ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 92 of 192
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Chris Meck 01:18 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They could certainly get a RT at 31.
shit they could wait and get Spencer Brown. I have zero doubt that kid will kill people at RT.
[Reply]
O.city 01:27 PM 04-27-2021
They could certainly get a RT at 31.
Would be a pretty big downgrade.

Look, I don't really have an issue with what they did in terms of moving on from Brown. It makes sense if they weren't gonna pay him.

But if he's as good at LT as some around here seem to think, they filled the Chiefs biggest hole for not much in terms of return. Is there a chance they don't like the player near as much as the media seems to think? If they're ok trading him, that is?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:21 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:

Look, I don't really have an issue with what they did in terms of moving on from Brown. It makes sense if they weren't gonna pay him.

But if he's as good at LT as some around here seem to think, they filled the Chiefs biggest hole for not much in terms of return. Is there a chance they don't like the player near as much as the media seems to think? If they're ok trading him, that is?
He went for smaller compensation because it turns out he isn’t signing a long term extension. Trent Williams only brought a 2nd round pick (similar compensation) last offseason for a similar reason.

Here’s how this is going to play out:

Brown will make the pro bowl at LT this year
KC will franchise tag him next offseason
KC will sign him to the biggest contract ever for an OL right before the draft.

My guess is 6 years, 141m. 50m guaranteed

And he will be worth every penny.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:22 PM 04-27-2021
My heart tells me you are right
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:32 PM 04-27-2021
Ok....and the Chiefs just gave the Ravens a 1st round draft pick. The Ravens, one of the best drafting teams in the league, now has two 1st round picks.

The Chiefs helped the Ravens get better too. For all we know, we just gave them the keys to a player that could help them beat their kryptonite.
Come on Detox, it's not like we gave them a top 15 pick, or even top 20. We moved from 31 to 56, they moved from 56 to 31, and got our 4th. This was a good deal in a thin draft with limited player info.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:34 PM 04-27-2021
Well after staring at our pick for months I can tell you the Ravens are getting a short-armed tackle that would make a better guard
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:36 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Come on Detox, it's not like we gave them a top 15 pick, or even top 20. We moved from 31 to 56, they moved from 56 to 31, and got our 4th. This was a good deal in a thin draft with limited player info.
Nah im not arguing that.

My post was a counter post to the argument that the Ravens made the Chiefs better, as if the Ravens weren't awarded a 1st round draft pick to get better their damn-selves.

That always seems to get lost in this ordeal as if the Ravens just gave away Brown to make a rival better.

Fact is, the Ravens will likely land a valuable player with that pick as well. It's a two way street. And they've been making late 1st round picks work for them for quite awhile now.

So yeah, the Ravens made the Chiefs better. Well the Chiefs made the Ravens better too. But no one wants to acknowledge that.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 02:41 PM 04-27-2021
Nah im not arguing that.

My post was a counter post to the argument that the Ravens made the Chiefs better, as if the Ravens weren't awarded a 1st round draft pick to get better their damn-selves.

That always seems to get lost in this ordeal as if the Ravens just gave away Brown to make a rival better.

Fact is, the Ravens will likely land a valuable player with that pick as well. It's a two way street. And they've been making late 1st round picks work for them for quite awhile now.

So yeah, the Ravens made the Chiefs better. Well the Chiefs made the Ravens better too.
I agree, they may get better if they pick well and have a history of doing so, however, I'm still shocked they traded with their rival and not sure that 56-31 will be significant in the long run, only time will tell. I just know this trade feels right and I expect it to continue to look like a win 5 years from now.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:43 PM 04-27-2021
If we both got better then I guess it's still up to Lamar to get past the Chiefs and I am not worried.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:48 PM 04-27-2021
So yeah, the Ravens made the Chiefs better. Well the Chiefs made the Ravens better too. But no one wants to acknowledge that.
I have but it's been glossed over.

The Chiefs didn't get OBJ for free.

A 1st, 3rd, 4th and next year's 5th will go a long way in strengthening an already good football team, which is FAR more than the 2023 3rd round Comp pick they would have received had they held on to OBJ and made him inactive each week.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:50 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
I agree, they may get better if they pick well and have a history of doing so, however, I'm still shocked they traded with their rival and not sure that 56-31 will be significant in the long run, only time will tell. I just know this trade feels right and I expect it to continue to look like a win 5 years from now.
Five years? I'd say three years, at most.

Outside of legit superstars and QB's, three years in a player's prime is pretty much all that teams should expect.

Again, the whole "Mark him down for the next 10 years!" is nonsensical TV draft banter and not based in today's NFL reality.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:52 PM 04-27-2021
Not that they'll get at 31.
Um yeah.

They could likely get Liam Eichenberg at 31 and he could start at RT for them in September.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 04-27-2021
Um no. It's a right tackle. And they just got another rookie contract for another 4 years.

They weren't going to be able to re-sign him. He wants to be a left tackle, told them to trade him if he wasn't going to play left tackle, and they didn't want to let him walk or sit out and get nothing for him.

How hard is that to understand?

They weren't "okay" trading him. They didn't WANT to trade him but they felt obliged to honor his wishes and also not throw the baby out with the bathwater in regards to their locker room.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:08 PM 04-27-2021

Please explain how deactivating OBJ for all 17 games in 2021, only to see him leave for the highest bidder and receive a 2023 Comp Pick is "better" for the Ravens than the 2021 #31, 3rd, 4th and a 5th round pick next year.
[Reply]
O.city 03:17 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Please explain how deactivating OBJ for all 17 games in 2021, only to see him leave for the highest bidder and receive a 2023 Comp Pick is "better" for the Ravens than the 2021 #31, 3rd, 4th and a 5th round pick next year.
He'd played RT his entire tenure there until this year. You think he's sitting out if they tell him he's the RT?
[Reply]
Page 92 of 192
« First < 42828889909192 93949596102142 > Last »
Up