ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 189 of 192
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 10:23 AM 02-16-2022
People need to quit with this "Brown at RT" bullshit. It's not happening.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:27 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Bad news man - if you're a 'good' LT at 25 years old on a championship contender, you're gonna get offered a shitload of money for a very long time by SOMEONE in the league.

The only real leverage the Chiefs have on him is the threat of the franchise tag and the diminished year 1 salary that comes with it for OL. If he signs a LT deal with a hefty bonus that pro-rates over 5 years, he's gonna get a big ass check the moment he signs and that's going to be awfully appealing.
I know that's true. The tag does give 2 years of leverage in my opinion though if you look at the tag value the next 2 years. I'm not sure he'd be sold on a 3 year deal but 2 years of tag leverage and he could still sign another big deal at age 28, I think he might. Of course, I'm just armchair GMing over here.
[Reply]
penguinz 10:27 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a really good LT, even in this scheme.
PM's deep drops make the tackle play look less than it actually is.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:29 AM 02-16-2022
Brown is likely going to end up with a 5-year deal worth north of $20M per.

Prepare yourselves, it's coming.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
People need to quit with this "Brown at RT" bullshit. It's not happening.
Of course it isn't. Remember - he's playing Guard.
[Reply]
-King- 10:32 AM 02-16-2022
Of course it isn't. Remember - he's playing Guard.
So then where will Branden Albert play!?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I know that's true. The tag does give 2 years of leverage in my opinion though if you look at the tag value the next 2 years. I'm not sure he'd be sold on a 3 year deal but 2 years of tag leverage and he could still sign another big deal at age 28, I think he might. Of course, I'm just armchair GMing over here.
Unless/until you get Hill signed to an extension, the tag isn't a viable threat for 2023 because he knows it gets used on Hill instead of him. And ultimately his year 2 franchise figure will probably be near $21 million because of the escalator for 2nd year tagged guys.

So it's not that much of a bargaining chip really. And if I'm the Chiefs and can't get him signed to a long-term deal this season, I strongly consider trading him anyway. He has as much/more value as he did when you acquired him and I think taking a guy to the 2nd year of his tag is always a bad move. So if you can't come to a long-term agreement now, what suggests you'd be able to find common ground the following year?

If that's the case, move him for value and try to find another long-term solution.

I just do not like using the tag on guys with the youth and track record Brown has. There's no point in it. Sign him long-term or acknowledge that you'll never come to an agreement on value and move him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:35 AM 02-16-2022
The only reason they use the tag at this point, IMHO, is if they know they can get a deal done but just need more time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:35 AM 02-16-2022
Veach won't let him leave.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:43 AM 02-16-2022
Unless/until you get Hill signed to an extension, the tag isn't a viable threat for 2023 because he knows it gets used on Hill instead of him. And ultimately his year 2 franchise figure will probably be near $21 million because of the escalator for 2nd year tagged guys.

So it's not that much of a bargaining chip really. And if I'm the Chiefs and can't get him signed to a long-term deal this season, I strongly consider trading him anyway. He has as much/more value as he did when you acquired him and I think taking a guy to the 2nd year of his tag is always a bad move. So if you can't come to a long-term agreement now, what suggests you'd be able to find common ground the following year?

If that's the case, move him for value and try to find another long-term solution.

I just do not like using the tag on guys with the youth and track record Brown has. There's no point in it. Sign him long-term or acknowledge that you'll never come to an agreement on value and move him.
If I had to tag him in year 2, I'd trade him as well. You're probably paying a lot more at that point and could easily get at least a 2 back. I'm just saying I still see it as some leverage because you'd be paying him 21 mil anyways and contracts always give you that extra injury protection. Yes, he is better than half the league has and he's young, I know he's gonna cost a good chunk. I'm just not sold on paying him top 3 LT money. I wouldn't be upset if that's what we ended up doing, I'm just not sold on him. Simple as that.

Maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll find out in a few years.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:44 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Veach won't let him leave.
This.

They're not letting a 25-year old LT who they just traded picks for to leave.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:44 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
If I had to tag him in year 2, I'd trade him as well. You're probably paying a lot more at that point and could easily get at least a 2 back. I'm just saying I still see it as some leverage because you'd be paying him 21 mil anyways and contracts always give you that extra injury protection. Yes, he is better than half the league has and he's young, I know he's gonna cost a good chunk. I'm just not sold on paying him top 3 LT money. I wouldn't be upset if that's what we ended up doing, I'm just not sold on him. Simple as that.

Maybe I'm wrong, I guess we'll find out in a few years.
Say you trade him. Who's your LT moving forward? Because now you're either spending cap space on a FA, who is probably older, or you're spending a high draft pick for a rookie that might not be as good.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:48 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This.

They're not letting a 25-year old LT who they just traded picks for to leave.
What they gave up in draft picks at this point is inconsequential. It would be foolish to think of it any other way. At some point, the price tag for any player is too high. Some of you I think you would spend $50 on a donut if you were hungry enough.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:49 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
What they gave up in draft picks at this point is inconsequential. It would be foolish to think of it any other way. At some point, the price tag for any player is too high. Some of you I think you would spend $50 on a donut if you were hungry enough.
It's far from inconsequential. You're looking at it backwards. They're not going to keep him because they traded for him.

They traded for him because they're going to keep him.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:51 AM 02-16-2022
They didn't trade picks for him so he could have a try out for a year. They traded picks for him because they knew he would fit and they wanted to keep him long term.
[Reply]
Page 189 of 192
« First < 89139179185186187188189 190191192 >
Up