ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 188 of 192
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:52 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
Is this his excuse for not being able to handle speed rushers?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:53 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Despite what Iowanian thinks, he absolutely dominated Trey Hendrickson. Who is a very good DE.
Trey Hendrickson is more of a power player rather than speed. Exactly the kind of DE Brown plays well against.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:54 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Is this his excuse for not being able to handle speed rushers?
Probably. When video came out of him getting absolutely destroyed by certain players he tried to put it out that he was just working on different techniques. :-) Dude just can't handle those moves and it's actually quite concerning he makes those lame ass excuses for it instead of slimming down and working on his footwork.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:55 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Probably. When video came out of him getting absolutely destroyed by certain players he tried to put it out that he was just working on different techniques. :-) Dude just can't handle those moves and it's actually quite concerning he makes those lame ass excuses for it instead of slimming down and working on his footwork.
JFC is your vagina gonna be bleeding all offseason?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:59 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Trey Hendrickson is more of a power player rather than speed. Exactly the kind of DE Brown plays well against.
I ... don't think that's accurate, man.

Hendrickson has an excellent "get off" and can win with speed rush or speed to power or a bull rush. He's an all-around DE.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:03 AM 02-16-2022
He's not wrong that scheme fit matters. It's part of why I'm not totally sold on him here, he doesn't match up as well for what we do as you'd like. He's good enough but I'm not sold on paying top dollar for good enough.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:05 AM 02-16-2022
“Good enough” is what we got from Wylie this year at RT.

Orlando Brown might not be elite, but he’s also better than “good enough”.

JFC this place is clueless.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:07 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
“Good enough” is what we got from Wylie this year at RT.

Orlando Brown might not be elite, but he’s also better than “good enough”.

JFC this place is clueless.
Good enough in this scheme. What's your preferred adjective between good and elite?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 02-16-2022
Some of you have some otherworldly expectations. Even amazing LTs get beat during games. It's impossible to win every single snap.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:11 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
Good enough in this scheme. What's your preferred adjective between good and elite?
He’s a really good LT, even in this scheme.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:17 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Some of you have some otherworldly expectations. Even amazing LTs get beat during games. It's impossible to win every single snap.
It really has been crazy to see how many folks immediately looked at Brown through jaundiced eyes while Frank Clark spent 3 seasons 'just doing his job' and setting edges or whatever.

OBJ just had a really good year. And no, he didn't cost us much at all in terms of acquisition cost. Oh, and he did it on something like a $4 million cap hit. And yet if he's not Orlando Pace he's some pile of shit who can't deal with speed rushers.

Huh?

Good players cost money - it's the nature of the league. Young good players on contending teams will usually cost top of the position group money. Again - that's just the way it goes.

So you can either pay it or let the guy walk and start from scratch with another unknown or a veteran that you hope still has some gas in the tank.

This has become a no-brainer to me. You get this deal done. Maybe it costs $21 million/yr, but you get it done.

Hey - remember 3 years ago when some of these very same people were saying we should cut Fisher to save $8 million on the cap? Dude made $70 million in 8 seasons and for all 8 seasons half this board wanted to cut him as some overpaid piece of shit.

Bottom line is that a lot of folks on this board don't really have a clue what LTs cost or what can reasonably be expected of them.
[Reply]
Shaid 10:18 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
He’s a really good LT, even in this scheme.
I still see him as good rather than really good. If he was playing RT in this scheme I'd be more on board. Like I said earlier on him, I'd be ok with like a 3 year deal and I'd keep looking for a better LT solution. You can win with him though.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:20 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
If they got the level of play they desired (Trent Williams) they’d be complaining about the injuries.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:22 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
I still see him as good rather than really good. If he was playing RT in this scheme I'd be more on board. Like I said earlier on him, I'd be ok with like a 3 year deal and I'd keep looking for a better LT solution. You can win with him though.
Bad news man - if you're a 'good' LT at 25 years old on a championship contender, you're gonna get offered a shitload of money for a very long time by SOMEONE in the league.

The only real leverage the Chiefs have on him is the threat of the franchise tag and the diminished year 1 salary that comes with it for OL. If he signs a LT deal with a hefty bonus that pro-rates over 5 years, he's gonna get a big ass check the moment he signs and that's going to be awfully appealing.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:23 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I ... don't think that's accurate, man.

Hendrickson has an excellent "get off" and can win with speed rush or speed to power or a bull rush. He's an all-around DE.
My mistake then. I thought he was more a power player.
[Reply]
Page 188 of 192
« First < 88138178184185186187188 189190191192 >
Up