ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 192
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
tredadda 11:22 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
The only two rookie tackles that both played on the left side AND played well were taken in the top 15 of the draft.

We talked about a dozen tackles this past offseason as options for the Chiefs. Very few of them even played left tackle this season and most of them were average to bad, even after moving to RT or even guard.

Going with a rookie would be asking for a disaster to happen. It's not even really an option, specially when you consider that a long-term deal with OBJ would probably carry a cap number of less than $10M in 2022.
Couldn't agree more. Simply put when you have an elite QB, you can't go cheap on the LT position (unless he's left handed). That's just one position you don't cut corners and costs on.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:22 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
While agree and hope he gets resigned….you have to also consider this:

OBJ

Vs

Rookie + $20M cap
Who is this magical LT that's gonna come in as a rookie and produce at an pro bowl level? Love to find out and how we get 28+ other teams to pass on said dude.

Go ahead, I'll hang up and listen.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:26 AM 01-28-2022
Dude is so awful that we're stuck playing the afc championship game at Arrowhead a week after completely dismantling the league's number one defense. What a ****ing stupid trade. Typical chiefs...
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:32 AM 01-28-2022
I think speed rushes will always be a challenge for a guy his size, but it seems like he's improved dramatically over the back half of the season. He had a couple of games where we were all concerned that he was on the verge of false-starting, but I think now that he was getting coached to get a better jump off the ball and it's worked. His timing is impeccable now.

I think it's also helped that Patrick Mahomes II was unleashed to depart the pocket. It seemed like he was staying in the pocket more earlier in the year, which made him a sitting duck to a speed rush that got by Orlando. But now he weaves and bobs in a way that is his strength, and it's working for everybody.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:34 AM 01-28-2022
Given his size and name, I also think we should start calling him Magic Kingdom Brown. Or maybe just Epcot.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:39 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by mkp785:
Who is this magical LT that's gonna come in as a rookie and produce at an pro bowl level? Love to find out and how we get 28+ other teams to pass on said dude.

Go ahead, I'll hang up and listen.
^ So much this. This is not Madden where you can draft a player based on "potential" and plug and play. Watch almost any draft. By and large the three positions that go very fast in the draft are......

1. An elite QB
2. The guy who protects the QB
3. The guy who sack the QB

After that is other positions which is why those three above positions are paid so well. Teams don't pass on elite talent at those positions unless they already have someone elite there.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:40 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I think speed rushes will always be a challenge for a guy his size, but it seems like he's improved dramatically over the back half of the season. He had a couple of games where we were all concerned that he was on the verge of false-starting, but I think now that he was getting coached to get a better jump off the ball and it's worked. His timing is impeccable now.

I think it's also helped that Patrick Mahomes II was unleashed to depart the pocket. It seemed like he was staying in the pocket more earlier in the year, which made him a sitting duck to a speed rush that got by Orlando. But now he weaves and bobs in a way that is his strength, and it's working for everybody.
I noticed this in the last game too. He stepped up in the pocket and depending on our Thuney/Creed/Smith triplet to do their jobs. That's the smart play and it would mean that OBJ just needs to ride guys outside and away. I'm not sure how he does on the double moves (spins back to the inside and counters) but generally speaking this should work fine.
[Reply]
Pants 11:40 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Dude is so awful that we're stuck playing the afc championship game at Arrowhead a week after completely dismantling the league's number one defense. What a ****ing stupid trade. Typical chiefs...
:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 11:44 AM 01-28-2022
I noticed this in the last game too. He stepped up in the pocket and depending on our Thuney/Creed/Smith triplet to do their jobs. That's the smart play and it would mean that OBJ just needs to ride guys outside and away. I'm not sure how he does on the double moves (spins back to the inside and counters) but generally speaking this should work fine.
Defensive schemes and Brown have forced him to not just drift back. He is having to step up in the pocket, which is actually good for him.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:49 AM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Defensive schemes and Brown have forced him to not just drift back. He is having to step up in the pocket, which is actually good for him.
He also seems to be trusting his guys more. After the superbowl he was justifiably a little jumpy. Don't blame him one bit for that.

Now, Patrick seems to be more willing to give these guys his trust since they've been playing and earning that trust.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:53 AM 01-28-2022
He also seems to be trusting his guys more. After the superbowl he was justifiably a little jumpy. Don't blame him one bit for that.

Now, Patrick seems to be more willing to give these guys his trust since they've been playing and earning that trust.
Agreed, I think any QB would have been jumpy playing behind that SB line we had.
[Reply]
notorious 12:24 PM 01-28-2022
He’s doing fine, and is only going to get better.

Lock him up.
[Reply]
notorious 12:25 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Couldn't agree more. Simply put when you have an elite QB, you can't go cheap on the LT position (unless he's left handed). That's just one position you don't cut corners and costs on.
There’s a solution. Mahomes can start throwing left handed!
[Reply]
tredadda 12:28 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
He's done it before.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:07 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Sure Mahomes could, but our RT's would suck!

:-)
[Reply]
Page 182 of 192
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186 > Last »
Up