ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 1208
« First < 15556162636465 66676869751151655651065 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:08 PM 12-28-2015
Okay, I just looked up "block" mozzarella. I haven't seen them before. Not here or NE. Anyhow, this article seems decent on what kind of cheese to look for, thoroughly disses the shredded as having cornstarch or other coatings and improper melting. I thought there was something funky about the shredded. Now I know why. Anyhow, it does recommend blocks of whole milk and brand not as big a factor. Teaches what to look for when it melts to determine best one.

http://slice.seriouseats.com/archive...or-pizzas.html
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 12:09 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Donger:
Yep. I'll just buy a new one. I have to get a peel anyway.
Sell it at a garage sale or give to Salvation Army. :-) Waste not!

Better yet, donate it to your meth-lab neighbor.
[Reply]
Donger 12:18 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea:
Sell it at a garage sale or give to Salvation Army. :-) Waste not!

Better yet, donate it to your meth-lab neighbor.
I wasn't going to throw it away. Good will (with a little soap...)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:55 PM 12-28-2015
No cornmeal for me. The primary purpose is to make the dough slide easier; if you use parchment paper like I recommended, it's moot.

Block cheese here. ATK recommends whole milk Kraft mozzarella, surprisingly.

No roller here, either. Let the dough rise and warm up. If the dough is cold, stretching it will be an exercise in futility.
[Reply]
Groves 02:35 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
I'd strongly encourage you toward the 6qt. (7?) model over the 4.5 or 5.
They now make an 8qt (same as 7qt, but different bowl)

Kitchenaid sells their reforms on Ebay at great prices. I think our 7qt was low $300s.
[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 12-28-2015
How much dough to make a "normal" crust 16" pizza?
[Reply]
Groves 02:40 PM 12-28-2015
How much dough to make a "normal" crust 16" pizza?
What are you even asking? You want a recipe? A volume measurement of dough?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 02:40 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Groves:
They now make an 8qt (same as 7qt, but different bowl)

Kitchenaid sells their reforms on Ebay at great prices. I think our 7qt was low $300s.

I don't think I've ever had a need for bigger than my 7. I think that's about what I paid for mine, too. Also a refurb on eBay. Years and years ago.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:00 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
No cornmeal for me. The primary purpose is to make the dough slide easier; if you use parchment paper like I recommended, it's moot.

Block cheese here. ATK recommends whole milk Kraft mozzarella, surprisingly.

No roller here, either. Let the dough rise and warm up. If the dough is cold, stretching it will be an exercise in futility.
Yeah. I've had that problem with store bought dough. Springy as hell and curls right back. But I roll my own homemade cause I can't have yeast. So mine is not a yeast-based dough. And I love a corn meal crust. Of course that is partially cornmeal not full.

What is ATK?
[Reply]
Donger 03:02 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Groves:
What are you even asking? You want a recipe? A volume measurement of dough?
How much Whole Foods dough to use to make a 16" pizza. Volume or weight.
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 03:03 PM 12-28-2015
How much Whole Foods dough to use to make a 16" pizza. Volume or weight.
Just buy it an spread it out to 16". Iirc, they sell two blobs of it in one container. Merge them.
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:06 PM 12-28-2015
Yeah. I've had that problem with store bought dough. Springy as hell and curls right back. But I roll my own homemade cause I can't have yeast. So mine is not a yeast-based dough. And I love a corn meal crust. Of course that is partially cornmeal not full.

What is ATK?
America's Test Kitchen.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 03:07 PM 12-28-2015

What is ATK?

America's Test Kitchen. Same folks that do Cook's Illustrated.
[Reply]
Donger 03:28 PM 12-28-2015
Just buy it an spread it out to 16". Iirc, they sell two blobs of it in one container. Merge them.
Thanks BEP.
[Reply]
Stewie 03:38 PM 12-28-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Honestly, the best way to do fish is convection. If you have a flavorwave, it's easy perfection. Basically a halogen heat lamp with a fan to move the hot air around the food.

If you have a convection stove or microwave. That would work. After that, pan sear, then regular oven last.
I have that exact FlavorWave and use the hell out of it... so much so that the printing is coming off the buttons. Among its many attributes it can cook perfect chicken while crisping the skin like it's been fried, without frying. I think I bought my FW in 2001 and it's still performing like a champ.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 1208
« First < 15556162636465 66676869751151655651065 > Last »
Up