ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 2690
« First < 95145185191192193194195 1961971981992052452956951195 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 AM 06-01-2017
After Pat threw the pick six, he spent 15 minutes working on his footwork and reviewing the play with Mike Kafka before speaking with the media. Pat was rolling left and threw against his body, which is a big no no in the NFL but is easy to get away with in college.

I hate agreeing with Keitzman bc he's a POS, but he's right about Mahomes error yesterday.

Mahomes was never taught to throw the ball away at TTU ever and he was always being taught to "get it and go" from the spread system. A lot of that was probably due to having to score every time he has the ball or else they lose.

This is the Jay Cutler in him and it's clear that Andy is going to Coach the hell out of him at all times to erase that habit out of his head and teach him to play good football.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's given a true redshirt year by being the 3rd QB this season working with Mike Kafka full time and learning from Andy and Alex in meetings.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:14 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he's given a true redshirt year by being the 3rd QB this season working with Mike Kafka full time and learning from Andy and Alex in meetings.
I'm fine with that.

Smith gets 2017 and Bray needs to be the backup to determine if he can be a backup after this year. If Smith goes down.....then Bray has had enough practice and enough knowledge of this offense to either sink or swim.
[Reply]
raybec 4 11:34 AM 06-01-2017
I like that Knownuts is quick to point our Pat's mistake but he's silent on the shitstorm they have at QB.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:41 AM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
I like that Knownuts is quick to point our Pat's mistake but he's silent on the shitstorm they have at QB.
The scent of fear from a lesser stag.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 12:55 PM 06-01-2017
People have to expect and understand that Mahomes is going to throw picks, especially right now. He will in training camp, preseason, and for the rest of his career. Not a big deal. Just as he will regarding touchdowns.

Its a fluid process. As long as they're continuing to work and get better at things, it'll shake out just fine.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
People have to expect and understand that Mahomes is going to throw picks, especially right now. He will in training camp, preseason, and for the rest of his career. Not a big deal. Just as he will regarding touchdowns.

Its a fluid process. As long as they're continuing to work and get better at things, it'll shake out just fine.
They are going to hammer the details in this kid's head all day every day for as long as it takes. He's used to playing solely with his arm like Jay Cutler and Blake Bortles and to nobody's surprise he's looking just like them with 3 picks already from scrubs in non-contact practices.

They are literally starting all over with him.
[Reply]
penbrook 01:11 PM 06-01-2017
You know who doesn't throw that many picks? ALEX SMITH!!
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:12 PM 06-01-2017
Who the hell cares about an int at practice by a rookie. It's not even a story.
[Reply]
Halfcan 01:21 PM 06-01-2017
After Pat threw the pick six, he spent 15 minutes working on his footwork and reviewing the play with Mike Kafka before speaking with the media. Pat was rolling left and threw against his body, which is a big no no in the NFL but is easy to get away with in college.

I hate agreeing with Keitzman bc he's a POS, but he's right about Mahomes error yesterday.

Mahomes was never taught to throw the ball away at TTU ever and he was always being taught to "get it and go" from the spread system. A lot of that was probably due to having to score every time he has the ball or else they lose.

This is the Jay Cutler in him and it's clear that Andy is going to Coach the hell out of him at all times to erase that habit out of his head and teach him to play good football.

Of course, KK is going to harp on every mistake the kid makes- he is on permanent record to calling 2PM a LOSER and being against the Chiefs drafting him. This is OTA's - NOT the the fucking playoffs. Who gives a shit if he throws some INT's. It is good that he does- that is how he is going to learn the speed of the game, what he can get away with and what will cost him. Comparing him to Jay Cutler is ridiculous. Not even the same type of player.

As 2PM grows into the dynamic player Andy feels he will be- I would expect KK's diarrhea mouth to go on overdrive. Every mistake 2PM makes will be- "See I told you folks- total LOSER- I was right." Pretty pathetic attempt to prop up his ratings. :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:41 PM 06-01-2017
It's not a bad thing that he's throwing picks bc he's learning. The point is that he might not even be the backup QB this year and most posters are going to bitch about it despite it being the right decision.

The INT's in practice show that Mahomes has a long way to go. Trent Green said he would be surprised if Mahomes was the backup QB this season. I agree with him.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 01:46 PM 06-01-2017
It's not a bad thing that he's throwing picks bc he's learning. The point is that he might not even be the backup QB this year and most posters are going to bitch about it despite it being the right decision.

The INT's in practice show that Mahomes has a long way to go. Trent Green said he would be surprised if Mahomes was the backup QB. I agree with him.
Trent Green should know. LOL. I remember how bad he was at throwing picks when he first became a starter in KC. It was so bad that the moron hack of a reporter, Fatlock coined that stupid nickname Tr"Int" for him. But he certainly improved and was a pretty accurate passer. Mahomes will too.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:51 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Of course, KK is going to harp on every mistake the kid makes- he is on permanent record to calling 2PM a LOSER and being against the Chiefs drafting him. This is OTA's - NOT the the ****ing playoffs. Who gives a shit if he throws some INT's. It is good that he does- that is how he is going to learn the speed of the game, what he can get away with and what will cost him. Comparing him to Jay Cutler is ridiculous. Not even the same type of player.

As 2PM grows into the dynamic player Andy feels he will be- I would expect KK's diarrhea mouth to go on overdrive. Every mistake 2PM makes will be- "See I told you folks- total LOSER- I was right." Pretty pathetic attempt to prop up his ratings. :-)
I don't think the Cutler comparisons are that far off. They both have outstanding arm strength, they both can be a bit sporadic with their accuracy, and both have the tendency to throw up 50/50 balls.

They're obviously very different personalities.

I think Cutler is Mahomes' floor. I expect Mahomes to have a very Cutler like 1st year starting.

I like to go back and watch Mahomes vs "whatever football team" whenever i can. I often watch Mahomes games when im laying in bed ready to pass out. I've probably watched every game available on Youtube multiple times now.

There's a ton to like about him. But if we're being fair, there are some valid concerns regarding his game.

His accuracy can be sporadic. In the same game he'll throw high. Then he'll throw one in the dirt. Sometimes he hits the long ball perfect. Sometimes it's an overthrow. He doesn't have that Trent Green like ball placement. He holds onto the ball for quite awhile.

Many of his snaps show him holding the ball much longer than he'll be able to in the NFL.

He has the tendency to roll out of a clean pocket. He seems to favor open, clean throwing lanes and will try to position himself into one before making a throw, instead of sticking in the pocket and making the throw amidst congestion.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:56 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Trent Green should know. LOL. I remember how bad he was at throwing picks when he first became a starter in KC. It was so bad that the moron hack of a reporter, Fatlock coined that stupid nickname Tr"Int" for him. But he certainly improved and was a pretty accurate passer.
Nope.

First off, Phobia coined the term "TrInt" and Whitlock picked up on it.

Secondly, Trent's issue with interceptions in 2001 was due to the fact that his injured knee hadn't fully healed and he was playing through a lot of pain.

It also didn't help that the WR corp was awful.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:04 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Quite possibly the worst receiving corp i can recall the Chiefs ever fielding.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 02:10 PM 06-01-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Nope.

First off, Phobia coined the term "TrInt" and Whitlock picked up on it.

Secondly, Trent's issue with interceptions in 2001 was due to the fact that his injured knee hadn't fully healed and he was playing through a lot of pain.

I didn't realize that Phobia coined "TrInt" and that the useless hack Fatlock claimed it as his own. But it doesn't surprise me.

I din't realize that was why he threw so many interceptions. I thought that he just learned to not do that.
[Reply]
Page 195 of 2690
« First < 95145185191192193194195 1961971981992052452956951195 > Last »
Up