ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1095 of 2690
« First < 955959951045108510911092109310941095 109610971098109911051145119515952095 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
bigjosh 11:49 PM 09-27-2018
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I hope PM2 gives Conley some chances to show off his 40+ inch vertical.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
Do you think Conley still has a 40" vert post Achilles rupture?

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
[Reply]
rico 12:14 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

Probbbbbbly not.

That 2015 WR class is interesting to think about. So many of us were high on several prospects that have been totally underwhelmed...like Jaelen Strong. I’d rather have Conley. Meanwhile, Stefon Diggs was drafted after Conley and has probably had the most success out off all the WR’s in that class. I’m gonna break all that shit down shortly...just don’t know where to post it. If Conley breaks out this year and continues to do well, he could easily slide his name in as one of the best in that loaded class.

Imagine how the Bears feel about Kevin White and the Ravens about Perriman...and the Titans about Green-Beckham...:-)
[Reply]
rico 01:38 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by rico:
Probbbbbbly not.

That 2015 WR class is interesting to think about. So many of us were high on several prospects that have been totally underwhelmed...like Jaelen Strong. I’d rather have Conley. Meanwhile, Stefon Diggs was drafted after Conley and has probably had the most success out off all the WR’s in that class. I’m gonna break all that shit down shortly...just don’t know where to post it. If Conley breaks out this year and continues to do well, he could easily slide his name in as one of the best in that loaded class.

Imagine how the Bears feel about Kevin White and the Ravens about Perriman...and the Titans about Green-Beckham...:-)
Fuck it, I’ll just post it here. It’s nice that Conley’s career is at least headed uphill while some of these other guys have hit brick walls or never got anything going. How would these guys be re-drafted today? Probably the most pre-draft WR talk that I remember...that 2015 class.

What pick they were selected with and by what team they were selected by (some are obviously already on different teams)

4.) Amari Cooper- Raiders... has been very good, but hasn’t lived up to the huge hype that we kept hearing from Faid fans...not some unstoppable world beater. 2X pro bowl, 3028 receiving yards, 18 TD’s.

7.) Kevin White- Bears... A total brokedick to this point. Pretty safe to label him a huge bust.

14.).Devante Parker- Dolphins... Has been pretty good. 1948 receiving yards, 8 TD’s.

20.) Nelson Agholor- Eagles... coming into last year, seemed as if he was headed to bust territory, but has been coming around since 2017. 1561 Receiving yards, 13 TD’s.

26.) Breshad Perriman- Ravens... A brokedick who didn’t really show much when he got the chance. A FA already, I believe? Bust.

29.) Phil Dorsett- Colts... Didn’t take long for the Colts to trade him to the Pats. Jury is still out, the dude can fly, but has brain farts. 1057 receiving yards, 4 TD’s.

37.) Devin Smith- Jets... Not sure what he did, but I think he’s a FA... Bust.

40.) Dorial Green-Beckham- Talent and physicality-wise he drew comparisons to Megatron, but had character concerns that ultimately led to him being out of the league already... Flashed when he had the chance. 941 receiving yards, 6 TD’s in his limited time playing.

41.) Devin Funchess- Panthers... Doing pretty decent, right? The WR1 in Carolina. 1869 receiving yards, 18 TD’s.

69.) Tyler Lockett- Seahawks... Pro Bowl (2015), 1st team all pro (2015), 2X 2nd team all pro (2016-2017). Great punt returner. 2012 receiving yards, 3422 returning yards, 16 TD’s. Arguably the best in the class at this point.

70.) Jaelen Strong- Texans... already a FA...

76.) Chris Conley- Chiefs... Has as many TD’s this year with Mahomes (2) as he did in 3 years while in WR Purga, I mean hell with Alex. I think he may be emerging. 949 receiving yards, 4 TD’s (2 in first 3 games of 2018).

87.) Sammie Coates- Steelers... meh

94.) Ty Montgomery- Packers A RB now.

105.) Jamison Crowder- Redskins... had his moments with Cousins, but is now in WR Purga, I mean HELL with Alex. 2319 receiving yards, 13 TD’s. 670 return yards, 1 return TD.

107.) Justin Hardy- Falcons...?

123.) Vince Mayle- Browns...?

132.) DeAndre Smelter- 49ers...?

139.) Rashaad Green- Jaguars...?

146.) Stefon Diggs- Vikings... One of the best WR’s in the draft class so far. A steal considering where he was selected. Ranked the 65th best player in the NFL on that list they do every year. 2643 receiving yards, 18 TD’s.

156.) Tony Lippett- Dolphins... ?

159.) JJ Nelson- Cardinals...?

162.) Kenny Bell- Bucs... ?

175.) Keith Mumphery- Texans...?

184.) Kaelin Clay- Bucs...?

187.) Evan Spencer- Redskins...?

201.) Bud Sasser- Rams....?

204.) Darren Waller- Ravens...?

220.) Neal Sterling- Jaguars...?

221.) Andre Debose- Raiders...?

233.) Da’Ron Brown- Chiefs... :-) I forgot about this guy... Wasn’t this guy supposed to be our younger Jason Avant/possession receiver type?! :-)

234.) Dezmin Lewis- Bills... ?

238.) Mario Alford- Bengals...?

245.) Tre McBride- Texans...?

UDFA.) Cam Meredith- Bears... He has been ok. He was the #1 WR for the Bears at times. Had a decent 2016. Has been better than Kevin White. :-) Plays for the Saints now.

UDFA.) Tyrell Williams- Chargers... Was a pretty good pickup for the Chargers. 1939 receiving yards, 13 TD’s.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:05 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:

Yeah. While the achilles tendon does play a part in vertical jump training, I think that at this stage vertical specific training isn't something Conley needs, outside of any continuing rehab or PT exercises.

So, I think he probably can't duplicate the 45" vertical he had at the combine, I still think he could hit 40. To me the achilles would impact his shuttle times and three cone drill times, or his broad jump distance more.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:31 AM 09-28-2018
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nf...219144175.html

Originally Posted by :
Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes isn’t afraid to own his mistakes. That’s a good thing

By Brooke Pryor bpryor@kcstar.com

Chiefs’ Patrick Mahomes not reading too much into hot start

Patrick Mahomes made a mistake.

Actually, he didn’t just make a mistake, he made lots of them — all during the first three weeks of the regular season and in the weeks of preseason and training camp before that.

He misread protections, stepped on his linemen, called wrong plays.

But it’s not just that Mahomes is making mistakes, it’s that the young quarterback is owning them.

While Mahomes mania is reaching a fever pitch with his eye-popping stats and mind-bending throws, the second-year pro is quick to remind people that he’s human, and that he’s still a work in progress. It’s that humility that bodes well for his future with the Chiefs (3-0).

“He’s real with you guys,” coach Andy Reid said. “He is real on the sideline. That allows for progress. If you are conning yourself into something you’re not, that’s an issue at that position. If you are willing to put it out there and say this is what I am, and I have to get better in certain areas, then you normally can do that. That’s where he is at.”

Offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy praised Mahomes’ ability to not make the same mistake twice during the preseason. In the regular season, Mahomes is not only correcting his mistakes the first time around, he’s talking about it.

After throwing four touchdowns in the season-opening win against the Chargers, Mahomes was asked about the normality of his performance. He responded by pointing out that he missed a wide-open Sammy Watkins because he thought he was about to be hit.

“Even just being out there, there was stuff I could hit and I didn’t,” he said after the game. “Once where I was protected and I thought I was going to be hit and Sammy Watkins was wide open and I could have made the throw.”

After a record-breaking performance against the Steelers, Mahomes was asked where he could improve. Instead of giving generalities, he pointed out specific instances where he messed up.

Do you like this story? Subscribe to Sports Pass

The Star's digital sports-only subscription is only $30 per year. It's your ticket to everything sports in Kansas City ... and beyond, and helps us produce sports coverage like this.

“I can be better with my protections,” he said. “There were sometimes I had to throw hot and I think there was one I threw to Sammy and he broke a tackle for 30, but if I had been protected, I may have been able to run the route the way it was supposed to be run and throw it to the right guy. Just everywhere.

“I missed a couple shots I could have made. I stepped up and stepped on Mitch Morse’s ankle and took a sack instead of just getting the ball out of my hands.”

Later, he told WHB 810 AM that he also called the wrong formation in the huddle in that game. Tight end Travis Kelce pointed it out and Mahomes fixed it at the line of scrimmage. Everything turned out, OK, though, because the extra calls confused the Steelers’ defense and led to a 25-yard touchdown pass to Kelce.

Chiefs’ Andy Reid discusses 3-0 start, Broncos matchup

KC Chiefs head coach Andy Reid addresses members of the media as his team gets ready to play the Denver Broncos on the road on Monday Night Football.

By Lynn Worthy

“Is there going to be a hiccup here or there? Yes,” Reid said. “There will be learning experiences going on here. Everything has not been roses up to this point. It looks like it, but that has not been the case. He has a ton of things to work on.”

Mahomes isn’t afraid to own up to those hiccups. In his candidness, he shows a maturity that many 23-year-olds lack. It takes a big person to admit when they’re wrong, and it takes an even bigger person to do that when they’re the wunderkind quarterback of an NFL team.

“I think as quarterback and as a football player you always want to get better,” he said. “When you go into a game and there’s something that was drawn up the way it was supposed to be drawn up and you missed the throw or the catch, as a receiver, it’s something where you feel bad about that.

“You can always regret just missing it, but as a football player you have to move on to the next play. Whenever you get back and look at the film you make sure you learn from those mistakes and try not to make them again.”

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:35 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by :
he also called the wrong formation in the huddle in that game. Tight end Travis Kelce pointed it out and Mahomes fixed it at the line of scrimmage. Everything turned out, OK, though, because the extra calls confused the Steelers’ defense and led to a 25-yard touchdown pass to Kelce.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:45 AM 09-28-2018
well...we know what movie i need to meme up

[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:55 AM 09-28-2018
Sure feels good to have WRs relevant again in KC. Smith hates them and always has.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:55 AM 09-28-2018

Awesome Lolol https://t.co/tu3jhSFWFs

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes5) September 27, 2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:04 AM 09-28-2018

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:06 AM 09-28-2018
I LOVE HAVING A BADASS QB

Dearest Mother -
We march west to face a troop of donkey breeding mountaineers. Their leader Capt. Keesum was praised for not misfiring his Colt 44 in simulations, but now in battle has proven himself unable to hit the ground with his foot. Our purpose remains resolute.
- Patrick

— Capt. Patrick Mahomes (@CaptMahomesII) September 28, 2018

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 07:15 AM 09-28-2018
I love that he wore #5 playing baseball.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:17 AM 09-28-2018
https://youtu.be/vgi5g-aCPa8
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:18 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
I love that he wore #5 playing baseball.

Cairo Santos kept him from having #5 on the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Naptown Chief 07:37 AM 09-28-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Cairo Santos kept from having #5 on the Chiefs.
Piece of crap..
[Reply]
Page 1095 of 2690
« First < 955959951045108510911092109310941095 109610971098109911051145119515952095 > Last »
Up