ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 250 of 324
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs hire Steve Spagnuolo as new defensive coordinator
TLO 04:33 PM 01-24-2019

The #Chiefs are hiring Steve Spagnuolo as their new defensive coordinator, sources say. The former #Giants DC and interim HC/#Rams HC began his NFL coaching career as an #Eagles assistant under Andy Reid. Now rejoins Big Red in KC.

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) January 24, 2019

[Reply]
tredadda 09:37 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
100%. I used to yell at the tv about it. Hated the fact that I not only knew when we were going to blitz every time, but knew exactly how we were going to do it just about every time.

Sutton wasn't any better. Always trying to fit square pegs in round holes, leaving talent on the shelf because of the above, predictable unimaginative play-calling of a 12-year-old . . .

Spags turned the defense into a resilient, aggressive, unpredictable, situationally proficient unit, even with wholesale turnover twice in just 4 years.

The man deserves more credit than what he gets from Chief Fan.
Amazing how much better he looks with actual talent on the defense at key positions.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 11-23-2022
I dont' like the 3rd and long stuff. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't thing. Bring pressure, you're in danger

Sit back you're in danger.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 10:59 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I dont' like the 3rd and long stuff. It's a damned if you do damned if you don't thing. Bring pressure, you're in danger

Sit back you're in danger.
Its not all or nothing.

You don't have to zero blitz.

You can send an extra guy. It's totally fine.

Also not for nothing, but is nobody concerned that Steve Spagnuolo could not answer a question about Palmers TD to take the lead because he couldn't remember it?

Like, what?

I have no involvement with this game other than the 3 hours as a fan watching live, and I knew immediately what play the reporter was asking about.

Also, it's Tuesday at the time of this presser, which means he should have already reviewed film to make corrections, and after living the game in real time, and again reviewing the film, he STILL doesn't remember the play that gave up the lead with 1:46 remaining?

It really explains a lot. I'm expecting these coaches to call plays and gameplan drawing from their vast experiences over the years.

But if this dude can't remember the ****ing play that surrendered the lead 2 days removed from the game, AFTER watching the film, then he's drawing from 2 things. Jack, and shit.

I just can't believe the guy can't remember the play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:02 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Its not all or nothing.

Meh.

Sometimes one extra guy isn't enough and now you've compromised yourself on the back end. 5 man rushes aren't great.

I'm fine with feast or famine. Go big or go home. Bring pressure and make sure it gets there or don't even bother. If you bring a little pressure, like a 5 man rush, and it doesn't get there, you're fucked too.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:07 AM 11-23-2022
Its not all or nothing.

Also not for nothing, but is nobody concerned that Steve Spagnuolo could not answer a question about Palmers TD to take the lead because he couldn't remember it?

Like, what?

I have no involvement with this game other than the 3 hours as a fan watching live, and I knew immediately what play the reporter was asking about.

Also, it's Tuesday at the time of this presser, which means he should have already reviewed film to make corrections, and after living the game in real time, and again reviewing the film, he STILL doesn't remember the play that gave up the lead with 1:46 remaining?

It really explains a lot. I'm expecting these coaches to call plays and gameplan drawing from their vast experiences over the years.

But if this dude can't remember the ****ing play that surrendered the lead 2 days removed from the game, AFTER watching the film, then he's drawing from 2 things. Jack, and shit.

I just can't believe the guy can't remember the play.
JFC you're a whiny cunt :-)
[Reply]
jjchieffan 11:12 AM 11-23-2022
Couple interesting things in there.

1. It takes a whole half for Steve and his crew to figure shit out. That's why there's no adjustments until half. IMO, I'd lik to see that figured out much sooner, but that looks like that's not going to be the case. They play much better after half adjustments, so we just have to hope that the games don't get away from us in the first half, and we have a chance.
I would say that he's making adjustments throughout the half. It just takes the whole half for them to get it together. I don't know how many times that we've seen the other team come out on the first drive and march right down the field usually with a big play. Then they get the big plays stopped and start getting some stops. Like the screen pass that went 50 yards on the first drive of the Titans game. That only worked once.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:16 AM 11-23-2022
We’re 11th in 3rd down defense but sometimes I feel like not having a good enough pad rush gets us.

Man watching a team like Dallas with 4 good edge rushers is suffocating. Vikings were 1/11 on 3rd down and a big part of that was the fear of God from their pass rushers.

Hope Veach can get us a pass rush like that next year.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 11:52 AM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
JFC you're a whiny **** :-)
Ok staylor ran away.

If you're good with a dude having no memory of the biggest play of the game for his unit, and can't answer any questions about it, continue living your quite blissful ignorance.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:18 PM 11-23-2022
Ok staylor ran away.

If you're good with a dude having no memory of the biggest play of the game for his unit, and can't answer any questions about it, continue living your quite blissful ignorance.
Lol, here we go. Again.

Here's how the LAC drives went in the second half:

PUNT - 9yds
PUNT - 9yds
FUMBLE - 43yds
TD - 63yds
INT - (-5yds)

Wallcrawler: "iT's NoT gOoD eNoUGh!!!!"

Okay. Your right. Spags sux. Can't make adjustments. Can't stop anyone. We're fucked.:-)

Happy Thanksgiving, WC!:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:31 PM 11-23-2022
Couple interesting things in there.

1. It takes a whole half for Steve and his crew to figure shit out. That's why there's no adjustments until half. IMO, I'd lik to see that figured out much sooner, but that looks like that's not going to be the case. They play much better after half adjustments, so we just have to hope that the games don't get away from us in the first half, and we have a chance.

2. Put the lousy no pressure 3rd n 18 on his players. Thought the d line would get more pressure than it did (at least that's what I got out of it) and Josh shoukd have located the ball. Even though he knew there's a rocket arm back there that can make any throw.

Football is all about situations. You've harassed the guy with pressure all night. Bring pressure again, and the receivers likely don't have time to get 18 yards downfield. Instead, you choose to give him all day to make a throw, which leads your unit to giving up what is a back breaking score on 31 other nfl teams.

It was good to see the O pull it out, but we'd been in similar spots before this year where the back breaking score beat us because they intercepted the ball on our final series against Indy, and Buffalo.

So Patrick can't always pull your ass out of the fire. We have a coin flip o line. They might do their job, or Patrick could be under fire all day.

These are young guys, it's his job to help them out, and I'm sorry but no pressure on 3rd n 18 with an arm like Herbert has, you're just asking for him to smoke you. You'll never convince me that only rushing 4 was the right call there.

Pass the buck or whatever, I guess Jones should have taken up 3 guys instead of just the 2 all night right?
You're like...my third least favorite person on this board.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:40 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
We’re 11th in 3rd down defense but sometimes I feel like not having a good enough pad rush gets us.

Man watching a team like Dallas with 4 good edge rushers is suffocating. Vikings were 1/11 on 3rd down and a big part of that was the fear of God from their pass rushers.

Hope Veach can get us a pass rush like that next year.
Da Fuq?? We’re 4th in the league in sacks
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 12:48 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
You're like...my third least favorite person on this board.
Aww. Now you've gone and made me count how many ****s I don't give about you, or the ****ing mongrel race that conceived you.

It's a real shame that you're too ****ing reeruned to use ignore, isn't it.

Continue crying, you blood belching ****.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:02 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Lol, here we go. Again.

Here's how the LAC drives went in the second half:

PUNT - 9yds
PUNT - 9yds
FUMBLE - 43yds
TD - 63yds
INT - (-5yds)

Wallcrawler: "iT's NoT gOoD eNoUGh!!!!"

Okay. Your right. Spags sux. Can't make adjustments. Can't stop anyone. We're ****ed.:-)

Happy Thanksgiving, WC!:-)
Imagine having the illiteracy level that you display. I'm sure it's you being intentionally obtuse, because that's just the kind of **** schtick you have.

The guy said in his own presser "it takes a half to figure out what they want to do. Then we adjust at the half"

And all that shit is great, punt, punt fumble, then you have "The Magician" Steve Spagnuolo with his next trick, POOF! he makes the lead disappear.

3rd and 18 was a shit call. Period. Led to giving up the score that beats 31 other nfl teams.

Make excuses all you like.

Then when asked in the presser about Palmers second td ( you know, the one from the magic trick where the lead disappeared) he doesn't remember. Can't answer the question.

Lmmfgdao. You should be able to answer questions on the biggest plays in the game.

So going by what he said, we have to hang on through first halves, get our shit together in the second and hope that the game didn't get away from us before half.

It's all right there in his own ****ing words, so **** off, die, and enjoy drinking fire while Satan ****s you in the ass.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:04 PM 11-23-2022
JFC. It's like a 10th grade study hall in here.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:12 PM 11-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
JFC. It's like a 10th grade study hall in here.

[Reply]

Page 250 of 324
« First < 150200240246247248249250 251252253254260300 > Last »
Up