ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 184 of 192
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
BossChief 11:57 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Man if Bort Vooch somehow gives Hill a new contract, signs Brown long term, and keeps at least one of Honey Badger and Ward - he's a golden god.
I’d bet everything that behind closed doors, re-signing Tyrann is probably option 3 or 4 in terms of the safety position the next 5 years.

I’m positive he will go hard to try to sign Marcus Williams. He’s an all pro…and is young enough for the whole contract to be prime years.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:59 PM 01-28-2022
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Reek needs a new contract and we can't keep pushing Mahomes money back to another year.

Veech is a wizard, but I don't see how we keep HB and or pay Brown as the highest paid LT?

We need to win a SB this year and the rest will sort itself out. Crazy that we might have an even better team next year with a solid draft.
Extending Reek saves us close to 15m on the cap next season and the cap is going to explode over the next 4 years with new tv deals snd gambling money kicking in during that time. All deals last offseason and this offseason will be huge bargains in 2-3 years.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:01 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think I may be too invested in offseason moves and the draft. It's from years of pre-Mahomes nonsense.

That said I'd rather lose Ward than any of them. If there's one thing black n veach can do it's find quality DBs

The mock drafts with the Chiefs taking a DB in the first make me irrationally angry
Ward, Sorensen, Clark, Hitchens, HB, DRobb, Baker, Hughes, could or should all be replaced.

Brown and Reek need top-end contracts.

:-) I think this might be Veech's toughest year.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:07 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I’d bet everything that behind closed doors, re-signing Tyrann is probably option 3 or 4 in terms of the safety position the next 5 years.

I’m positive he will go hard to try to sign Marcus Williams. He’s an all pro…and is young enough for the whole contract to be prime years.
https://whodatdish.com/2022/01/12/ma...nding-spots/3/

3. Kansas City Chiefs
Surprisingly, the Chiefs have a lot of cap space despite being a contending team with a lot of money tied up in Patrick Mahomes, Chris Jones, Travis Kelce, and their other star players. They’re set to lose Tyrann Mathieu to free agency this offseason and that’s why they could throw their hat into the Marcus Williams ring.

While there’s a decent chance KC could retain Mathieu, there was some drama between the two this past season, most notably when Mathieu slammed the fan base during the Chiefs’ early-season struggles.

Mathieu turns 30 years old this offseason while Williams is only 25 years of age. If the Chiefs want to turn to a younger option, Williams could make a lot of sense for them and they could certainly afford to bring him to Kansas City. They might not be able to make the highest bid but if Williams wants to stay with a contending team, the Chiefs could be his best bet.

If Williams wants to play for a contender, the Chiefs make a lot of sense for him this offseason, assuming they move on from Mathieu.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:08 AM 01-29-2022
Ward, Sorensen, Clark, Hitchens, HB, DRobb, Baker, Hughes, could or should all be replaced.

Ward: gone

Sorenson: they will probably keep

Hitchens: bye, to quote The Natural "I feel that *Bolton* could fill your position quite nicely."

HB: franchise, hopefully

DRobb: bye

Baker: I know he failed at points but there is something there. Keep.

Hughes: same.

They will bring in DBs for sure to compete. I just hope that Veach doesn't trade up this draft.
[Reply]
Halfcan 12:14 AM 01-29-2022
^ I hope we don't keep Sorensen- but we probably will.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:14 AM 01-29-2022
They're not going to franchise HB. Players hate it and they won't do it to a vet like that. They don't want to be the asshole team like what the "we don't like hostages" Stealers did to Bell.

Ward isn't a shutdown corner. But they have had him traveling for the first time all season - following Claypool and Diggs. So that's what they think of him. He's been damn good and he gets better every year. If we lose him seems like we have to draft a CB in round 1 or 2 who might bust.

Or find a FA that will cost as much as Ward and may not be a good fit. And we almost have to draft DE in round 1. If we can get Ward for Steven Nelson money, seems like we should keep him?
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:21 AM 01-29-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
They're not going to franchise HB. Players hate it and they won't do it to a vet like that. They don't want to be the asshole team like what the "we don't like hostages" Stealers did to Bell.

Ward isn't a shutdown corner. But they have had him traveling for the first time all season - following Claypool and Diggs. So that's what they think of him. He's been damn good and he gets better every year. If we lose him seems like we have to draft a CB in round 1 or 2 who might bust.

Or find a FA that will cost as much as Ward and may not be a good fit. And we almost have to draft DE in round 1. If we can get Ward for Steven Nelson money, seems like we should keep him?

I mean I am just hoping that we could franchise him and it will be all kumbaya. I don't see how else to keep him, he's too old to give the kind of contract he could demand. Even if the Chiefs draft a safety of his caliber in the first (hope not!) it will take years to turn that guy into the Dot that HB is on the defense.

All things aside though, defense doesn't win playoff games anymore. That's some Marty 90s shit and doesn't exist anymore (see Buffalo's #1 defense).

First round needs to be WR I think. I get frisky just imagining Williams from Alabama falling to us.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:49 AM 01-29-2022
We can't go into next season with Mike Danna starting at DE. He's actually a nice depth player. But getting pressure with the front four is the whole key to Spags defense. Mahomes gets a lead, front four can pin their ears back, game over.
[Reply]
tredadda 03:18 AM 01-29-2022

Hitchens: bye, to quote The Natural "I feel that *Bolton* could fill your position quite nicely."

They will bring in DBs for sure to compete. I just hope that Veach doesn't trade up this draft.
Not bad, but

Sorensen- I hope they let walk

Ward- Retain as he's far more valuable that Mathieu

Mathieu- Retain only if they get a team friendly deal

Clark- Bye bye
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:16 AM 01-29-2022

He's going to have the most picks and the most cap room he's ever had.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 04:20 AM 01-29-2022

Ward-probably yeah.
Sorensen-I'll go all Leroy Jenkins if they keep that motherfucker.
Hitchens-yep. Bolton was drafted to take his spot.
HB-nah. Marcus Williams come on down!
Drob-Pringle runs forward.
Baker-has been inconsistent, but that's likely because he's gotten little work. I think there's something there. Keep.
Hughes-at 5'10" he's really just a slot corner and is miscast outside against receivers 6" taller than he is.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:35 AM 01-29-2022
Melvin Ingram needs to be re signed
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:58 AM 01-29-2022
Yeah for sure.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 06:56 AM 01-29-2022
You guys are leaving Brown out of your retaining free agency lists. I think we initially tag Brown to continue working toward a contract. If we were really flush with money, I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown under a tag all year just to look at him a bit more... but he is worth retaining for sure.

Which is why I think HB isn't tagged. No clue if he will stay on or not though.

Would like to keep Ward.. he has improved and is certainly worthy as a #2 CB. He sure helped shut down Diggs.
[Reply]
Page 184 of 192
« First < 84134174180181182183184 185186187188 > Last »
Up