ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 137 of 192
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:52 PM 10-03-2021
Glad we didn’t lock him up to a long term deal already. Been super unimpressed with him today and all season.

Looks like we may be looking for a new LT again this off season.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 12:57 PM 10-03-2021
Maybe. But I think that Niang would be first choice at LT unless there's a LT that they like within reach in the draft. In the area where they usually draft, it's more likely that they find a good RT. But yeah, no reason to extend Brown from what I've seen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:06 PM 10-03-2021
You’re assuming Niang can hold down LT based on what you’ve seen?

I mean, he hasn’t been as bad as Brown, but that’s a pretty low bar at this point.

For the record, I wouldn’t give up on Niang. He’s basically a rookie and learning on the go. He’ll get better.

But Brown is a 4th year player who has made Pro Bowls as a RT and a LT and he looks like absolute dogshit so far.

I sure hope we don’t give this guy one of the largest LT contracts in the NFL.

That would be epically stupid.
[Reply]
Coach 04:53 PM 10-04-2021

Eyes on LT ⚰️https://t.co/Tw9qMq048p pic.twitter.com/alO3Wcl1X6

— Duke Manyweather (@BigDuke50) October 4, 2021

[Reply]
Sofa King 04:55 PM 10-04-2021
Brown has such a weird body type. He looks like a really out of shape dude. Small shoulders, rolls all over, skinnier arms than you would expect. Just a weird looking LT.
[Reply]
TEX 04:58 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:

I mean, he hasn’t been as bad as Brown, but that’s a pretty low bar at this point.

For the record, I wouldn’t give up on Niang. He’s basically a rookie and learning on the go. He’ll get better.

But Brown is a 4th year player who has made Pro Bowls as a RT and a LT and he looks like absolute dogshit so far.

Brown is being asked to do things here that he never had to in Baltimore. I'm not sure he can do them. He can run block much better than he can pass protect.
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:59 PM 10-04-2021
Look what Miles Garett has been doing to other teams this year and tell me Brown sucks.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 05:07 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Look what Miles Garett has been doing to other teams this year and tell me Brown sucks.
^this^ plus it appears Silverback may be done for the year...
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:13 PM 10-04-2021
Glad we didn’t lock him up to a long term deal already. Been super unimpressed with him today and all season.

Looks like we may be looking for a new LT again this off season.
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Maybe. But I think that Niang would be first choice at LT unless there's a LT that they like within reach in the draft. In the area where they usually draft, it's more likely that they find a good RT. But yeah, no reason to extend Brown from what I've seen.
Brown has been invisible (in a good way) for 3 straight games now. He's been good.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:17 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Brown has been invisible (in a good way) for 3 straight games now. He's been good.
This. I have no idea what all the crying is about.
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:27 PM 10-04-2021

We rushed for 200 yards and allowed only 1 sack (not from Brown) Brown and the entire O line were mauling guys yesterday.

Brown is not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:49 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Exactly. He still gets beat a few times each game, but that's simply going to happen. He's been very good overall.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 05:50 PM 10-04-2021

You're going to have to provide some detail here. He's been beat, but, overall, he hasn't been bad at all.
[Reply]
Megatron96 12:40 AM 10-05-2021
Brown's measurables at the Combine or whatever were almost laughable. Then he somehow became an All-Pro RT/LT. Twice even. Which was part of the reason I wasn't on-board with the trade at the beginning. Still not 100% sold. But he's been okay, with occasional flashes into "huh, not bad," to a couple three moments of "hey, that was pretty good."

He might pull this off by the playoffs. He probably won't, but he is making some progress, as far as I can tell.

I think the rest of the OL is going to gel before Brown does though. He really, really has to work on his pass-pro footspeed in the off-season.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:40 AM 10-05-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I saw people say the o line was terrible in Philly. You know in a game where we score 6 TDs on 7 possessions...just complete asinine takes
[Reply]
Page 137 of 192
« First < 3787127133134135136137 138139140141147187 > Last »
Up