ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 133 of 192
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers move Watt to the other side if they feel they can exploit that matchup, though.

Plus Melvin Ingram looked pretty good. Also, possibly having to face Cam Jordan or JPP/Barret or Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl.
And? The Chiefs scored 33 points on only 8 possessions. The tackle play was fine as a whole. 4 points per possession is going to send this team to 16-1 or 17-0....oh and the defense gets 3 solid players to not have a disaster like Sunday was again.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:01 PM 09-14-2021
Probably. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Steelers move Watt to the other side if they feel they can exploit that matchup, though.

Plus Melvin Ingram looked pretty good. Also, possibly having to face Cam Jordan or JPP/Barret or Aaron Donald in the Super Bowl.
I doubt it. He might see him at times, but certainly not the majority. Same with somebody like Cam Jordan.

I’m not the least bit scared of him going against Ingram.

Aaron Donald? I highly doubt Brown would be seeing much of Donald in any potential matchup with the Rams.

JPP is another guy that doesn’t scare me with Brown.

Some of you are talking like Brown was a lot worse than he actually was against a guy that is better than everybody in that list not named Watt.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:08 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
And? The Chiefs scored 33 points on only 8 possessions. The tackle play was fine as a whole. 4 points per possession is going to send this team to 16-1 or 17-0....oh and the defense gets 3 solid players to not have a disaster like Sunday was again.
Didja miss the Super Bowl, bud?
[Reply]
staylor26 01:11 PM 09-14-2021
This OL is clearly better than the SB, and they haven’t even had more than a game together.

The SB has really distorted some of you guy’s perception.

This OL is going to be better than the one we beat the Bucs, Saints, and won the AFCCG game with too.

What happened in the SB is unlikely to ever happen again barring even worse catastrophic injuries.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 01:17 PM 09-14-2021
The problem for me is that our division has good pass rushers and we need the tackles to perform better. Yes Garret most likely the best we face but Bosa and Miller are not cupcakes. Andy almost never commits to the run to slow down the rush so I worry about our QB and let's face it, teams are tired of losing to us and they will go after Mahomes will reckless abandon.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:17 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This OL is clearly better than the SB, and they haven’t even had more than a game together.

This OL is going to be better than the one we beat the Bucs, Saints, and win the AFCCG game with too.

What happened in the SB is unlikely to ever happen again barring even worse catastrophic injuries.
The Super Bowl was scarring, but not the norm.

We’ve had Andrew Wylie, Nick Allegretti, Austin Reiter, Cam Erving, and Martinas Rankins all start at times, but we’ve still at least had a chance at the end in every other game.

The Super Bowl is apparently relevant, but the regular season game against TB isn’t for some reason.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:56 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Before the Super Bowl you and Peej were boasting about how awesome we were and then we got smashed.

The Super Bowl was OD, but we struggled with the Saints pass rush last year as well as the Raiders', and we all saw what Aaron Donald did to us in 2018.

We could run into similar issues with the likes of TJ Watt/Melvin Ingram, Bosa, etc.

Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Super Bowl is apparently relevant, but the regular season game against TB isn’t for some reason.
It's all relevant. With more time, I'm positive Pat could shred the Bucs' defense. But there was a pretty shitty trend there. After we jumped out to a 17-0 lead on them when they inexplicably thought Carlton Davis would be able to cover Tyreek 1-on-1, they've outscored us 55-19.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:03 PM 09-14-2021
Before the Super Bowl you and Peej were boasting about how awesome we were and then we got smashed.
Everyone (I mean everyone) underestimated the impact of Fisher's absence.

We took it as just another hit to an OL that had been taking hits all season. So we saw it as another incremental decline on the line.

Turns out it was that Jenga piece that brought the whole tower down. It was the proverbial straw that broke the back.

There were some people that underestimated TB to be sure. But even the folks that thought TB could win it, didn't see that coming. That line turned out very probably the worst performance in SB history. It may have been as bad as any performance in post-season history. It was a disaster.

I'm a fan of Fisher but I'd have never expected his loss ot have that kind of impact. It was cumulative and ultimately no, it's NOT terribly relevant to this season unless/until we lose 5+ starting offensive linemen again. In which case we're fucked again.

There are lessons to take from that game but it isn't "if we don't have a premier player at every position on the OL, the Bucs are gonna push our shit in..."
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:13 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Everyone (I mean everyone) underestimated the impact of Fisher's absence.

We took it as just another hit to an OL that had been taking hits all season. So we saw it as another incremental decline on the line.

Turns out it was that Jenga piece that brought the whole tower down. It was the proverbial straw that broke the back.

There were some people that underestimated TB to be sure. But even the folks that thought TB could win it, didn't see that coming. That line turned out very probably the worst performance in SB history. It may have been as bad as any performance in post-season history. It was a disaster.

I'm a fan of Fisher but I'd have never expected his loss ot have that kind of impact. It was cumulative and ultimately no, it's NOT terribly relevant to this season unless/until we lose 5+ starting offensive linemen again. In which case we're fucked again.

There are lessons to take from that game but it isn't "if we don't have a premier player at every position on the OL, the Bucs are gonna push our shit in..."
I think the part that most (if not all) of us underestimated was the ripple effect from losing Fisher. We were already just okay at C with Reiter. We were probably below average at LG with Allegretti.

Losing Fisher meant we got significantly worse at 3 OL spots.

LT: Fisher was well above average. Remmers is terrible at LT.
RT: Remmers was very capable. Wylie was horrible at RT.
RG: Wylie was average. Wiz was absolutely done by the Super Bowl (hence why he’s a preacher now).

That 1 additional injury was really like 3 losses in 1.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:21 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think anyone is claiming that. I'm certainly not.

Also, all the talk of their pass rush vs. our OL aside, we had absolutely no answer for their offense that night either. They could have dropped 50 on us if they wanted/needed to.

I don't think we changed enough to bank on a better performance this season either.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:28 PM 09-14-2021
OL was a big part of it but Andy’s son was the driving force IMO. When your leader is visibly ****ed up with trauma from something like that it affects everyone.

Tyreek, Kelce and the entire team minus Mahomes were not themselves and it showed.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:30 PM 09-14-2021
Did you see Sunday and the previous 3 years other than that game?
[Reply]
MIAdragon 02:30 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
OL was a big part of it but Andy’s son was the driving force IMO. When your leader is visibly ****ed up with trauma from something like that it affects everyone.

Tyreek, Kelce and the entire team minus Mahomes were not themselves and it showed.

Not buying that at all, had it been Andy, it was simply bad execution not a distraction.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:32 PM 09-14-2021
I don't think anyone is claiming that. I'm certainly not.

Also, all the talk of their pass rush vs. our OL aside, we had absolutely no answer for their offense that night either. They could have dropped 50 on us if they wanted/needed to.

I don't think we changed enough to bank on a better performance this season either.
Each team packed the others shit in in a game. They aren't some team to be frightened of with this roster.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:50 PM 09-14-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Mahomes looked exhausted. Not really sure why, but it's the only time I've thought his energy level really waned.

It's hard to win consecutive SBs. It's hard to go to 3 consecutive conference championship games. I even worry that we'll see it again this season with 17 games and another post-season run.

The fatigue has to set in, especially when you carry the weight of a franchise, city and in many ways entire league on your shoulders the way Mahomes does.
[Reply]
Page 133 of 192
« First < 3383123129130131132133 134135136137143183 > Last »
Up