ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 295
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:54 PM 10-18-2020
Clyde is fine. He finds daylight well but the interior OL is not good. Not on him.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:56 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by chop:
Tony Gonzalez said that CEH is not a 3 down back and that he is more like Sproles, is he right?
CEH has come out on a ton of third downs, so yes. That’s somewhat correct at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:00 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by BossChief:
CEH has come out on a ton of third downs, so yes. That’s somewhat correct at this point.
No, it’s really not.

TG is saying that CEH isn’t a 1st/2nd down RB. He is. He’s coming out on 3rd down because his pass blocking isn’t up to par yet.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:02 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Clyde is fine. He finds daylight well but the interior OL is not good. Not on him.
^
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 08:08 PM 10-18-2020
I always felt like having 2 legit backs was important that way no one is worn completely down by January. Damien Williams’ freshness has played a critical role in the last two playoff runs.

My guess is Clyde really blows up like Damien does in those games.
[Reply]
chop 08:26 PM 10-18-2020
If you could do the draft again, do you take Swift or Taylor or do you think CEH will be the best back?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:29 PM 10-18-2020
CEH 1Rb Bell 2RB and really I think Darrel Williams is the perfect 3rd RB he wont get many carries but is powerful enough to come in get you that yard you need
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:32 PM 10-18-2020
If you could do the draft again, do you take Swift or Taylor or do you think CEH will be the best back?
I'd still take CEH. His upside is there to see, especially in the Chiefs offense. IF we were a run-centric team I might choose differently.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:53 PM 10-18-2020
No way do you take Taylor. The dude's wheels could fall off at any time.

He had 1000 touches in college.

Wisconsin RB's have their issues at the next level. Taylor had more carries in college than all of them.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 PM 10-18-2020
I liked Swift more than CEH, but I also thought CEH was easily the best fit for this offense in the draft and said as much on here before draft day. Since Reid/Veach took him, I’m going to trust their decision for now.

As for Taylor, he simply isn’t a fit.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:14 PM 10-18-2020
I really like the CEH signing. I think it shows faith in our organization but, he is a rookie and it is not going to happen over night. The Bell signing shows the need for a veteran presence. If Bell is 100% into this then the rookie can learn from a seasoned vet. It is a matter of time and fingers crossed.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:25 PM 10-18-2020
Jury is still out on Clyde...he really hasn't matched his stellar debut performance. He's been serviceable...with some good moments.

IMO, he should be getting more 4-6 yard gains against 3 and 4 man fronts. He didn't get a preseason and is a rookie...so we'll see.

Bell is regarded as one the best pass catching RBs in NFL history...you dont lose that ability in one year. His vision is elite...

The current trend in defensing KC...is to drop everyone into coverage. This is happening due to CEH's ineffectiveness. Teams are daring the Chiefs to run on them...Bell, in theory, is the perfect antidote vs. 3 and 4 man fronts.

If he is even 75% of what he was with the Steelers...KC will be unstoppable.

It looked like they were going to be after the Texans game...disappointed it appeared to be an anomoly...for now.

Bell should be RB1...and Clyde RB2. Le'Veon is multi-year all pro player. Watch and learn...like Mahomes in year one.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:40 PM 10-18-2020
Still waiting for CEH to get involved in the passing game. If Bell is there pass protecting I think you'll see it a lot more. At least I hope
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:54 PM 10-18-2020
Maybe it's just me, but as I watch highlights of kareem hunt, CEH, and bell something interesting popped out at me. I don't know if it's just in the highlights or if there's something there.

CEHs first instinct seems to be to immediately attack the middle. Kareem and leveon seem to like attacking the edges. I was actually surprised as I would have thought of kareem as more of a north south runner. Is CEH basically running into the teeth of our biggest weakness? Should he be running outside more or is he just better suited for inside running?
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:59 PM 10-18-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I liked Swift more than CEH, but I also thought CEH was easily the best fit for this offense in the draft and said as much on here before draft day. Since Reid/Veach took him, I’m going to trust their decision for now.

As for Taylor, he simply isn’t a fit.
I agree that CEH was the best RB for our offense, but as I was watching highlights today, I had a thought that maybe if we had drafted a bigger, faster running back, that didn't necessarily fit our offense, our offense would actually be better than it is now.

Maybe if we had a bigger back that could power through the weak holes that our O-line only seems capable of creating, and who could run over the second level of the defense, then those defenses couldn't afford to drop back 7-8 people into coverage.

I feel like CEH has not lived up to the expectations, especially after his week one performance, and it's really not his fault, as the O-line and play calling hasn't really allowed him big opportunities for success. But, I believe he will improve, and eventually our O-line will get better as well. But, right now, maybe a faster running back with a bigger body and more of a bruising style would be helping our offense more.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Page 128 of 295
« First < 2878118124125126127128 129130131132138178228 > Last »
Up