ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Drue Tranquill to Chiefs
RunKC 02:20 PM 03-17-2023

Sources: 1 year, up to $5M for Drue Tranquill to the #Chiefs, who I’m told chose Kansas City over five other suitors. https://t.co/NjlxDZVhlk

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) March 17, 2023

[Reply]
staylor26 12:46 AM 03-18-2023

Ex-Chargers LB Drue Tranquill reminds me of Lofa Tatupu. Does everything well, and I do mean everything. Someone's probably going to get a stupid bargain in free agency with him. pic.twitter.com/Os24MbIHsn

— Doug Farrar ✍ (@NFL_DougFarrar) March 11, 2023

[Reply]
BossChief 01:01 AM 03-18-2023
I hope Gay didn’t get into more trouble…
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:01 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I hope Gay didn’t get into more trouble…
And if he did we good. Tranquil is a SOLID player
[Reply]
JPH83 02:08 AM 03-18-2023
So apparently he's not great against the run, that's the knock. Given he can cover and that's the missing piece in the LB room that sounds fine. Keep him as a coverage LB and in for obvious passing downs.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:32 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Looking like we might be players to trade up in the draft for a MONSTER or 2.

No way 10 rookies make this roster.

Maybe 5-6
Yes, trading up in the second round for a RT. This is after we draft our EDGE in the first. Just my guess.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:38 AM 03-18-2023
Veach definately got the championship discount on this one. Kid is ring chasing for a year and clearly is pretty pissed at the Chargers, like Orlando was with us. Pretty fascinating.
[Reply]
TEX 02:43 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
Veach definately got the championship discount on this one. Kid is ring chasing for a year and clearly is pretty pissed at the Chargers, like Orlando was with us. Pretty fascinating.
Yep. Orlando had no reason to be pissed off at us. This kid does havev a reason to be pissed off at the Chargers.
[Reply]
kccrow 06:00 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
How did I completely fucking miss this yesterday... Odd.

Why would Kent say it and then call it a joke? Leo was a good pass rusher as a Senior at Wisconsin.

About the only thing Chenal is missing as a potentially dominant edge in the NFL is arm length. Carl Lawson and Melvin Ingram have done okay with the same-length arms. He has the size to hold up and he definitely has the strength and athleticism. I think moving him down on occasion would be worth trying out.
[Reply]
Danguardace 06:09 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
How did I completely ****ing miss this yesterday... Odd.

Why would Kent say it and then call it a joke? Leo was a good pass rusher as a Senior at Wisconsin.

About the only thing Chenal is missing as a potentially dominant edge in the NFL is arm length. Carl Lawson and Melvin Ingram have done okay with the same-length arms. He has the size to hold up and he definitely has the strength and athleticism. I think moving him down on occasion would be worth trying out.
Some people on here got pissy when it came up after the draft but his college highlights and scouting profile were very similar to Micah Parsons. I can only think this is something they might explore
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 06:45 AM 03-18-2023
Some people on here got pissy when it came up after the draft but his college highlights and scouting profile were very similar to Micah Parsons. I can only think this is something they might explore
I don’t really see why they wouldn’t at this point. You have too many talented bodies at LB now to let guys sit. Chenal has the build to be a 3rd down edge rusher.

Will be very interesting to see how they approach this.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:15 AM 03-18-2023

I was calling for him to get more looks from the edge last year, he was second to Parsons that draft year as an edge rushing LB. The closer he is to the line the better he plays imo, would not be surprised if he's rotated in more.
[Reply]
JPH83 07:16 AM 03-18-2023
Sorry i missed this before saying the same, what you said!
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:51 AM 03-18-2023

Thr knock that came up is he lacks bend, in addition to arm length.

By the way, here's an awesome article on the art of pass rush that highlights Derrick Thomas as the originator of the "ghost move" that Von Miller is known for, and video of how Schwartz would counter it on Miller. Thomas had crazy bend.

Originally Posted by :
“Derrick Thomas is the greatest speed rusher of all-time. He laid the foundation for the ghost technique becoming what it is today and once told me to ‘fall off the corner’ when rushing around the edge,” Smith told me. Smith said that Thomas and fellow Hall of Famer Charles Haley would “drop their inside shoulders and be near waist-level of offensive linemen around the corner.”
https://trenchwarfare.substack.com/p...rigin-story-of
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:44 AM 03-18-2023
The genius of Veach struck again! :-):-)
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:47 AM 03-18-2023
Originally Posted by Christian & Barry:
I think this signing means that Gay is getting traded to either move up in the draft or get Hopkins. Love Willie, but I believe next year is his last year on rookie deal and Veach wanted to capitalize. I hope the Edwards signing doesn’t mean the same thing in regards to Sneed.
Stop posting for a while and lurk more
[Reply]
Page 15 of 31
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up