Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:05 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
ben was the 1st student of Luke’s school. Grogu couldn’t have chosen the light saber. It would go against the Star Wars timeline and canon.

I think Grogu gets the black saber and does something not in canon. Maybe start a new Mandalorian society on a different planet. Maybe starts a Jedi order where you can have attachments and not go to the dark side? Who knows?

And can’t Grogu change his mind in 50 years? It wasn’t a one time offer. That wouldn’t change the established timeline either.
Luke's dead in 50 years. I mean who else would there be? And the impression I got was that in 50 years he would be too old/experienced to be a padawan anymore.

So it struck me as a 'here's where your paths diverge' sort of moment. He's a Jedi or he's a Mandalorian.

I do kinda feel like they're setting it up for Boba to end up with the dark saber and yeah, that would be pretty lame.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:42 AM 02-15-2022
I just finished the Book of Boba Fett, Staring the Mandalorian.

Pretty cool, i really enjoyed the final two episodes. The shift to the Mandalorian and Grogu really sucked the air out of the Boba Fett character. They just straight up abandoned the Boba Fett storyline for an episode and a half. Kind of a wtf moment that im still not sure what to think of.
[Reply]
notorious 10:52 AM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I just finished the Book of Boba Fett, Staring the Mandalorian.

Pretty cool, i really enjoyed the final two episodes. The shift to the Mandalorian and Grogu really sucked the air out of the Boba Fett character. They just straight up abandoned the Boba Fett storyline for an episode and a half. Kind of a wtf moment that im still not sure what to think of.
Be thankful.

Fett story line was a disappointment.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:12 AM 02-15-2022
Oh look - Boba is in a moral quandry, is sad about his fallen sand raider friends and now he's getting his ass kicked and getting stuffed into a bacta tank.

Rinse, repeat.

The Fett storyline was so bad.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:50 AM 02-15-2022
Also....what the fuck happened to Fett at the end? Just forgot about the Rancor he was all in love with and was currently destroying the city?
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:44 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Oh look - Boba is in a moral quandry, is sad about his fallen sand raider friends and now he's getting his ass kicked and getting stuffed into a bacta tank.

Rinse, repeat.

The Fett storyline was so bad.
I think that’s a little harsh. Perhaps my standards are somewhat lower for an entertaining watch. It’s hard for me to sit here and say this was a bad Fett watch or somehow he’s damaged his legacy of a character.

IT wasn’t the greatest television, but I did really enjoy his journey from an angry loaner to a community minded leader of men. That is a pretty goddamned lofty goal and especially for the sand people not speaking really worked for me. And it’s not like they left it alone in the final battle, he had real stakes at the end. In and of itself is a fairly compelling storyline. Everybody gets distracted by the shiny Mando because we all want more Mando, but that doesn’t mean the Fett storyline was without merit. Did they miss on some stuff? Sure. Was it “so bad”? I don’t think so.

And candidly, I’ll take a nuanced, complex hero’s journey that misses the mark over Mando just continuing to be a religious zealot if that’s the course they go on.

I recognize that some of it is me just hating EVERYTHING that is misguided fanaticism (religious, political, racial, whatever else - the fuck out of my face with all your shit), but if he goes on his family arc with Grogu and the armorer is a cunt to him and he just ends up STAYING a religious zealot, that will be the much more disappointing conclusion to a storyline than Fetts. Even though I like the Mando character more.

I dunno. I may also be an easily entertained simpleton. :-)

JMO
[Reply]
Bowser 08:33 PM 02-15-2022
If you didn't let out a "hell yeah" when you saw Boba and Mando take to the skies simultaneously and start mowing fish heads down, just let me know and I'll ban you forever and a day lol.

Madrogu has way WAY more juice than Boba's House of Dastardly Villains Gone Good, but it was still worth it. Plenty of fan service throughout the show, even if Boba was nerfed for 90% of it, but still a great look at what Star Wars STILL could be. I feel good about the product moving forward. Give me my Obi-Wan show.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:18 PM 02-15-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
If you didn't let out a "hell yeah" when you saw Boba and Mando take to the skies simultaneously and start mowing fish heads down, just let me know and I'll ban you forever and a day lol.
The hell yeah moment was Boba riding the Rancor.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 10:13 PM 02-15-2022
Luke's dead in 50 years. I mean who else would there be? And the impression I got was that in 50 years he would be too old/experienced to be a padawan anymore.

So it struck me as a 'here's where your paths diverge' sort of moment. He's a Jedi or he's a Mandalorian.

I do kinda feel like they're setting it up for Boba to end up with the dark saber and yeah, that would be pretty lame.
Ezra & Ahsoka
[Reply]
Bowser 10:18 PM 02-15-2022
Yeah, ok.

Good job, one-upper.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:40 PM 02-15-2022

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Ezra & Ahsoka
Remember that Asoka said Grogu has already had years of training with many Masters at the Jedi temple.

Luke unlocked the memories and Grogu will remember more of that training as season 3 goes along.
[Reply]
Graystoke 10:47 AM 02-16-2022
Yeah, I came unglued when that scene hit. I was telling my wife how cool it was and she was like meh, whatever.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:02 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Yeah, I came unglued when that scene hit. I was telling my wife how cool it was and she was like meh, whatever.
Lol, same.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:06 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Lol, same.
And then straight up forgot about him when he ran off. The fuck, Boba?
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:09 AM 02-16-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
And then straight up forgot about him when he ran off. The fuck, Boba?
Yeah that was odd. At the time my brain rationalized it as, "meh, maybe it's a long walk...."
[Reply]
Page 23 of 24
« First < 131920212223 24 >
Up