Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Media Center>Star Wars: The Book of Boba Fett
Hammock Parties 10:26 AM 11-12-2021
Yeah, it gets it's own thread. Blow me.

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 AM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
People don't like how Boba was handled in the series.

I think the low score has to do with the fan base expecting an appearance of "someone" from the past for fan service. Speculation/insider reports that Hans was going to show up and drop off Kylo to become the first student in Luke's school. He gives a Millennium falcon ride of Grogu to Mando.

We are spoiled now. Want more fan service.
Would you stop calling him Hans?
[Reply]
DJJasonp 10:39 AM 02-10-2022
I think folks are being way too nit-picky with this.

For god's sake, it's way better than Ep 1-3, and 7-9.......it's ok to allow yourself to enjoy it.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:11 AM 02-10-2022
Still can't believe how fucking awesome that was.

I was totally expecting him to go get Slave I. And then he comes in
Spoiler!

[Reply]
keg in kc 11:55 AM 02-10-2022
People don't like how Boba was handled in the series.

I think the low score has to do with the fan base expecting an appearance of "someone" from the past for fan service. Speculation/insider reports that Hans was going to show up and drop off Kylo to become the first student in Luke's school. He gives a Millennium falcon ride of Grogu to Mando.

We are spoiled now. Want more fan service.
that's fandom in the internet echo chamber. People spend so much time speculating what things will be or what they think they should be, and they can't watch anything for what it is. It's hard to successfully subvert expectations in an environment where anything different from expectations is automaticallylabeled "bad".
[Reply]
DJJasonp 12:09 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
that's fandom in the internet echo chamber. People spend so much time speculating what things will be or what they think they should be, and they can't watch anything for what it is. It's hard to successfully subvert expectations in an environment where anything different from expectations is automaticallylabeled "bad".
totally agree. I had a roommate back in the day that I could never figure out. He was always trying to get illegal streams of dailies from upcoming big movies, and always wanted cheat codes for video games so he could breeze through them without any challenge.

Never have understood that - cant see how those kind of people actually enjoy or experience anything in a pure sense.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:08 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I saw the first screening of the last hope in the area. When they panned over and showed the millennial falcon the audience went nuts. These were obviously serious Star Wars fans. It was a surprise. They didn’t just cheer and clap, there were people crying.

They kept Baby Yoda a secret until the reveal. Didn’t even get a name till season 2.

Most were surprised when Luke showed up in his prime to kick ass. Now, I don’t think that’s possible anymore.
[Reply]
unlurking 02:08 PM 02-10-2022
To be honest, I liked Fennec Shand more than Boba Fett. Morrison just felt flat. I couldn't tell if he was trying be stoic or just stupid. He was great with his helmet on, but with it off he just can't act :-). I enjoyed the story line, despite the stupid scooter gang thing, but meh, figure that appealed to kids. Overall, fun show that got better at the end. Not sure I'd be interested in a second season though.

The thing I'm disappointed by is the death of Cad Bane. IMO, he was the home run of the show. He was a perfect transfer from cartoon to live action. Feels like he was wasted on this show. I really hope he survives for appearance elsewhere. It's an absolute shame we didn't get a flying duel between Bane and Fett and Mando. That was a huge missed opportunity, especially after how well they did the earlier Mando/Fett flying scenes.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:14 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by unlurking:

The thing I'm disappointed by is the death of Cad Bane. IMO, he was the home run of the show. He was a perfect transfer from cartoon to live action. Feels like he was wasted on this show. I really hope he survives for appearance elsewhere. It's an absolute shame we didn't get a flying duel between Bane and Fett and Mando. That was a huge missed opportunity, especially after how well they did the earlier Mando/Fett flying scenes.
no way he is dead dead. The blinking light has to be a signal that he needs to be rescued.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:49 PM 02-10-2022
When they panned over and showed the millennial falcon the audience went nuts.
IT'S THE MILLENNIUM FALCON.

HAN SOLO.

MILLENNIUM FALCON.

GET. IT. RIGHT.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:55 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

HAN SOLO.

MILLENNIUM FALCON.

GET. IT. RIGHT.

[Reply]
Fish 04:35 PM 02-10-2022
One thing didn't make much sense though..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:46 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

HAN SOLO.

MILLENNIUM FALCON.

GET. IT. RIGHT.
You should know by now I rarely fix typos, spelling or grammar.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:49 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
One thing didn't make much sense though..

Spoiler!
Someone has to die on Boba’s side. We dont know the biker gang wouldn’t matter.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:51 PM 02-10-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
That’s hilarious. Well done sir. :-)
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:36 PM 02-10-2022
Yoda's lightsaber plot hole reveals a bigger Star Wars problem

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Page 20 of 24
« First < 101617181920 21222324 >
Up