Nzoner's Game Room>Is CEH a JAG?
lewdog 06:47 AM 09-20-2021
Is Clyde just another guy?

I’m writing a dissertation on this.

Thanks.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:04 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’ll bet if we do draft a RB next year it’s going to be in the smaller speedback variety over the big bulky workhorse back.

And all of the RUNTEHBALL weirdos are going to be pissed
I've always loved big backs, but they're not a great fit for Reid... gimme an Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders type dude and I'll be ecstatic
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:24 PM 12-23-2021
Also not sure why you're focusing on 2017 as that's all but irrelevant to what the discussion would be nowadays. Kareem Hunts workload in 2018 was as follows.

That's a pretty steady workload with one sort of outlier being the 10, which was against the Patriots. That's understandable since we were down 24-9 at half and we're playing catch up most of the game.
[Reply]
TEX 05:44 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I've always loved big backs, but they're not a great fit for Reid... gimme an Aaron Jones, Miles Sanders type dude and I'll be ecstatic
Or a Jonathan Taylor type...:-)
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 06:04 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Popular but false narrative. Andy's had some nice power RB's from Duce Staley to Ronnie Brown. Hell if CEH was 5 inches and maybe 20 pounds heavier he would be a power RB
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:12 PM 12-23-2021
This game is the chance for CEH to step up… the Chiefs short handed on offense facing a Pittsburgh team that struggles vs the run.

It’s now or never time for CEH.
[Reply]
Direckshun 09:12 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Swift is the guy most everybody wanted but now in hindsight, we have this.
In the interest of full disclosure, I didn’t want any RB.

I wanted Cesar Ruiz, who the Saints took a couple picks before us. After that I wanted onenof the top available DEs.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:15 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This game is the chance for CEH to step up… the Chiefs short handed on offense facing a Pittsburgh team that struggles vs the run.

It’s now or never time for CEH.
I agree. I think he could have a nice game.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:36 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
In the interest of full disclosure, I didn’t want any RB.

I wanted Cesar Ruiz, who the Saints took a couple picks before us. After that I wanted onenof the top available DEs.
That's fair.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:00 PM 12-23-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Or a Jonathan Taylor type...:-)
Can't undo the past, its a pointless discussion that goes nowhere

Lets focus on what CAN be done
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:19 AM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yep.

Reid compared CEH to Darren Sproles. Think about that for a minute outside of Sproles' talent.

What was his role his ENTIRE career?

This team is never going to run the ball the way these people want. It's not going to happen.
I just want to not line up in the shotgun on 4th and inches at the goal line.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:32 AM 12-24-2021
I'm not convinced that Clyde is JAG.

I am convinced that we're not really utilizing him in the way that would best suit his skill set.

Last week his usage in the pass pattern went up quite a bit, and that is a step in the right direction. Remember, he was supposed to be a Brian Westbrook, but better (Reid's own words). So-a plus receiver out of the backfield with a full route tree.

HE was supposed to be that component that would kill the two deep zones.

The injury situation is a part of it, and Pat preferring to wait on the downfield routes is a part of it, and weird bad luck is a part of it but also, playcalling is a bit of it too.

Let's see what happens here going forward. If his usage in the passing game ticks up the rest of the season and play-offs we might see a super useful player. If not, yeah, let's draft another guy in the mid rounds to start improving the positional output.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:39 AM 12-24-2021
Also the fumbles after the Ravens and Chargers games. It definitely affected him mentally because he holds the ball different when he runs now and it makes him even a tick slower than he usually is.
[Reply]
Reroka 08:41 AM 12-24-2021
I think Williams is better but that is just my opinon.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:55 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I just want to not line up in the shotgun on 4th and inches at the goal line.
Sorry but as long as Mahomes is here, you're going to see shotgun inside the 5. It's part of their DNA.
[Reply]
TEX 02:38 PM 12-24-2021
Originally Posted by Reroka:
I think Williams is better but that is just my opinon.
Maybe so. The offense seems to better with Williams. Don't have any evidence to back up that feeling. It just looks like it. Maybe its due to Williams being better in the passing game.
[Reply]
Page 60 of 80
« First < 10505657585960 6162636470 > Last »
Up