ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 63 of 335
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Media Center>Game of Thrones Thread
BigRedChief 08:29 PM 01-08-2015
Feel free to discuss any future speculation, theories. Anything from the books is fair game to post. Everything that has been broadcast on TV or from HBO. No spoilers needed.

1. If you watched or know the events that will take place in a unaired episode that has not been broadcast on HBO, you must put all the information and comments in a spoiler tag.
  2. Do not post any media of any kind involving actual content from unaired episodes without being in a spoiler. The only exception to the spoiler rule is content publicly posted from HBO and or the GOT actor themselves. Teasers, promos, trailers etc.

Any person unable to follow the spoiler rules will be banned from this thread. 14 days for first offense. Perm banned from the thread for a 2nd offense.

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:06 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Bowser:
It absolutely has. On one hand, it's strange/disconcerting to watch some of these storylines unfold because they're just completely not in line with the books at all. On the other hand, it's cool to watch because now I have two stories going with these characters I've become addicted to. Adds more variety, if you will. But you have to work at separating how you feel about the books and how you feel about the show. So far I've done ok in that regard.

I know your time is condensed and the books are encyclopedian in size, but if you ever find a way to either read these books or listen via Audible/CD, do it. Fantastic storytelling that just absolutely sucks you in.
Probably when I'm in 70's. Seriously. :-)

The only two books I've read in the past eight years are Duff McKagan's It's So Easy (And Other Lies) and Sammy Hagar's Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock.

I started to read Keith Richard's Life but I got bored because I couldn't visualize his early childhood because I've (unfortunately) never been to London. One of these days, I'll finish it. Probably after I've caught up on all new Amazon and Netflix TV series I haven't seen.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:14 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Probably when I'm in 70's. Seriously. :-)

The only two books I've read in the past eight years are Duff McKagan's It's So Easy (And Other Lies) and Sammy Hagar's Red: My Uncensored Life In Rock.

I started to read Keith Richard's Life but I got bored because I couldn't visualize his early childhood because I've (unfortunately) never been to London. One of these days, I'll finish it. Probably after I've caught up on all new Amazon and Netflix TV series I haven't seen.
What, you can't go on 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night? :-)

And Red was an easy, great read. Sammy Hagar is pretty much a badass.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 06:50 PM 07-03-2015
What, you can't go on 2 or 3 hours of sleep a night? :-)

And Red was an easy, great read. Sammy Hagar is pretty much a badass.
Sammy is awesome. To be honest, I wasn't really a fan of his work in Van Halen and like him much better as a solo artist. But who knew about his journey?

Born poor, on welfare while signed to Capitol Records?! Essentially creates the whole mountain biking shop/phenomena, then creates a fire alarm company that is/was the second largest of its kind in the whole world?

Joins Van Halen, delivers #1 records, then turns Cabo San Lucas from a small, sleepy fishing village to a prime vacation spot AND creates a tequila company, sells it for $80 million while retaining 20% ownership?

And to top that, every one that I know that's met or done business with him says he's the coolest guy ever (unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure).

Coolest guy maybe ever. :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 08:24 PM 07-03-2015
Sammy is awesome. To be honest, I wasn't really a fan of his work in Van Halen and like him much better as a solo artist. But who knew about his journey?

Born poor, on welfare while signed to Capitol Records?! Essentially creates the whole mountain biking shop/phenomena, then creates a fire alarm company that is/was the second largest of its kind in the whole world?

Joins Van Halen, delivers #1 records, then turns Cabo San Lucas from a small, sleepy fishing village to a prime vacation spot AND creates a tequila company, sells it for $80 million while retaining 20% ownership?

And to top that, every one that I know that's met or done business with him says he's the coolest guy ever (unfortunately, I've never had the pleasure).

Coolest guy maybe ever. :-)
One of the shops that i work closely with built him a custom '67 Mustang. They debuted it along with a car we built and both were showcased in the same booth at SEMA.

Fun Fact: Sammy's '67 is the FIRST ever reproduction '67 Mustang ever made. As in, his car isn't actually from 1967. It's a completely new car from a body that rolled off the assembly line in...i wanna say around '07.

Our shop built the 2nd.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:37 PM 07-03-2015
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
One of the shops that i work closely with built him a custom '67 Mustang. They debuted it along with a car we built and both were showcased in the same booth at SEMA.

Fun Fact: Sammy's '67 is the FIRST ever reproduction '67 Mustang ever made. As in, his car isn't actually from 1967. It's a completely new car from a body that rolled off the assembly line in...i wanna say around '07.

Our shop built the 2nd.
Cool! Was he perceived as a cool guy?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:17 AM 07-04-2015
So, Zombies. Really?

I find Zombies about as exciting as diarrhea.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:20 AM 07-04-2015
I think that if I was a huge fan of the novels, I'd be pissed at what's happening with the TV series because it's my understanding that's been veering away from the books quite a bit in recent seasons and moving forward, it will take a narrative of its own.
With all due respect, I doubt you would have made it through Season 5 if they opted to faithfully adapt Book 4.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:36 AM 07-04-2015
I can't see it going past Season 7 unless Benioff and Weiss just take over the storylines. I can't see GRRRRR Martin getting enough subject matter out there for the show to continue on (not that they've really needed it in all cases this season, but you get what I'm saying).
We'll have an entire new book by this time next year. Which may not have any bearing on the show, unfortunately.

Then again I'd be a little surprised if they don't have access to some kind of ARC.
[Reply]
vailpass 05:02 PM 07-04-2015
Originally Posted by Hawk:
Keep watching, the last three episodes were all pretty good, with episode 8 being my favorite.
Agreed and I've read the books. To Dane's point though, this season would have been equally as interesting if they only screened the last 3 eps we'd have been no worse off...
[Reply]
RustShack 04:15 PM 07-05-2015
I just read about Wylla on Wiki, and yeah it just re enforces that she's not Jons mother.
[Reply]
BigRichard 04:56 PM 07-05-2015
So, Zombies. Really?

I find Zombies about as exciting as diarrhea.
Ummm... since the very first episode there have been "zombies" in the show. They have all been the talk of what Jon has been trying to save the realm from, the White Walkers. Which have "zombies" as their army. This has been shown many times. WTF?
[Reply]
Swanman 08:29 AM 07-06-2015
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
Ummm... since the very first episode there have been "zombies" in the show. They have all been the talk of what Jon has been trying to save the realm from, the White Walkers. Which have "zombies" as their army. This has been shown many times. WTF?
And they are not your garden variety zombies. There are your typical undead unthinking brutes but there is also a command structure so it's like fighting a huge army that doesn't die (unless you burn them or use dragonglass/valyrian steel) and can convert your dead into their ranks. To simply call them zombies is missing the point.
[Reply]
ModSocks 09:45 AM 07-06-2015
Cool! Was he perceived as a cool guy?
Yeah, I never met him, but everyone involved with him spoke glowingly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 07-08-2015

So it looks like no Kit Harrington, GRR Martin or Dan/Dave at Comic Con. Like he says in the video....it's pretty much always been a given that if they kill you off on the show...you're at the next Comic Con as kind of a "farewell" to talk about your death and how awesome the show is. Melisandre will be there....but she's supposed to be working on a movie with Kit this summer.

Basically it looks like they don't want to accidentally release any info about how Jon is coming back or what he's coming back as.
[Reply]
keg in kc 11:14 AM 07-08-2015
Have you guys seen anything on his eyes supposedly changing color just before the fade to black?
[Reply]
Page 63 of 335
« First < 13535960616263 6465666773113163 > Last »
Up