ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Media Center>Road House (2024)
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:07 AM 05-02-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
If yall want to see Gyllenhaal at his best, watch "Nightcrawler". Amazing movie.
Nightcrawler didn't resonate with me for some reason. Probably worth a rewatch. Maybe I had a bad tunafish sandwich that day or something...

My JG faves gotta include Zodiac and October Sky. Gotta be in a very specific mood for Donnie Darko, but it's a good one. And yup, it's gay as hell, but Brokeback Mountain is pretty fucking great. Does Spider-Man Far From Home count as a Jake G movie? I need to watch Source Code, I hear it's good.

Admission... it's total cheese, but I just can't help it, whenever I catch Day After Tomorrow on, I have to watch. It's crap, but I love it.

Watched Road House tonight. Not good, but I watched until the bitter end, so I guess that's something. Terrific sequences here and there, couple of laughs, but meh, I'm old and the original is the one for me. While ridiculous in its own right, it actually had competent actors; Swayze, Sam Elliott, Ben Gazzara, Kelly Lynch, Kevin Tighe, and of course, Terry Funk and John Doe. The clowns they got to surround JG were AWFUL. It was like a very high production value camera test. I kept waiting for them to look down to make sure they had hit their mark. Remake just wasn't satisfying, if that makes sense.
[Reply]
Up