ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 378
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022-2023 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:02 PM 10-18-2022
Can't believe the regular season starts tonight. Just seemed like the Finals ended a couple weeks ago.

Philly vs Celtics: 6:30PM CST TNT

GSW vs Lakers: 9:00PM CST TNT
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:47 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am surprised it isn't at least 1 game but I didn't think it would be more than that. Jokic got suspended 1 game for that brutal behind the back hit on Morris that pretty much ended his season.
Warriors certainly petitioned hard for no suspension (if they lose game 3, the series is effectively over), so the NBA is just doing them a solid once again. Nothing unusual there. They already did it earlier this year after Draymond punched Poole (a previous similar incident involving Portis and Mirotic on the Bulls drew Portis an 8 game suspension from the league).

Does anybody still wonder why I call this organization a disgrace?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:52 PM 04-18-2023
Wow.

I think it was Kent Babb that once said "I'm more surprised by this than I'd have been if I ordered a hamburger and someone brought me a new suit..."

WTF? How can that not draw a suspension?

Unbelievable.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:55 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
WTF? How can that not draw a suspension?
Because the Warriors are down 0-2.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:57 PM 04-18-2023
I suspect that any other player in the league on any other team would have been suspended multiple games for a similar act.

But not Draymond on the Warriors and especially not when they are in a 0-2 hole.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:59 PM 04-18-2023
Shams' tweet is also phrased interestingly (notice he uses "stepped" instead of "stomped" and refers to what Sabonis did as a "grab") as if it came directly from the NBA office, which it likely did.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 03:04 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Not really, just another big dude that couldn't really shoot or score, like Mason, Oakley, etc.
Mason reinvented himself in Charlotte as a point forward of sorts.

The Knicks indeed lacked players who could score off the dribble. Starks was the closest to that. They were a team of bruisers.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Mason reinvented himself in Charlotte as a point forward of sorts.

The Knicks indeed lacked players who could score off the dribble. Starks was the closest to that. They were a team of bruisers.
Man, I completely forgot Mace played in Charlotte and I used to watch the Hornets!
[Reply]
Kramerica 03:09 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Shams' tweet is also phrased interestingly (notice he uses "stepped" instead of "stomped" and refers to what Sabonis did as a "grab") as if it came directly from the NBA office, which it likely did.
It was even worse than a stomp, he used dude like a springboard and jumped off of him. I do think Sabonis intentionally grabbed the leg but to go right to street fighting is some dirty ass shit. Of course, Green will make some excuse about how it wasn't intentional and he can't explain his leg movements because he is not a kinesiologist, like he did when he was routinely kicking people in the bozack.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:41 PM 04-18-2023
There is not a player in the league I hate more than Draymond Green. I am not the only one. It is a huuuge mistake if TNT thinks hes Barkley or Kennys replacement someday.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:32 PM 04-18-2023
Pretty much up to the players to "discipline" him.
[Reply]
Miles 05:40 PM 04-18-2023
Draymond is basically the NBAs Vontaze Burfict but instead of getting a harsher penalty for repeated acts they just cut him more slack.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 06:03 PM 04-18-2023
Warriors certainly petitioned hard for no suspension (if they lose game 3, the series is effectively over), so the NBA is just doing them a solid once again. Nothing unusual there. They already did it earlier this year after Draymond punched Poole (a previous similar incident involving Portis and Mirotic on the Bulls drew Portis an 8 game suspension from the league).

Does anybody still wonder why I call this organization a disgrace?
The fact that the NBA plays favorites and will put ratings over fairness...

...how long have you been watching NBA games???

Main reason I'm only a casual fan during the playoffs.

And the fact that the NBA plays favorites doesn't make the Warriors more or less of a disgrace.

If somewhere along the way the Warriors had cut Draymond there would have been plenty of teams willing to sign him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 06:07 PM 04-18-2023
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
The fact that the NBA plays favorites and will put ratings over fairness...

...how long have you been watching NBA games???

Main reason I'm only a casual fan during the playoffs.

And the fact that the NBA plays favorites doesn't make the Warriors more or less of a disgrace.

If somewhere along the way the Warriors had cut Draymond there would have been plenty of teams willing to sign him.
You're right, the Warriors being a disgrace makes them a disgrace.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:15 PM 04-18-2023
Oh, I recall the inevitability of MJ/the Bulls of that era. What I'm suggesting is that virtually every player in the NBA these days was too young to have seen it.
And that's why the gap narrowed from a few years back. Less guys now that actually lived the MJ experience. It was like 70/10/10
And Tracy McGrady?
[Reply]
dirk digler 06:25 PM 04-18-2023
I suspect that any other player in the league on any other team would have been suspended multiple games for a similar act.

But not Draymond on the Warriors and especially not when they are in a 0-2 hole.
Well it hasn't happened like that in recent history. As I said Jokic basically committed assault on Morris and got 1 game. Dillion Brooks blatantly hit Payton while he was in the air and got 1 game. That injured Payton and he missed a month in the playoffs.

I would argue that hit on Payton was one of the more egregious fouls and intent to injure a player in recent memory
[Reply]
Page 103 of 378
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up