Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nebraska Football Sucks Thread
MarkDavis'Haircut 09:23 PM 09-10-2022
That is all.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 07:41 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Again-look at the track record of ISU coaches going to other places.

Only Earl Bruce and Cael Sanderson have had better careers elsewhere.
Well, Gene Chizik won a title at Auburn…
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:46 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
Oh God I forgot about that. He basically bought Cam Newton
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:47 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
then?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 07:51 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Who cares? They have fuck you money I'm not sure how you guys still fail to understand this.
Fuck you money or not, they burned up another 7.5m for no good reason. This year is a wash already.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:53 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
I don't even understand the logic there. They had 2 games left before his buyout went in half and one of those games was an impossible one for him to take the gut punch on.

There's no logic in Lincoln.
I’d bet my DJ’s Left Nut that they negotiated with Frost to let him go. Employees suffer burnout too and I bet he wanted to put a German Luger in his mouth doing the walk of shame last nite. I bet he took less.

When Uncle Cholly Wei’s got canned by Kansas, news mentioned the full buyout. An insider said it was negotiated, and months earlier if it needed to be done. These things don’t happen during 3AM cram sessions.

Anyone thing you can reach a big donor that late, over football ???
[Reply]
Titty Meat 07:55 PM 09-11-2022
**** you money or not, they burned up another 7.5m for no good reason. This year is a wash already.
I was told Trev wanted him gone after last year was going to slap him with cause for those NCAA violations. The higher up donors wanted to give him one more chance. Pretty much the money men made the call on this with the timing
[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:58 PM 09-11-2022
You heard right, Titty
[Reply]
Coach 07:59 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Again-look at the track record of ISU coaches going to other places.

Only Earl Bruce and Cael Sanderson have had better careers elsewhere.
I think you're missing Johnny Majors. And Earl Bruce is correct. But Cael Sanderson? He's a wrestler, not a football coach, last I checked....

Look, the point is, Campbell is doing well in Iowa State, despite the shoddy history of their football program and limited budget. He's 2X Big 12 Coach of the Year. He is 5 out of 6 seasons (not including this year) a winning season with a bowl game, winning 2 of them. He led Iowa State to a conference championship game. Hell, Johnny Majors and Earl Bruce could not make that claim of that, or even winning a bowl game, or finishing a season in the Top 10.

I mean, shoot, he recruited Breece Hall, Brock Purdy to name a few. And they do have some good quality players right now. Xavier Hutchinson and Will McDonald IV are good players too.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:00 PM 09-11-2022
I was told Trev wanted him gone after last year was going to slap him with cause for those NCAA violations. The higher up donors wanted to give him one more chance. Pretty much the money men made the call on this with the timing
Well, guess you gotta do what the old money says.

Recalling the Kim Anderson bullshit, sounds convincing.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:09 PM 09-11-2022
Well, guess you gotta do what the old money says.

Recalling the Kim Anderson bullshit, sounds convincing.
I guess that's how college sports works but it's a little disheartening. The Nebraska old money has fucked up alot of shit along with Tom Osborne. I guess it's hindsight but Solich never should have got that job Stoops was the young up and Comer look how that worked out. If you're going to hire an AD let him do his damn job.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:10 PM 09-11-2022
Originally Posted by Coach:
I think you're missing Johnny Majors. And Earl Bruce is correct. But Cael Sanderson? He's a wrestler, not a football coach, last I checked....

Look, the point is, Campbell is doing well in Iowa State, despite the shoddy history of their football program and limited budget. He's 2X Big 12 Coach of the Year. He is 5 out of 6 seasons (not including this year) a winning season with a bowl game, winning 2 of them. He led Iowa State to a conference championship game. Hell, Johnny Majors and Earl Bruce could not make that claim of that, or even winning a bowl game, or finishing a season in the Top 10.

I mean, shoot, he recruited Breece Hall, Brock Purdy to name a few. And they do have some good quality players right now. Xavier Hutchinson and Will McDonald IV are good players too.
Tim Floyd, Fred Hoiberg and Larry Eustachy say Hi.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:12 PM 09-11-2022
Man don't remind me that Hoiberg is still the coach he might be even worse than Frost
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:12 PM 09-11-2022
My point-If you are lucky, you catch lightning in a bottle once.

Frost did it at UCF. And a fake National Championship banner.

Most of the time, success in two places never happens.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:13 PM 09-11-2022
I guess that's how college sports works but it's a little disheartening. The Nebraska old money has fucked up alot of shit along with Tom Osborne. I guess it's hindsight but Solich never should have got that job Stoops was the young up and Comer look how that worked out. If you're going to hire an AD let him do his damn job.
I brought it up in the MU thread, but I think David Shaw could excel somewhere not Stanford. I think he would be a low key great move for corn.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:19 PM 09-11-2022
I brought it up in the MU thread, but I think David Shaw could excel somewhere not Stanford. I think he would be a low key great move for corn.
Yeah idk he went to Stanford and his star is kinda burning out
[Reply]
Page 8 of 26
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up