ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 79
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals
TLO 06:31 PM 11-27-2022
A sneaky big game in the AFC, and probably our toughest game left before playoff time.

Talk about it here
[Reply]
tredadda 01:28 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I just love the absolute culture shock rival fans get when coming to our forum.

They have no idea of the 22 year history that's been cultivated here. This place didn't become what we are over night. The jokes, the memes, the humor....they don't get it. And it's fucking hilarious.

Every damn fan base says the same thing. We're infamous. All because they can't believe there's still a sports forum on the internet where sports fans can more or less just joke, have fun and fuck around.

"OH MY GOSH....THEY'RE SO VULGUR".....you know what else, we're also ACTIVE. Unlike every other damn sports forum not named Reddit out there.
I couldn’t have said it any better. Excellent work here.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:29 PM 12-02-2022
I’ve been on several other boards throughout the years.

This is without a doubt the best. The moderation here is near perfect. People don’t get banned over just hurt feelings. Grudges don’t often spill out of their original threads.

Not a lot of “taking my ball and going home here”.

Plus, we have carcosa. No other board can make that claim.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:29 PM 12-02-2022

[Reply]
staylor26 01:29 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
petty mahomes incoming

Make sure he sees it Clay.
[Reply]
tredadda 01:33 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Am I the only one that video is flashing for?
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:40 PM 12-02-2022
I mean, if the lurking Bengals want some actual analysis, where we say things that all the Chiefs fans here already know, here goes:

Question 1: Are the Chiefs better positioned to counter the defense the Bengals found so much success with in the second halves of both contests last year.

Answer 1: Yes. And there are multiple reasons why.

1A: Attacking the flats in the passing game. The Chiefs have SOLVED the drop 7/8 defense by exploiting the space in the short passing game against that type of defense. As posted the other day, Mahomes has a 120+ QB rating against 3-man rushes this year. There's that wonderful 16-minute video going around showing how the Chiefs have - once again - solved the defense de joeur well ahead of the rest of the league. Watch it.

1B: More depth at WR. The Bengals paired that drop 8 approach with bracketing Hill and Kelce, and daring Pringle and Robinson to beat man coverage, which they couldn't do.

Now, the Chiefs WR group is clearly not as strong at WR1. But it has a lot more depth and quality, even with Hardman and Toney out for this one.

Valdes-Scantling, Skyy Moore, Justin Watson - all big upgrade from Robinson and Pringle.

1C: More speed in the backfield. Isaiah Pecheco is a big, strong back with legit 4.4 speed. With him, the Chiefs can get to the edges and run outside/off-tackle stuff much more effectively. Even with Reader being back and having given the Chiefs trouble last year, they are using different and more varied run techniques now that will lessen his impact.

Question 2: How are the Chiefs going to match up any better against this Bengals offense than last year?

Answer 2A: The defensive line personnel is quite a bit better than a season ago. The Chiefs win rate, pressure rate, and sack percentage have all sky rocketed. Because they have a more complete unit. Holdovers (Frank Clark, Chris Jones, Khalen Saunders, Mike Danna) are all playing at higher levels. New additions (Carlos DUnlap, Karlaftis) are playing better than the guys they replaced in the rotation (Ingram, Okafor).

It won't be just "hope Chris Jones makes someone look foolish" any more.

Answer 2B: Personnel turnover to get faster and more athletic on the back end. The Chiefs' secondary is younger than a year ago, but Trent McDuffie has been better than Ward when on the field. Justin Reid doesn't make splash plays, but he also plays well enough to get targeted infrequently. He also isn't the most exploitable defender in the NFL like Dan Sorenson was. Sneed has been dynamite in the "X-factor" role Mathieu played, and a big upgrade at that (Mathieu was more rep than production last year). And Watson and Williams are bigger, faster, and more athletic than Rashad Fenton/Mike Hughes, making them better matchups on jump balls.

And the real topper is that the Chiefs are just rolling with Nick Bolton and Willie Gay.

The Bengals have improved. But the Chiefs have, as well. On both sides of the ball.

tl;dr You are so, so, so ****ed, Brazzers is going to be calling any second now
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:40 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
like a good squire, i have alerted sir mahomes to the common peasant scum who might besmirch his reputation
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:44 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:

The Bengals have improved.
...where?
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:44 PM 12-02-2022
petty mahomes incoming

Holy hell what a ****ing moron. Of course I knew and believed that before this video.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:50 PM 12-02-2022
:-) :-) :-)

my brother in christ mahomes went to and won a super bowl on a 9-0 streak and would have won another one on a 13-0 streak if the OL hadn't died
:-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:52 PM 12-02-2022
...where?
That was the only part I disagreed with.

Their secondary is worse with their best corner out. Their pass rush is significantly better worse than last year.

Chase is coming off an injury. Mixon has largely been unproductive (3.8 yards per carry and only 3 games over 3.5 yards per carry on the season), save the game against the Panthers (one of the worst run defenses in football).

Their OL is better, but still sucks. They went from an F- to D.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:54 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
2 things-

Why does the title have "Rex Ryan believes Patrick Mahomes..." there is no Rex Ryan in the video.

And secondly put a fucking Brooke Pryor spoiler alert on that shit :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 01:54 PM 12-02-2022
Doesn’t matter. Everything from Bobby Stroupe’s tweet to Mahomes and Kelce talking about it on the pod to Chris Jones talking about it tells us everything we need to know.

This is the game of the regular season for them and they want revenge.

I foresee another Bucs game from the offense
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:55 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
That was the only part I disagreed with.

Their secondary is worse with their best corner out. Their pass rush is significantly better worse than last year.

Chase is coming off an injury. Mixon has largely been unproductive (3.8 yards per carry and only 3 games over 3.5 yards per carry on the season), save the game against the Panthers (one of the worst run defenses in football).

Their OL is better, but still sucks. They went from an F- to D.
yeah

i don't see how they're better at all, particularly since their signature win was either beating the dolphins with bridgewater, or beating the titans only because tennesse's offense is garbage

mid team elevated by a terrible schedule
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:56 PM 12-02-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Doesn’t matter. Everything from Bobby Stroupe’s tweet to Mahomes and Kelce talking about it on the pod to Chris Jones talking about it tells us everything we need to know.

This is the game of the regular season for them and they want revenge.

I foresee another Bucs game from the offense
Chiefs will want to send a message. Andy will drop close to 50.
[Reply]
Page 55 of 79
« First < 5455152535455 5657585965 > Last »
Up