ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 79
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs release Fisher
Dante84 08:48 AM 03-11-2021

Chiefs released former No. 1 overall pick Eric Fisher, per source.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
mkp785 11:31 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
If you don't think that protecting the blind side of a HOF QB might skew things a bit, that's cool, we can just disagree.

the fact that a guy on a shit team still gets voted to 8 Pro Bowls (a popularity contest for sure, but why in the world would he be popular on those teams?) is mighty impressive.
They're both great players and the Pack obviously won't be giving us DB so Williams is a fine addition, if we can get him. I'm fine with Trent and drafting Eichenberg from Notre Dame at 31 who would make a great RT.

Or, if they decide to address DE, signing him would allow us to get someone in here so we can cut losses on Frank this time next year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
It's fucking awesome.

It had been such a boring month.

LOL
Funny.

Remember last week when I said something about taking a break because there was nothing new to talk about and we were just rehashing the same 3 or 4 things over and over?

:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
I’m going to die laughing if we sign Trent Williams.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
But, but, but the salary cap!!!!
The NFL is going to change the contract structuring rules on us pretty soon.

:-)
[Reply]
BossChief 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Veach said he would be back by August and 30 is younger than some of the guys being discussed in this thread
Even before injury -if we’re being honest- he was just an average left tackle. Borderline top 10 MAYBE.

He would need a new contract while rehabbing a major injury at starting left tackle pay.

He got beat repeatedly by top level pass rushers.

Lots of reasons why this move had to be made.
[Reply]
tmax63 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
We saw what BV did to the defense a couple of years ago. We saw what he did last year with CJ and PMII and no cap space. I'd say he's one of if not the most creative GM currently. He'll do more than anyone here can dream of doing and we'll be laughing and scratching our heads and asking how in the hell did he do that.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by Bowser:
No lie, he's got ice water in his veins. I can see him calling Mathieu, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes and thanking them all for restructuring their contracts in the upcoming days, and all of them being like "wait, what?" as he slams down the phone.

Someone pointed it out earlier - this is the lesson of Eric Berry being played out. Don't hold on to stud injured players out of nostalgia - do what's best for the squad and always have it in a place that is ready to succeed, no matter what it takes.
Can’t restructure Mathieu. Can extend him tho
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:32 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I’m going to die laughing if we sign Trent Williams.
RIP motherfucker.

I think it's really, really likely.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:33 AM 03-11-2021
Originally Posted by mkp785:
They're both great players and the Pack obviously won't be giving us DB so Williams is a fine addition, if we can get him. I'm fine with Trent and drafting Eichenberg from Notre Dame at 31 who would make a great RT.

Or, if they decide to address DE, signing him would allow us to get someone in here so we can cut losses on Frank this time next year.
They're not going to sign Williams AND draft Eichenberg at 31. I just can't see that happening, despite all the unexpectedness going on.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:33 AM 03-11-2021
Watch Veach go get Trent Williams, Romeo Okwara and Corey Davis.
[Reply]
scho63 11:33 AM 03-11-2021
I'm shocked by them releasing both tackles.

I have to trust Veach.

I think this guarantees Watkins is not coming back.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:33 AM 03-11-2021

Eric Fisher has played 7,162 regular-season snaps in his career.

He's only had 15 accepted holding penalties called against him and only ONE in the last two seasons. pic.twitter.com/j1Qq9KZx6X

— CBS Sports HQ (@CBSSportsHQ) March 11, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 11:34 AM 03-11-2021
RIP motherfucker.

I think it's really, really likely.
I think Boss is right. I think Williams is probably the #1 target right now. Crazy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:34 AM 03-11-2021
They're not going to sign Williams AND draft Eichenberg at 31. I just can't see that happening, despite all the unexpectedness going on.
nah. That's the kind of double-down that wouldn't be a good usage of resources.

maybe a Hudson or a Little if they fall into the 4th or something.

Draft a Meinerz in the 3rd or Myers or the like for Center and roll.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:34 AM 03-11-2021
Funny.

Remember last week when I said something about taking a break because there was nothing new to talk about and we were just rehashing the same 3 or 4 things over and over?

:-) :-) :-)
More proof that Bert Vortch reads ChiefsPlanet and acts on our incredibly accurate suggestions. Much like Gunther before him!
[Reply]
Page 30 of 79
« First < 202627282930 3132333440 > Last »
Up