ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2121 of 2687
« First < 1121162120212071211121172118211921202121 21222123212421252131217122212621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
petegz28 09:04 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by manchambo:
I think that the important question is this: is he suffering the effects of concussions? If that’s what’s going on, could he benefit from resting for a couple of weeks?
Dude made the comment last week to a reporter that taking a hit took him out of his rhythm in the Gants game.

Gotta kind of wonder if one of the hits he has taken this season has spooked him a bit....
[Reply]
Chiefspants 10:06 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
This is as excited as Mitch has been all year.

I am in awe about this play. Yeah, Patrick played poorly. Yeah, Green Bay likely wins if they have Aaron (sorry, screw them, because the opposite would have been true in 2019 had Mahomes played). But you know what? Sometimes it's just amazing to step back and appreciate that we have a QB capable of super-heroic plays like that in the moments that matter most.

A lot of people forget that horseface Elway actually played a terrible game against us in the 97-98 playoffs. Why do they forget it? Because on the only drive they were down against the Chiefs, Elway hit a clutch 43 yard catch and run to ****ing Ed McCaffery against Gunther's blitz on 3rd down and that iced the game for the Broncos. One throw, in the clutch, was all Elway and the Broncos needed to beat us that day (in addition to cheating the salary cap, lubing up in Vaseline and being the benefactors to a bad call in the end zone, but I digress) -- because when it was time for Elway to deliver, he did. He went on to have a similarly terrible game but delivered an even more signature play to win them that year's Super Bowl.

Sometimes, you just need a QB who can make the throws to win you the game. We do not have one other QB in the last decades before Patrick who could hit those. Not one. Bono (95), Gannon (95), Grbac (97), Green (06), and Alex (13, 16, and 17) all had the chance to make heroic 4th quarter drives in the playoffs to win us those do or die games. Not a single one could make the throws they needed to in the clutch to lead us to win.

We finally have a QB who not only can, but did to win us our first Super Bowl in 50 years -- and I'm sorry, but if anyone still thinks after that that Patrick doesn't know how to play QB -- they need to take a long look at their fan card and re-watch our 1995, 1997, 2006, 2010, 2015, 2016 and 2017 playoff loses as a long, soulcrushing meditation and punishment for forgetting what Patrick has delivered to our franchise.

We finally have a QB who can take us to the top -- and it's still an amazing feeling.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 10:13 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I am in awe about this play. Yeah, Patrick played poorly. Yeah, Green Bay likely wins if they have Aaron (but sorry, screw them, because the opposite would have been true in 2019 had Mahomes played). But you know what? Sometimes it's just amazing to step back and appreciate that we have a QB capable of super-heroic plays like that in the moments that matter most.

A lot of people forget that horseface Elway actually played a terrible game against us in the 97-98 playoffs. Why do they forget it? Because on the only drive they were down against the Chiefs, Elway hit a clutch 43 yard catch and run to ****ing Ed McCaffery against Gunther's blitz that iced the game for Denver.

Sometimes, you just need a QB who can make the throws to win you the game. We do not have one other QB in the last decades before Patrick who could hit those. Not one. Bono (95), Gannon (95), Grbac (97), Green (05), and Alex (13, 16, and 17) all had the chance to make heroic 4th quarter drives in the playoffs to win us those do or die games. Not a single one could make the throws they needed to in the clutch to lead us to win.

We finally have a QB who not only can, but did to win us our first Super Bowl in 50 years -- and I'm sorry, but if anyone still thinks after that that Patrick doesn't know how to play QB -- they need to take a long look at their fan card and re-watch our 95, 97, 06, 2010, 2015, 2016 and 2017 playoff loses as a long, deep meditation and punishment for forgetting what Patrick has delivered to our franchise.

We finally have a QB who can take us to the top -- and it's still an amazing feeling.
I miss watching this Patrick.

These last few seasons made me feel like a little kid again watching him do the things he did. I definitely took for granted the fact that we saw him make these kinds of plays 10 times a game.

While it's a little sad that we're getting this excited over seeing him do once what he used to regularly, it never gets old or any less exciting seeing him make these kind of plays that only he can.

Hopefully he can get himself back on track soon and get back to being the caliber of player that we know he is.
[Reply]
philfree 10:19 PM 11-07-2021
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Dude made the comment last week to a reporter that taking a hit took him out of his rhythm in the Gants game.

Gotta kind of wonder if one of the hits he has taken this season has spooked him a bit....
He's not protected (by the officials) like and MVP QB and he knows it.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 03:50 AM 11-08-2021
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Maybe if our receivers could get open and then catch balls that hit their hands- he would look better.
Yes, the receivers have dropped a lot of passes, but for me, the issue is clearly his toe.

I went back and watched the game, and Mahomes made a lot of throws basically flat footed. I believe both near interceptions were the result of him using his hips to generate torque instead of planting his right foot and stepping into the throws with power.

This season he almost never makes a hard plant to throw deep or with power. I went back and watched some games from early last year, and his footwork was much better. He has been uncharacteristically inaccurate this season, and it's all in his footwork. He has fallen back into some bad habits from college. It's also why he has been off on his deep passes.

So, I truly believe that there is an issue with his toe. Whether the issue is it didn't heal completely after surgery, or if the surgery didn't really fix the problem like we were told, or maybe he even tweaked it in training camp, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if he has another surgery after the season to "clean some things up."

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
PHOG 07:41 AM 11-08-2021
It was his LEFT toe that he had surgery on.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMGDfhBB...6-a39435aa5c7e
[Reply]
TribalElder 09:16 AM 11-08-2021
Madden update has removed Mahomes from the 99 club
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:28 PM 11-08-2021

[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:35 PM 11-08-2021
Because we won those games and Patrick went into the Avatar state in the playoffs, I'm convinced folks have burned out his 2019 slump from their collective memories.

He has slumped AND won from the pocket before. I can not believe there are actual Chiefs fans saying he only knows how to play "backyard football."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:37 PM 11-08-2021
That was right after his knee fell off too.

People were freaking out.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 03:38 PM 11-08-2021
That was right after his knee fell off too.

People were freaking out.
Yep. Convinced Andy had made him Alex after that. People were even comparing Pat's 2019 stats with Alex's 2017 stats in an unfavorable light.

51-31 completely erased that from most KC fans memories.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:37 AM 11-09-2021
I think the Chiefs and Mahomes were beginning to get it figured out by the end of the Green Bay game.

Mahomes was 6 for his last 9 for 80 yards, with one drop (Hardman).
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:00 AM 11-09-2021
I think the Chiefs and Mahomes were beginning to get it figured out by the end of the Green Bay game.

Mahomes was 6 for his last 9 for 80 yards, with one drop (Hardman).
God I hope so. This week needs to be the turn around game against the hated Faid...
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:39 AM 11-09-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Because we won those games and Patrick went into the Avatar state in the playoffs, I'm convinced folks have burned out his 2019 slump from their collective memories.

He has slumped AND won from the pocket before. I can not believe there are actual Chiefs fans saying he only knows how to play "backyard football."
To be fair, Chief Fans can be really, really stupid.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:22 AM 11-09-2021

No one was open initially (in part due to Kelce being subject to the usual "just press him for 10 straight yards and they won't call it" coverage he's been seeing) here, and Mahomes just did stuff. pic.twitter.com/s9seD0PyuR

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) November 9, 2021

Gorgeous pass.
[Reply]
Page 2121 of 2687
« First < 1121162120212071211121172118211921202121 21222123212421252131217122212621 > Last »
Up