ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:10 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Wrong on age. Why does that matter?
Wow, over 70!

Your demographic really hates fun, which is why you hate Holthus.

Nothing wrong with Harlan, but his motormouth gets annoying sometime. He doesn't need to describe the 'painted numbers' 50 times a game.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:11 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wow, over 70!

Nothing wrong with Harlan, but his motormouth gets annoying sometime. He doesn't need to describe the 'painted numbers' 50 times a game.
Just stop with the age guessing.
[Reply]
Spott 11:28 AM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Just stop with the age guessing.
I grew up with Harlan who was there through the 93 season and I'm in my 40's. I'm good with both of them as the Chiefs announcers.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:31 AM 12-21-2021
I love Kevin Harlan but I can't imagine hating Mitch. The guy bleeds Chiefs football.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:37 AM 12-21-2021
Let me guess - white and over 60?
Holthus schtick is lame unless you have the mind of a Pre pubescent boy
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:42 PM 12-21-2021
Can ya’ll just appreciate the truly great things about Mitch? If his player names or weird metaphors/similes cause you to actively reject him, the rest of the NFL doesn’t share that opinion. He’s the most iconic voice for an NFL team in the entire league. Everybody recognizes his voice, tone, and TD calls.

Like, that’s what makes him great. If you actively can’t stand a 5 second turn of phrase or two, then you probably deserve every one else’s boring uninteresting play by plays.

It’s him and Paul Allen for the Vikes. Everybody else is wallpaper. If that’s what you want, then you may as well be an 80 year old
[Reply]
CoMoChief 01:02 PM 12-21-2021
Mitch is one of the best pbp callers in all of the NFL.

Harlan was really good too. Like Mitch, hes one of the best in the biz.

Chiefs are/were fortunate to have them both calling the game.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 01:12 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I love Kevin Harlan but I can't imagine hating Mitch. The guy bleeds Chiefs football.
He's a total homer and conveys a lot of emotion in his calls (kind of the opposite of Denny Matthews) but I love them both
[Reply]
davewan 01:31 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Can ya’ll just appreciate the truly great things about Mitch? If his player names or weird metaphors/similes cause you to actively reject him, the rest of the NFL doesn’t share that opinion. He’s the most iconic voice for an NFL team in the entire league. Everybody recognizes his voice, tone, and TD calls.
I worked with Mitch at Chiefs Radio Network for ten years and whomever said he bleeds Chiefs football has it right. The guy is a consummate professional. Prepares for each broadcast like a maniac. Knows football inside and out. Almost never makes a mistake on a call. Little known useless trivia about him; he can tell you the mascot of every single high school in the state of Kansas.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:35 PM 12-21-2021
Wow, over 70!

I'm under 40, and while "hate" is too strong of a word, Holthus kind of drives me nuts. Any time I have to listen on the radio I find myself yelling "WHAT THE FUCK ACTUALLY HAPPENED ON THE PLAY, MITCH???" 3-4 times. He constantly forgets to actually tell us what's going on until after the play is over, and sometimes not even then.

And I think most of his nickname stuff is dumb.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:44 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm under 40, and while "hate" is too strong of a word, Holthus kind of drives me nuts. Any time I have to listen on the radio I find myself yelling "WHAT THE FUCK ACTUALLY HAPPENED ON THE PLAY, MITCH???" 3-4 times. He constantly forgets to actually tell us what's going on until after the play is over, and sometimes not even then.

Ahh I see. You have that disease where you mistakingly multiply your age by two
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:12 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by davewan:
I worked with Mitch at Chiefs Radio Network for ten years and whomever said he bleeds Chiefs football has it right. The guy is a consummate professional. Prepares for each broadcast like a maniac. Knows football inside and out. Almost never makes a mistake on a call. Little known useless trivia about him; he can tell you the mascot of every single high school in the state of Kansas.
If you listened to any of his calls for KSU, it’s pretty well known.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:16 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by davewan:
Um, it isn't just Kansas.

He used to do UNI games. He knows all the high schools in Iowa, even the 8-man schools.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:18 PM 12-21-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I'm under 40, and while "hate" is too strong of a word, Holthus kind of drives me nuts. Any time I have to listen on the radio I find myself yelling "WHAT THE **** ACTUALLY HAPPENED ON THE PLAY, MITCH???" 3-4 times. He constantly forgets to actually tell us what's going on until after the play is over, and sometimes not even then.

This is actually very true. Especially if you listen to the radio broadcast. I’ve known Mitch for a long, long time. And in the last 3 years, he does have a habit of stumbling over his words to describe a play. He’s almost 65 now.

In his heyday, he could describe, in minute detail, everything that happened during a play. God damn, I miss that when I listen to any KSU broadcast in the last 19 years.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 02:19 PM 12-21-2021
But, he’s my guy. I’ll ride with him.
[Reply]
Page 51 of 71
« First < 414748495051 5253545561 > Last »
Up