ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 71
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How good are the Chiefs chances at the AFC's #1 seed?
MMXcalibur 07:21 PM 11-21-2021
Updated: 12/19

Teams that actually matter in this conversation:

Kansas City (10-4) (vs PIT, at CIN, at DEN)

New England (9-5) (vs BUF, vs JAC, at MIA)

Tennessee (9-5) (vs SF, vs MIA, at HOU)

Baltimore (8-5) (vs GB, at CIN, vs LAR, vs PIT)

Buffalo (8-6) (at NE, vs ATL, vs NYJ)

Indianapolis (8-6) (at ARI, vs LV, at JAC)

LA Chargers (8-6) (at HOU, vs DEN, at LV)

---

Being 1 game back with six games to play seems incredibly generous given our shitty tiebreaker situation. I'll put our odds at 99.9999999%
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:22 PM 11-21-2021
TEN is getting their shit pushed in by NE and SF.

PIT has a really good defense, that could be a close game.

We just have to take care of business.

The Bengals game scares me.
[Reply]
JakeF 08:22 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Where do you think these open receivers are?

No one besides Hill, Kelce and very rarely Pringle has any ability to get open whatsoever.
That's definitely a point. Our wrs are crap for the most part. Pringle is showing hopeful signs though.

I still see the occasional wr breaking open and Mahomes just doesn't look.

Hey, MAhomes is still awesome, but he is struggling to run the schemes that defenses are forcing him to run. Defense are now also putting a spy on him now, making his life even harder. That's why he hesitates to take off and run now. He thinks the spies are going to be faster than him and close the hole before he can get there.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:28 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Why? If this was the beginning of the season when our defense was a dumpster fire I would agree. The defense us improving and because of that we don't have to be lights our on offense to win. Cincinnati is getting better, but I don't think they are there yet.
[Reply]
PHOG 09:16 PM 11-21-2021
Barring injuries, we'll run the table.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:17 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

The Steelers are really bad and have been for weeks now.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:20 PM 11-21-2021
After the past couple weeks around the NFL.... no fucking clue, but just happy to be in the discussion.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:21 PM 11-21-2021
Hate saying this but Clyde may have fumbled our chances in Baltimore
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 09:26 PM 11-21-2021
If the Titans beat the Patriots, I would be surprised if they don't hold on for the #1 seed given they have tiebreaker vs the Chiefs. If Patriots win that game as I expect, it may be a battle between Patriots and Chiefs for the number 1 seed.

As of right now, Patriots and Chiefs appear headed to a post season showdown/rematch. The Patriots have to continue to improve their offensive line and make a few less mistakes with pass protection to beat the Chiefs.

Injuries can change things awfully fast but the Patriots appear back as a Super Bowl contender since they drafted really well this past year and did pretty well with their gigantic free agency spending spree.

I honestly think Patriots can contain Chiefs offense enough but they can't have too many negative plays(sacks, penalties, turnovers) on offense and expect to beat the Chiefs. The Patriots really have no truly "big play" receivers nor do they have a Julian Edelman that needs to be doubled. But they do have nice depth at tight end/receiver.

Should be a great game if these two teams meet.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:29 PM 11-21-2021
Next weekend is going to be a tough challenge for the AFC. Glad we can sit and watch

5-5 LV @ 7-3 DAL
6-4 BUF @ 5-5 NO
5-3-1 PIT @ 6-4 CIN
6-3 TB @ 6-5 IND
8-3 TEN @ 7-4 NE
5-4 LAC @ 5-5 DEN
6-5 CLE @ 7-3 BAL
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:31 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
50/50 but I doubt #1 seed matters at this point. Best team playing at the end wins it and it very well will be KC.
It matters. Hard to beat three playoff caliber teams in a row. Keep in mind Andy Reids historical success after a bye week as well. Get the bye and you are damn near guaranteed the AFC Championship game in Arrowhead for the 4th year in a row.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:37 PM 11-21-2021
538's model says 9%. That seems a little low, but not far. Losing to the Titans made it pretty tough.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...l-predictions/
[Reply]
KCJake 09:51 PM 11-21-2021
Originally Posted by wachashi:
38%
That’s actually very accurate. Nice work
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:56 PM 11-21-2021
Were basically only going to have 1 more game to lose to have a chance
[Reply]
Halfcan 10:04 PM 11-21-2021
Chances of being the #1 seed= 100%

Bet your house on it.
[Reply]
Redbled 10:07 PM 11-21-2021
Even if we get the 2 seed I like our chances of hosting the title game for the 4th year in a row. Titans can lose on a moments notice.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 71
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up