ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 352
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Hall of Classics>***** Official '21/'22 KU Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 07:32 AM 06-28-2021
The Team:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

The Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/
[Reply]
DanBecky 01:11 PM 07-16-2021
Releford had a much more consistent jump shot and he was awesome in transition.
[Reply]
sedated 01:23 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Releford was a better defender and a better scorer.
What?? Garrett was national defensive player of the year.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 01:38 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
What?? Garrett was national defensive player of the year.
And?
[Reply]
sedated 01:43 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
And?
Agree to disagree. Releford was great, but Garrett was one of the best (small) defenders I've seen in a KU uniform.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:09 PM 07-16-2021
Originally Posted by sedated:
Agree to disagree. Releford was great, but Garrett was one of the best (small) defenders I've seen in a KU uniform.
Yeah. Itís hard to compare. Releford was doing different stuff. If heís asked to lock down the point guard he wouldnít be as effective as Garrett but Garrett didnít have anywhere in the same universe of length as Releford.

I remember all our bigs were in foul trouble and they made him 4 and the 5 man cleared out and they were going to go right at Releford. I thought hooo boy, here we go. Dude didnít score and eventually they went back to their normal offense. It was awesome. I think they should have done it more.

Releford could do more things but if youíre looking at strictly guarding point guards Garrett was better.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 10:50 AM 07-17-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. Itís hard to compare. Releford was doing different stuff. If heís asked to lock down the point guard he wouldnít be as effective as Garrett but Garrett didnít have anywhere in the same universe of length as Releford.

I remember all our bigs were in foul trouble and they made him 4 and the 5 man cleared out and they were going to go right at Releford. I thought hooo boy, here we go. Dude didnít score and eventually they went back to their normal offense. It was awesome. I think they should have done it more.

Releford could do more things but if youíre looking at strictly guarding point guards Garrett was better.
Releford's versatility is definitely what made him great. He was strong enough to guard big guys in the low post adequately. He had quickness, length, instincts and incredible strength for someone that size. Marcus had quickness, length, and instincts.
[Reply]
Kiimosabi 11:18 AM 07-17-2021
Man Releford had that Eurostep DOWN by the end of his career. I'd take Relford over Garrett any day of the week
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:14 PM 07-17-2021
Garrett is the better defender for me, but it's close enough that I can't really argue strongly either way. I think some of the answers might be different here had the 2019-2020 gotten the chance to win the national championship it deserved. Garrett was the best defender in all of college basketball that year. Last year isn't the best measuring stick, both because I don't think he was entirely healthy for most of it and because he expended way more energy on the offensive end.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:22 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Garrett is the better defender for me, but it's close enough that I can't really argue strongly either way. I think some of the answers might be different here had the 2019-2020 gotten the chance to win the national championship it deserved. Garrett was the best defender in all of college basketball that year. Last year isn't the best measuring stick, both because I don't think he was entirely healthy for most of it and because he expended way more energy on the offensive end.
Which sucks. Heíd have a much better look from scouts IMO if he were allowed to ball out on D, Rebound (he got an absurd number of rebounds) and slash on offense. I think he can fit on an NBA team. But he had to flounder and run plays to his weaknesses half the game. Film certainly wasnít representative of his skills.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:46 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Which sucks. Heíd have a much better look from scouts IMO if he were allowed to ball out on D, Rebound (he got an absurd number of rebounds) and slash on offense. I think he can fit on an NBA team. But he had to flounder and run plays to his weaknesses half the game. Film certainly wasnít representative of his skills.
I wish him the best but it seems like he is going to be too big a liability on offense to get very many minutes unless he can really improve his three point shot.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 03:37 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I wish him the best but it seems like he is going to be too big a liability on offense to get very many minutes unless he can really improve his three point shot.
Or any shot, for that matter.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:00 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I wish him the best but it seems like he is going to be too big a liability on offense to get very many minutes unless he can really improve his three point shot.
Probably right. I’m just looking at these finals rosters and all the fuckers that can’t play. Seems like If he was on Milwaukee today he’s get 10 min it’s just to guard Booker.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:21 PM 07-18-2021
Worse offensive players than Garrett have played in the league. It’s not impossible.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:19 PM 07-18-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Worse offensive players than Garrett have played in the league. Itís not impossible.
Andre Roberson.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:42 PM 07-18-2021
So Chicago road trip?

Kansas, Gonzaga, UCLA and Michigan will snare No. 1 seeds in the 2022 NCAA Tournament, according to ESPN.com’s current bracketology put together by analyst Joe Lunardi.

ESPN.com published Lunardi’s latest predictions on Monday. They take into account recent announcements by college players concerning their status for the 2021 NBA Draft.

Last week, KU’s Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Wilson and Remy Martin indicated they would exit the draft and play at KU in 2021-22.

Lunardi believes KU will be awarded a No. 1 seed in the Midwest Regional, which has Chicago as host for Sweet 16 and Elite Eight games.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 352
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up