ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 161 of 1866
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Are you going to take the vaccine?
GloryDayz 08:48 AM 12-01-2020
I know I'm going to try to be first in line, but what about the rest of you? I'm not sure if the death count is where the science community wants it to be, plus Birdbrain hasn't been sworn in, so I expect there will be delays, but that's beside the point.

You can be honest.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:34 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
The virus surged in the south last summer, so the "Covid will go away in warm weather" theory has already been proven false.
That's not Hope-Simpson.

Are you ever curious about anything?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:45 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Would you kindly share your theory on the above graphs that would be a better explanation than Hope-Simpson seasonality?
Sure. A seasonal graph has a distinguished peak and is generally flat on both side like so:

Now here is Covid:

That's not to say COVID won't eventually become seasonal, but here we are sliding into warmer months and cases are increasing again. Saying it isn't behavior related is asinine. Did you know flu cases in Dallas County during 2019 Flu season was around 18,000? Did you know Flu cases in Dallas County in 2020 were 2? Did the Flu go "out of season" or did we modify our behaviors (albeit for COVID)?
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 12:45 PM 04-21-2021
That's not Hope-Simpson.

Are you ever curious about anything?
Yes. I'm curious how Hope-Simpson applies, considering the surges we had last summer.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:49 PM 04-21-2021
Yes. I'm curious how Hope-Simpson applies, considering the surges we had last summer.
He torched his argument by claiming behavior doesn't have an effect.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:15 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Sure. A seasonal graph has a distinguished peak and is generally flat on both side like so:

Now here is Covid:

That's not to say COVID won't eventually become seasonal, but here we are sliding into warmer months and cases are increasing again. Saying it isn't behavior related is asinine. Did you know flu cases in Dallas County during 2019 Flu season was around 18,000? Did you know Flu cases in Dallas County in 2020 were 2? Did the Flu go "out of season" or did we modify our behaviors (albeit for COVID)?
Hope-Simpson applies to different climates. The issue is that the United States is so large it encompasses different climate zones. So it does go away in the summer..for New York, Massachusetts, etc.

But then it goes up in a different zone.

Hope-Simpson still applies.

Here is the combined graph using the total United States.

https://twitter.com/Hold2LLC/status/...965377/photo/3
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:18 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
He torched his argument by claiming behavior doesn't have an effect.
Stating "behavior has an effect" is just religious doctrine for the "Cult of Covid".

I am not into cults.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:20 PM 04-21-2021
Stating "behavior has an effect" is just religious doctrine for the "Cult of Covid".

I am not into cults.
If you're one of the "masks are useless" crowd, then debating the issue is pointless.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:23 PM 04-21-2021
If you're one of the "masks are useless" crowd, then debating the issue is pointless.
They are useless....... Clearly.
[Reply]
Donger 01:25 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
:-)
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:27 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Let's assume masks are useless, and Texans don't follow simple instructions where Covid is involved. Why is Covid surging in Michigan, but not in Texas?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:30 PM 04-21-2021
Let's assume masks are useless, and Texans don't follow simple instructions where Covid is involved. Why is Covid surging in Michigan, but not in Texas?
According to your High Chief Priest Fauci it is because Texans are still behaving better than people in Michigan.

[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 01:35 PM 04-21-2021
According to your High Chief Priest Fauci it is because Texans are still behaving better than people in Michigan.

If you believe behavior has no effect on the spread of Covid, why is Covid surging in Michigan, but not in Texas?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 02:14 PM 04-21-2021

I am not into cults.
You conveniently ignored my point about behavior modification almost wiping out a different communicable disease.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:17 PM 04-21-2021
The virus surged in the south last summer, so the "Covid will go away in warm weather" theory has already been proven false.
So how do you explain the surge in the south last summer?
If people are isolating, a change in weather means nothing more than sitting around the house with the heater running and sitting around the house with the air conditioner running.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:30 PM 04-21-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
If people are isolating, a change in weather means nothing more than sitting around the house with the heater running and sitting around the house with the air conditioner running.
True, but isolating would be following CDC recommendations, which I've been told Texans aren't doing.
[Reply]
Page 161 of 1866
« First < 61111151157158159160161 1621631641651712112616611161 > Last »
Up