ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 22 of 255
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Buck 07:00 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
What warn the name of it?

It was Wolnir. I looked it up. Was easy as fuck when you know how to do it lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:06 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Buck:
It was Wolnir. I looked it up. Was easy as fuck when you know how to do it lol.
You're about at the halfway point. The shit dial turns up pretty high now.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:09 PM 04-24-2016
Down to the final boss. Been a great game.

Honorable mention to the bosses that have ripped my asshole to shreds and left me butthurt.
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Gonzo 09:45 PM 04-24-2016
Just beat the old demon king and lord Wolnir. This new area is a mother****er. Lots of tough bastards. **** that hairy Seven eyed alligator rat thing.

I've done a lot of grinding and it's getting pretty expensive to rank up.
I'm now using a Great Sword and I'm pretty much a 50-50 strength/dex build so I can use just about any weapon that comes along. I've invested 20 total levels into Faith and 16 in intelligence so I can heal a few times if I run out of estus.

Loving the Fallen Knight armor I got at the swamp. So badass but if I'm not careful, I'm fat-rolling a lot.

Just a great game. So ****ing difficult.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:49 PM 04-24-2016
Originally Posted by Gonzo:
Just beat the old demon king and lord Wolnir. This new area is a mother****er. Lots of tough bastards. **** that hairy Seven eyed alligator rat thing.

I've done a lot of grinding and it's getting pretty expensive to rank up.
I'm now using a Great Sword and I'm pretty much a 50-50 strength/dex build so I can use just about any weapon that comes along. I've invested 20 total levels into Faith and 16 in intelligence so I can heal a few times if I run out of estus.

Loving the Fallen Knight armor I got at the swamp. So badass but if I'm not careful, I'm fat-rolling a lot.

Just a great game. So ****ing difficult.
Just thought you might want to know that the Fallen Knight armor is covered in piss. Item descriptions for the leggings says as much. That armor just didnt look as good after that discovery.

Also, there are softcaps at 40 for pretty much every stat. I'd reallocate 10 out of Str and Dex into something else.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:31 PM 04-24-2016
Just thought you might want to know that the Fallen Knight armor is covered in piss. Item descriptions for the leggings says as much. That armor just didnt look as good after that discovery.

Also, there are softcaps at 40 for pretty much every stat. I'd reallocate 10 out of Str and Dex into something else.
I would but first off, I fucked up and let the dude posing as Sigward pull his shit in the cathedral and I can't, (for the life of me) figure out how to raise that last shortcut where the Giants hung out.
Secondly, I'm sitting at 28 strength and 23 dex right now. I've invested a little into everything. I do want to re-spec a bit though. I want to use a bit more magic and spells.

The piss thing is kinda funky but it just looks so damned awesome.

BTW, I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep several armor items in your inventory for some reason. I guess it assists your absorption somehow?
[Reply]
Buck 12:04 AM 04-25-2016
I think that's just so you can switch to it should the situation arise.
[Reply]
lcarus 12:45 AM 04-25-2016
I would but first off, I fucked up and let the dude posing as Sigward pull his shit in the cathedral and I can't, (for the life of me) figure out how to raise that last shortcut where the Giants hung out.
Secondly, I'm sitting at 28 strength and 23 dex right now. I've invested a little into everything. I do want to re-spec a bit though. I want to use a bit more magic and spells.

The piss thing is kinda funky but it just looks so damned awesome.

BTW, I read somewhere that it's a good idea to keep several armor items in your inventory for some reason. I guess it assists your absorption somehow?
I went purely strength for my first playthrough and had a pretty easy time with it compared to what I'm hearing from others. Used the Giant Club for most of the game until I had 50 strength and could use the Fume Ultra Greatsword. Had to level my vitality a lot in order to wield it, a shield, and decent armor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:46 PM 04-25-2016
If anyone wants help with a boss give me a holler.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:38 AM 04-26-2016
If anyone wants help with a boss give me a holler.
You playing on PS4?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:47 AM 04-26-2016
You playing on PS4?
Yessir. IIRC you're hntrsdad and I have you on my friends list.
[Reply]
Gonzo 10:36 PM 04-26-2016
Yessir. IIRC you're hntrsdad and I have you on my friends list.
That's right. We'll have to play a bit. I currently have a +6 cathedral great sword and I'm loving it.

Hey, have you figured out the gem infusion shit at all? Do they take away a bunch of scaling when you use them? I was thinking about using a lightning gem or crystal gem in my great sword but right now I'm just buffing it with resin a bit.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 11:01 PM 04-26-2016
I beat it as a pyromancer, if the DLC is anything like their norm then this is probably the best Souls game to date. It's hard to beat Dark Souls, but this game comes so close just off the main game itself. The boss battles are refreshing instead of stagnant, most of them have great mechanics, not cheap, and they overuse the two phase encounter, but it doesn't get stale. Great game.
[Reply]
Gonzo 08:22 AM 04-27-2016
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
I beat it as a pyromancer, if the DLC is anything like their norm then this is probably the best Souls game to date. It's hard to beat Dark Souls, but this game comes so close just off the main game itself. The boss battles are refreshing instead of stagnant, most of them have great mechanics, not cheap, and they overuse the two phase encounter, but it doesn't get stale. Great game.
Agreed with this as a whole. The game is difficult but not crushingly so.
I have to admit that the bosses, (while difficult) aren't as tough as the bosses on Bloodborne with a few exceptions.
However, the regular enemies are far more difficult and take a lot of strategy.
Some of the knights can be brutal.
[Reply]
Fish 09:10 AM 04-27-2016
Couldn't get into Dark Souls 3. Didn't like it at all. Boss battles were frustrating to the point of boredom. And some things in the game are just mind bottling dumb from a development standpoint. I had to google how to quit the damn game the first time. That's ridiculous. Just not my style.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 255
« First < 121819202122 232425263272122 > Last »
Up