ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tesla Cybertruck
DaFace 10:45 PM 11-21-2019
Well, he said it was going to be different.

The #Cybertruck, Tesla’s all-new electric pickup truck, is here, and it can take a sledgehammer to the door while nary a dent. The all-electric pickup will offer up to 500 miles of range and start at $39,000. https://t.co/7a8YBicIkC

— WIRED (@WIRED) November 22, 2019

Starts at $40k, though. That's impressive.
[Reply]
kcxiv 07:08 PM 11-27-2019
makes me sad i used to have an 80 el camino. i loved it. I ended up selling it for reasons unknown to this day! i dont know what i was thinking! so mad at myself for that.
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 07:43 PM 11-27-2019

[Reply]
stevieray 08:30 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by kcxiv:
makes me sad i used to have an 80 el camino. i loved it. I ended up selling it for reasons unknown to this day! i dont know what i was thinking! so mad at myself for that.
I have an 84 that just got back from paint about two weeks ago.
[Reply]
suzzer99 08:34 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
:-)

Could have hopped in back....:-)
He had a camper top and I've done long car rides with the dogs slobbering all over me the whole time. But the back was full this time.
[Reply]
stevieray 08:36 PM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
He had a camper top and I've done long car rides with the dogs slobbering all over me the whole time. But the back was full this time.
my condolences...

On having to ride bitch & the bickering.

:-)
[Reply]
aturnis 03:56 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
They shoulda marketed as some sort of Truck-SUV hybrid. I think it would be better received as such. But as a Truck? No way.
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
aturnis 04:01 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This picture pretty much confirms it: Not functional as an actual truck. Here at the shop we make fun of these short-beds...because, well, you can't actually do much that's work/haul related because the bed is too small.

It's a truck for people who don't actually drive trucks. In short, it's a freakin' Honda Ridgeline.
Again, it can carry 4 X 8 sheet goods flat with the tailgate down. Tell me how this isn't functional....

[Reply]
stevieray 04:04 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
Again, it can carry 4 X 8 sheet goods flat with the tailgate down. Tell me how this isn't functional....

Just bough a washer and dryer, need to get it home.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:05 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by aturnis:
So it ugly and it's not functional as a truck b/c it has anglers bed rails?

Is there any other way "it isn't functional as a truck"?

For instance "can't have a toolbox and access things over the side".

You've got a under-bed trunk at the tailgate and a giant frunk under the hood. Why would you throw random small items behind the can anymore?

As a construction worker, the is NOTHING LESS FUNCTIONAL than a "toolbox" in the back of a truck.

Been around them for years and still haven't seen an organized one that works.

I'd probably prefer some sort or tool organization in the front trunk with a charger bank and batteries already plugged in charging. Could easily fit multiple impacts, drills, saw all, portaban, hammerdrill etc up there organized and charged.

Throw the rest under the bed or in the side rail storage. I'd have a 100% clear 6.5' bed with all my tooling at all times.

You city guys are going to have to explain to me how it doesn't function as a truck. It blows away any setup I've dealt with in years.

P.S. Truck toolboxs are dumb and only serve the purpose of signaling to other truck drivers that you're not a "poser".

When I get home I’ll get a picture and listing of all the shit that’s in mine.

I assure you I’m not a poser.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:08 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One thing that’s odd about it is that it is so streamlined that it actually looks much lower and smaller than it is. Clearance looks low, headspace looks small, and the bed seems non existent. I imagine that alone is something truck people would have a hard time getting past.
Clearance is 6 inches more than anything in class, the bed is 4.5' X 6.5' and headspace for the driver is more than any trick on the market.

I get it. You guys think it's ugly and it's electric so I hate it. But it literally outperforms any F- 150 in everyday outside of a full-size 8ft bed.

Y'all are grasping at straws.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:24 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I hade to ride bitch from KC to Galveston and back - in between my stepdad and uncle in the front seat of an El Camino - as they bickered the entire drive. Can’t say I recommend it.
Agree. Bigger cab though and no transmission tunnel. No different than backseat bitch now.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:25 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by stevieray:
Just bough a washer and dryer, need to get it home.
Cool. Load it up.

[Reply]
aturnis 04:26 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
When I get home I’ll get a picture and listing of all the shit that’s in mine.

I assure you I’m not a poser.
It can't be organized. It's literally impossible.

[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 04:26 PM 11-29-2019
To say truck boxes are dumb is as ignorant as shit.

Just because you or the people you have been around don’t know how to properly make use of them does not mean they are dumb. We have used them on our farm for years and have multiple trucks with them. I have made custom shelves to store batteries for power tools, shelves for ratchets and sockets, spots to hold the power tools that require the batteries.
[Reply]
aturnis 04:28 PM 11-29-2019
Originally Posted by mac459:
To say truck boxes are dumb is as ignorant as shit.

Just because you or the people you have been around don’t know how to properly make use of them does not mean they are dumb. We have used them on our farm for years and have multiple trucks with them. I have made custom shelves to store batteries for power tools, shelves for ratchets and sockets, spots to hold the power tools that require the batteries.
Cool. Put it under the hood. More functional and accessible anyways.

[Reply]
stevieray 11-29-2019, 04:32 PM
This message has been deleted by stevieray. Reason: ok
Page 21 of 44
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up