ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did we just wrap up the AFC West?
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 09-15-2022
Raiders suck.

Donks suck.

Herb is broken.

Kinda feels like it's ours to lose.
[Reply]
O.city 10:34 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
So last year holds no weight and apparently this year doesn't either because teams can get hot/cold.

There is no point in having any discussion about the future then.
The 9ers got hot last year. Were they that team, or the team they are now?

I'd argue the latter as I dont' think they catch lighting in a bottle again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:38 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Staley is also one of the dumbest coaches in the NFL. He is literally the reason that the Dolts missed the playoffs last season and why they lost on Thursday. That pick 6 should have never happened if BS knew what he was doing.
Herbert also could've/should've known to cool it off a bit when his TE is all but dying on the field.

Tempo is one thing (though seemingly unnecessary on 1st and goal from the 3) - but at a point the QB is the triggerman. He's gotta know better. They just seemed too concerned with keeping the Chiefs sub-packages off the field for some reason.

Herbert is still young but he's not a baby out there either. He has 2 full seasons worth of starts under his belt. He could've slowed that down and failed to do so. That's on him as well.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:20 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
What happened to scoring 24+ will be an outlier and a struggle?
That's not what I said.

I said you should not be disappointed if this group scores 24 in a given game. That is a satisfactory week given our WR and RB group.

They only got 20 the other night.

They're going to be in a dogfight against elite defenses.
[Reply]
the steam 01:25 PM 09-19-2022
Yep it's all over. We should probably start resting Mahomes and Kelce
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:33 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The 9ers got hot last year. Were they that team, or the team they are now?

I'd argue the latter as I dont' think they catch lighting in a bottle again.
Idk. The 49ers were in the Super Bowl just three seasons ago and they made it back to the NFC Championship Game last season.

I think we have to assume that they'll be pretty good until proven otherwise.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:34 PM 09-19-2022
The Titans have also proven themselves to be a pretty good team. They were in the ACFCG three seasons ago and won the #1 seed last season.

I think the bigger "lightning in a bottle" squad is the Bengals. They can right the ship, but their OL is somehow looking even worse than it was last year. And it's becoming apparent that a lot of their protection issues are due to Burrow holding onto the ball too long.
[Reply]
O.city 01:38 PM 09-19-2022
The Titans traded away one of their best offensive weapons and are relying on Ryan Tannehill.

Big bag of meh.
[Reply]
the steam 01:38 PM 09-19-2022
Idk. The 49ers were in the Super Bowl just three seasons ago and they made it back to the NFC Championship Game last season.

With Jimmy G I'd put them in the mix to make the SB. Not the favorites but now they have a shot.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 01:41 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'd say it'll impact him for a month or so.

Rib fractures suck but rib cartilage issues REALLY suck. I took a ski-tip to the rib cage on a particularly good crash back in my teenage years and it mess up the rib cartilage. Took me probably 6 weeks to completely shake clean of it. And even when it didn't hurt, things were still tight even into spring ball.

But I'm not a professional athlete with a training table full of pain killers. I think you'll see a couple of weeks where it's noticeable, a couple more where it's there but not obvious and then it's in his rearview.
What's the status of his OL that helped get him injured in the first place?
[Reply]
O.city 01:45 PM 09-19-2022
Jimmy G puts the 9ers in the SB mix. I just...dunno guys I don't see it.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:52 PM 09-19-2022

They're living on borrowed time.

Shanahan, like dad before him, is going to grind his players into a fine powder. You can't just keep treating everyone like they're RBs and expect them to survive.

Oh sure, they may have another miracle run in them this year, but I doubt it. By the end of the season they're going to be beat all to hell and rather than use that fact as an indictment of Shanahan, it will be used as an excuse for him.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:53 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
With Jimmy G I'd put them in the mix to make the SB. Not the favorites but now they have a shot.
The only thing that has them 'in the mix' is being in the NFC where there's not a single complete club. There are 6-8 teams who could argue they have a chance to come out of that sad-sack conference.

Doesn't mean they're worth a shit.
[Reply]
the steam 01:56 PM 09-19-2022
The only thing that has them 'in the mix' is being in the NFC where there's not a single complete club.
Agree. If they were in the AFC I wouldn't give them a chance to make it to the SB
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:56 PM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by the steam:
Especially in the NFC.

Originally Posted by O.city:
Jimmy G puts the 9ers in the SB mix. I just...dunno guys I don't see it.
He's brought them there once and came close again last year. Not saying he will again, but they've clearly got a good squad.

They're living on borrowed time.

Shanahan, like dad before him, is going to grind his players into a fine powder. You can't just keep treating everyone like they're RBs and expect them to survive.

Oh sure, they may have another miracle run in them this year, but I doubt it. By the end of the season they're going to be beat all to hell and rather than use that fact as an indictment of Shanahan, it will be used as an excuse for him.
Teams built without a franchise QB are always on borrowed time. It's just too difficult to keep an entire elite team together.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:40 PM 09-19-2022
Sort of on topic with regards to niners, but I heard a pundit talking about them and thrown in was that they haven’t even had their hall of fame TE play yet this season.

Is George Brittle really looked at as a Hall of Famer already? It never even crossed my mind he would be viewed in that high regard.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 13
« First < 45678 9101112 > Last »
Up