ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Did we just wrap up the AFC West?
Hammock Parties 09:27 PM 09-15-2022
Raiders suck.

Donks suck.

Herb is broken.

Kinda feels like it's ours to lose.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Last season still holds some weight. The Titans, 49ers and Bills are largely the same squads that won the AFC's #1 seed, went to the NFCCG, and took us to the brink in the AFC Divisional.

The Bucs are going through some things but they're still dangerous.
It really doesn't though. The Titans have a completely remade offense outside, the 9ers are going thru QB purgatory.

The Bills look good but none of those results matter. The 9ers were once a sub .500 team last year, got hot and went on a run. The Bengals won a bunch of coinflip games and here we are.

It doesn't matter.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:16 AM 09-19-2022
What's everyone make of the Herbert injury? I know he's day-to-day, but is it likely to affect his play over the course of the season?
I'd say it'll impact him for a month or so.

Rib fractures suck but rib cartilage issues REALLY suck. I took a ski-tip to the rib cage on a particularly good crash back in my teenage years and it mess up the rib cartilage. Took me probably 6 weeks to completely shake clean of it. And even when it didn't hurt, things were still tight even into spring ball.

But I'm not a professional athlete with a training table full of pain killers. I think you'll see a couple of weeks where it's noticeable, a couple more where it's there but not obvious and then it's in his rearview.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:18 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
I hate that too.

Two years in a row have had to go there to decide it.

I'd love nothing more than to just roll thru to a 14-3 year this year and shut everyone up.
Gonna be a spell before that kind of path opens up for us. At least that'll be the case if we keep winning the West.

That 1st place schedule in the AFC is just brutal to get through. And when you also have 3 teams with quality QBs in your own division, it's all the tougher.

Would I like to be in the NFC South? Oh hell yes - but shit happens I guess.
[Reply]
O.city 09:20 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Gonna be a spell before that kind of path opens up for us. At least that'll be the case if we keep winning the West.

That 1st place schedule in the AFC is just brutal to get through. And when you also have 3 teams with quality QBs in your own division, it's all the tougher.

Would I like to be in the NFC South? Oh hell yes - but shit happens I guess.
Yeah, we've kinda went thru it already here, but if they win 14 with this schedule.....
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:24 AM 09-19-2022
Yeah, we've kinda went thru it already here, but if they win 14 with this schedule.....
I mean the 2019 season, including the playoff slate, broke as nicely as you could ever possibly ask for.

I'm hard pressed to go asking the football gods for more than they gave that year. The division was down, the post-season cleared itself out for us. Every break there was to get that year we got.

So yeah - we may have to muddle through some shit to balance the scales over the coming years.
[Reply]
wazu 09:27 AM 09-19-2022
The Chargers have such a cakewalk schedule that we most likely will need to beat them a second time to win the West. Even then I'm betting the last couple of weeks of the season it will be down to the wire. Chargers are a good team and they play basically nobody but us.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:28 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My guess is he'll be in a bit of pain for a month or two, so that could hurt them here and there. Seems pretty likely he'd be fine by the playoffs, though (assuming they make it that far).
Recovery from torn rib cartilage is 3 months when resting and treating properly. It is very painful to do anything. Breath, move, cough, etc...

A broken rib bone is less painful that the cartilage.

This will definitely have an impact on his game.
[Reply]
redfan 09:29 AM 09-19-2022
2 games into the season is not too early for a thread like this. Nope, no way.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:31 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by redhed:
2 games into the season is not too early for a thread like this. Nope, no way.
It is GoChiefs. He will do virtually anything for attention.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 09-19-2022
I'm wondering if they try to sit Herbert for a game or two? They're schedule is pretty easy.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:36 AM 09-19-2022
People are way too high on the Chargers. Have you people learned nothing? They easily could have lost to the Raiders despite really outplaying them. They play us tough, better than anyone, but that seems to have little bearing on how good or successful they are in actually winning other games.
[Reply]
wazu 09:36 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
Recovery from torn rib cartilage is 3 months when resting and treating properly. It is very painful to do anything. Breath, move, cough, etc...

A broken rib bone is less painful that the cartilage.

This will definitely have an impact on his game.
Good to know. The guy looked absolutely miserable. Seemed like his coach was kind of blowing it off, both in game and after.
[Reply]
penguinz 09:41 AM 09-19-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Good to know. The guy looked absolutely miserable. Seemed like his coach was kind of blowing it off, both in game and after.
Staley is also one of the dumbest coaches in the NFL. He is literally the reason that the Dolts missed the playoffs last season and why they lost on Thursday. That pick 6 should have never happened if BS knew what he was doing.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 AM 09-19-2022
What's everyone make of the Herbert injury? I know he's day-to-day, but is it likely to affect his play over the course of the season?
I think there is at least a 5% chance that the doctor that tried to kill Tyrod Taylor actually gets it done on Herbert.

Apparently that stupid fuck is still there treating players, and more importantly treating Herbert.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:20 AM 09-19-2022
It really doesn't though. The Titans have a completely remade offense outside, the 9ers are going thru QB purgatory.

The Bills look good but none of those results matter. The 9ers were once a sub .500 team last year, got hot and went on a run. The Bengals won a bunch of coinflip games and here we are.

It doesn't matter.
So last year holds no weight and apparently this year doesn't either because teams can get hot/cold.

There is no point in having any discussion about the future then.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 13
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up