ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 95
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>**** Official 2021-2022 NHL Thread ****
Bearcat 06:06 PM 07-21-2021

[Reply]
Bearcat 06:47 PM 06-01-2022
Funny how Gretzky of all people was angry about the defense and even said "wish I played in games like this." :-)

I appreciated the comments about "be happy with a 3 goal lead"... and how a team like TB, up 3-0, is perfectly fine winning 3-0.

And it's pretty clear the Avalanche defensemen have the full-ice green light all the time no matter what, so you end up with those Makar/MacKinnon pairings when the Oilers are on the rush because Toews is somewhere in offensive face off circle.

Interested in the ECF... most times the better goaltending and defensive responsible team will win a long series, but these WC teams scoring 7 goals a game.... :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:38 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
We'll be there on Thursday. Glad our bet that they'd make it that far will pay off this year. :-)

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DaFace 08:55 AM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Bearcat:

via GIPHY

:-)

I'm just glad my bet that they'd make it this far is paying off! I tried this last year and ended up going to no games and just being sad.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:08 AM 06-02-2022
:-)

I'm just glad my bet that they'd make it this far is paying off! I tried this last year and ended up going to no games and just being sad.
Probably worth the money saved outside of maybe game 1 vs the Blues last season or that weird OT winner against Vegas in game 2... or else you would have just been sad with less money.

I would normally assume things would tighten up quite a bit tonight, but who knows if that means far fewer goals with the goalie situations... I really have to assume Smith starts getting a shorter leash eventually (granted, the 6 goals were on something like 28 shots in 30 minutes).

Should be another fun game, and all that talent on the ice from both sides will be a blast to watch live!
[Reply]
DaFace 10:56 AM 06-02-2022
Frankie is in net tonight. Kuemper is out, so Annunen will be the backup.

Honestly, I'm kind of OK with it. Kuemper hasn't looked the same since he took the stick to the eye. Whether that's truly the issue right now, I have no idea, but I'm OK with giving Frankie a chance to see what he can do.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:19 AM 06-02-2022
Frankie is in net tonight. Kuemper is out, so Annunen will be the backup.

Honestly, I'm kind of OK with it. Kuemper hasn't looked the same since he took the stick to the eye. Whether that's truly the issue right now, I have no idea, but I'm OK with giving Frankie a chance to see what he can do.
Yeah, the biggest difference I noticed the other night is how much quicker Francouz looked than recent Kuemper, and generally much more controlled and comfortable in net. He made a few huge saves, too.
[Reply]
Fish 04:34 PM 06-02-2022
About right. :-)

[Reply]
mlyonsd 05:40 PM 06-02-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
About right. :-)

Hahaha.
[Reply]
Bearcat 06:25 PM 06-02-2022
The Oilers provide NO resistance through the neutral zone.... they're not even trying to slow down the Avalanche.
[Reply]
DaFace 07:02 PM 06-02-2022
The intermission entertainment is some girl doing one of those upside down painting things. I am whelmed.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:13 PM 06-02-2022
The intermission entertainment is some girl doing one of those upside down painting things. I am whelmed.
The other night they had some guy doing fancy handstands and stuff and then had a tiny dog sitting on the soles of his shoes and what not... and they kept showing one guy overreacting to every little thing, which I assume was a planned thing.

Overreaction guy definitely added a little something to it though.
[Reply]
Bearcat 07:29 PM 06-02-2022
Oilers had a relatively decent 1st period (at least Smith did, and besides the penalties and all the SOG... but the bar is low)..... they look like complete shit in the 2nd.

WTF was up with icing the puck 8 times to start the period? Then the terrible passes in their own zone, losing a 2 on 1 puck battle before the 2nd goal... damn.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:10 PM 06-02-2022
Gotta admit it's a little strange sitting with Gretzky in my field of view all game.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:14 PM 06-02-2022
Gotta admit it's a little strange sitting with Gretzky in my field of view all game.
I heard he loves hugs from strangers.
[Reply]
Fish 08:20 PM 06-02-2022
Francouz has been pretty damn good tonight. Big relief there...
[Reply]
Page 57 of 95
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167 > Last »
Up