Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Pat and Dieter catching fish
O.city 11:38 AM 07-16-2019
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz_Fndtl...d=3p7mjufbudra
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:22 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
No I get it. Just seems weird having guys try to tackle that probably don't really practice it much.

I guess it's not really that difficult.
Sure they do.

They're special team's gunners and there's a special team's portion of practice every day. You bet your ass those gunners spend time tackling.

And ultimately I've always kinda viewed their role as a redirect anyway. They're there to maintain the edge and push the returner into the middle with your aforementioned safeties and linebackers.

But hell, those WRs were all playing DB in high school at least - it won't be their first time hitting someone.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:25 PM 07-16-2019
If I remember right, DAT was the main gunner and was pretty good at it until he got hurt very early and Kemp took over. It appears that they've let DAT go.

I found it surprising that he won the job because DAT wasn't a big guy at all.
[Reply]
Lzen 03:26 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Wilson's WORST year was as a rookie when he put up 260 yards. Throughout his entire time with the Chiefs, WR wasn't as deep as it is now, especially at the WR3 and 4 spots, which is where Wilson excelled. Wilson had above average speed and an EXCELLENT change of direction (his 3-cone time was the best at the combine that year), which made him a nifty little weapon in a variety of spots on the field, even out of the backfield.

Dieter has none of that shit going for him. He's got height on Wilson, and it's not like he's some ex-basketball behemoth compared to other WRs.

Hell, you made that crack about Wilson and has hands, but up to this point do we really know anything about Dieter's hands? We do know that he struggled with some drops on occasion in that last year at Alabama. That can be fixed, yes, but do we know if he's fixed it? Is that really something you can fix without consistent reps in practice (and not just with the scout team or the hands team on special teams)
Wilson didn't extend for the catch or make the extra effort for most of his career in KC. For that, I didn't care much for him. That last season, however, he came up with a few big catches. He won me over with a much better effort in his last year here. Some guys just take a little longer to get it, I guess.

Will Dieter ever amount to anything for the Chiefs? Who knows but I wouldn't write him off just yet. Still, I'm in the camp that he will be cut before the season. I don't buy that him being good friends with Patrick will make a difference on whether the team keeps him over a better player, if they feel there is a better player.
[Reply]
-King- 03:28 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by staylor26:
And what does Kemp have going for him?

Dieter had almost the same amount of ST’s snaps in the playoffs and was higher on the depth chart at WR.
He apparently has the trust of Toub and that means more for a #5 WR than anything since that's where they'll contribute the most.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:32 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
He apparently has the trust of Toub and that means more for a #5 WR than anything since that's where they'll contribute the most.
He had 8 more ST’s snaps than Dieter in the playoffs. That’s it. And that’s what you’re basing Kemp’s ST’a value on, snaps. Does that mean Dieter has his trust too?
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:36 PM 07-16-2019
I mentioned 3-cone. It's a common thread in feel-good underdog success tales of dudes who come from out of nowhere to have a decent and sometimes even a spectacular NFL career.

Where the hell did Adam Thielen come from? He wasn't invited to the combine, either, and everybody from high school to his Division II college has said, "I mean, yeah, he's good, but I wouldn't call him anything special."

The answer is his 3-cone. He had a top 20 3-cone, and when combined with adequate speed and vertical/long jump numbers, scrappy gym rats like Thielen can take that plus all the experience with being "the guy" at his shitty school for 4 years, work their fucking asses off, and scratch and claw their way into finding a niche. And in Thielen's case, his niche was in the NFL record books (most consecutive games with 100+ receiving yards).

Gehrig Dieter doesn't have Thielen's college experience. He doesn't have his 3-cone or his speed or his jump. He MIGHT have his work ethic and attitude.

He's just got nothing. No, I don't care if he's bumming around near the bottom of the roster, but if my troll post from earlier actually comes true and we re-sign that bitch to anything more than he's worth, that's when he's gonna start to feel the wrath of Chiefs fans.

I mean, he could also start producing, but I just don't think it's reasonably possible for him to do anything significant at all.
[Reply]
KC Hawks 03:37 PM 07-16-2019
Dieter killed us in the '14 World Series.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 03:49 PM 07-16-2019
Mahomes will probably just pay Dieter to be his *insert random thing* manager or something like that if he gets cut and out of football so I think he will be fine regardless. I don’t think he became friends with Mahomes for financial reasons or anything like that but it certainly could pay off for him in that regard.
[Reply]
O.city 04:10 PM 07-16-2019
He had 8 more ST’s snaps than Dieter in the playoffs. That’s it. And that’s what you’re basing Kemp’s ST’a value on, snaps. Does that mean Dieter has his trust too?
How many special team snaps did they even have total in the playoffs? I mean, 2 games ?
[Reply]
staylor26 04:12 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
How many special team snaps did they even have total in the playoffs? I mean, 2 games ?
41/33 while Dieter was the only one to get any snaps on offense in both games.

My point is that people look at the total ST’s snaps Kemp had on the season compared to Dieter (which was significant but mostly because Kemp played in all 16 games), but what does that matter when they were playing about the same amount in the playoffs and Dieter clearly passed him on the WR depth chart?
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 07-16-2019
Dieter didn’t get that glowing profile on last weeks Franchise by accident

You don’t have to like it, but he is making this years team
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:35 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Dieter didn’t get that glowing profile on last weeks Franchise by accident

You don’t have to like it, but he is making this years team
If it makes Pat happy....I'm happy. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:08 PM 07-16-2019
Tyreek needs a new girl so he can hang again :-)

Cheetah has to find a cougar.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 07:20 PM 07-16-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Conley's good people and I'm glad he latched on and got paid well somewhere.

I'm equally pleased it wasn't here. He never found his groove here after that achilles. Fuck yourself, Bill O'Brien.

He was coming into his own before that Achilles injury too.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:47 PM 07-16-2019
Now is the time that we dance on Sprockets.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up