ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 333
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:00 PM 02-26-2023

#Royals prospect Diego Hernandez has a dislocated right shoulder (which isn’t his throwing arm) after his diving catch yesterday. He’ll be out 3-4 months.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) February 26, 2023

[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 05:46 PM 02-26-2023
Not gonna lie: I'm kind of excited to see what Franmil Reyes can do. He hit a bomb today.
[Reply]
dlphg9 07:31 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
No shit. He probably tightened his batting gloves 19 times
Yeah, it doesn't take up much time by itself, but when pretty much every player is doing that shit every single at bat it really adds up. This is probably the best rule theyve ever implemented.

It really should improve the game. Most of the best pitchers keep the tempo up. They don't walk around and then call off pitch after pitch and then decide to stop and redo that cycle all over again. The guys that do that shit usually get hit around pretty good, so this forces them to just pitch.

I love it.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 08:19 PM 02-26-2023
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief:
Not gonna lie: I'm kind of excited to see what Franmil Reyes can do. He hit a bomb today.

Franmil Reyes has entered the chat.#RoyalsST pic.twitter.com/JqL7tp4bWL

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) February 26, 2023

[Reply]
tk13 11:08 PM 02-26-2023

"There was wind today, but that one didn't need any help." --Matt Quatraro#Royals Trackman data had Franmil Reyes' first spring home run at an estimated 460 feet.

(��️: Royals) pic.twitter.com/a3cCvw7Svx

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) February 27, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 12:35 AM 02-27-2023
I honestly think he may be our 2nd or 3rd best hitter if he returns to form.

Also, everyone keep fucking doubting Makiel Garcia. If he maintains the power seen in the winter he might take that SS spot and force Bobby to 3b. Trade Nicky Lopez for whatever.

https://theathletic.com/4156171/2023...system-ranked/
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:59 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I honestly think he may be our 2nd or 3rd best hitter if he returns to form.

Also, everyone keep ****ing doubting Makiel Garcia. If he maintains the power seen in the winter he might take that SS spot and force Bobby to 3b. Trade Nicky Lopez for whatever.

https://theathletic.com/4156171/2023...system-ranked/
Maikel Garcia isn't taking SS from Witt Jr. No chance.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:03 AM 02-27-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Maikel Garcia isn't taking SS from Witt Jr. No chance.
If Bobby doesn't improve on defense he absolutely will. It will just make Bobby a 3B or maybe even an Alex Gordon move to OF even.

Garcia also has genes of champions from Acuna and Escobar. He was 21 and 140 lbs last year. All he has to do is eat Whits moms lasagna and put on the pounds and he might develop some power. He is already showing flashes.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 12:22 PM 02-28-2023
MLB dot com reports that Nate Eaton carries five gloves in his bag, two for infield, two for outfield, and a catcher's mitt. Seems likely he's gonna make the squad as a super utility type.

Originally Posted by :
Eaton played second base in the Royals’ 8-7 win over the Mariners at Surprise Stadium on Sunday afternoon. This was two days after he started in right field. In a couple of days, you might see him at third base or in center field.

In other words, Eaton is as versatile as they come. That — along with his fiery style of play, elite speed and plus-plus arm — might earn him a roster spot on Opening Day. The Royals’ center-field depth is thin with Drew Waters (left oblique strain) out, so Eaton will get reps there behind Kyle Isbel. Kansas City sees Hunter Dozier as its starting third baseman, but Eaton will still see time there if the Royals have to make a change. Eaton got his first look at second this spring on Sunday, and he will also see time in the corner outfield, especially if the team prioritizes defense there.
Also in Royals spring training news, more bizarre circumstances with Aroldis Chapman:

Originally Posted by :
Aroldis Chapman’s Royals debut was delayed a few days after he experienced “a minor accident at home” on Saturday and didn’t sleep well, Quatraro said. Chapman, who signed a one-year deal with Kansas City this offseason, was slated to pitch in Sunday’s game, but the Royals didn’t want to rush him with game action. He’ll get back on the mound in a few days.

[Reply]
tk13 03:38 PM 02-28-2023
Maikel Garcia going yard.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 06:47 PM 03-01-2023

We have signed OF Jackie Bradley Jr. to a minor league contract with an invitation to big league Spring Training.

— Kansas City Royals (@Royals) March 1, 2023

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:09 PM 03-01-2023
I'll miss Miggy and Salvy having long conversations during Miggy's ABs.

"I don't know if Miggy has time to talk to the umpire, the opposing dugout, and the starting catcher, and our own dugout," A.J. Hinch said last week. "Those habits are going to be hard to break." https://t.co/Q6VC0g2kWM

— Cody Stavenhagen (@CodyStavenhagen) March 1, 2023

[Reply]
BWillie 07:19 PM 03-01-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
Maikel Garcia going yard.
:-)
[Reply]
jerryaldini 07:34 PM 03-01-2023
Yeah it was fun watching Soler hit those kind of moon shots for a couple years. Love this signing.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 07:39 PM 03-01-2023
Saw a bit last nite. Salvy lower half is massive. His quads and butt is bigger than Orlando Brown

Got thrown out at 2nd on a toss way off line. Oh to be young again
[Reply]
Page 31 of 333
« First < 212728293031 323334354181131 > Last »
Up