OH YEAH!

All the dragons roar as one.
The #HOTD trailer has arrived. pic.twitter.com/ug7ESvpg8U

— House of the Dragon (@HouseofDragon) July 20, 2022

[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:07 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Rhaenyra

But since it was Alicent she's going to interpret it as him saying put Aegon (her son) on the throne which will kick off the whole civil war
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next ep or 2 to shape the outbreak of war. I'm not a huge fan of the idea that if Alicent didn't hear Viserys' final words she'd instead be peaceful and submissive to Rhaenyra's claim. There would still be Otto and Larys in her ear and more.

In other words, not buying "the war started on a misunderstanding".
[Reply]
listopencil 12:19 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
It will be interesting to see what happens in the next ep or 2 to shape the outbreak of war. I'm not a huge fan of the idea that if Alicent didn't hear Viserys' final words she'd instead be peaceful and submissive to Rhaenyra's claim. There would still be Otto and Larys in her ear and more.

Me either. I took it as a counterpoint to Alicent saying 'you are no son of mine' earlier in the episode.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:23 PM 10-11-2022

oh yeah, I agree with you, I didn't mean it as it's all a misunderstanding but I think it will be like Viserys actually secretly wanted Rheanyra cut out but didn't want to lose face before he died and so she's not like betraying Viserys's wishes. She's said before that her kids are dead if her son isn't on the throne so yeah she has good reason (for her anyway) outside of that conversation to start a war.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:23 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Rhaenyra

But since it was Alicent she's going to interpret it as him saying put Aegon (her son) on the throne which will kick off the whole civil war

Yeah, I got that much. That was pretty on-the-nose.

I just couldn’t remember the exact particulars of what Rhaenyra had said to him when they were in his chambers early in the episode.
[Reply]
CupidStunt 12:33 PM 10-11-2022
GRRM blog:

- says he thinks 4 seasons of 10 episodes would be perfect for the story. I think most agree with this, including the showrunners and HBO hopefully

- confirms the existence of a character, which I personally never doubted (he's a huge character and I trust the showrunners, they've earned it, plus the opening credits), but a bunch of people were stressing about

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 12:38 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Yeah, I got that much. That was pretty on-the-nose.

I just couldn’t remember the exact particulars of what Rhaenyra had said to him when they were in his chambers early in the episode.
oh yeah I don't remember outside of showing him their baby maybe there's something

i just took it as his brain being fried since he confused Alicent for Aemma at the funeral for Laena (? I think it was her)
[Reply]
staylor26 04:20 PM 10-11-2022
GRRM blog:

- says he thinks 4 seasons of 10 episodes would be perfect for the story. I think most agree with this, including the showrunners and HBO hopefully

- confirms the existence of a character, which I personally never doubted (he's a huge character and I trust the showrunners, they've earned it, plus the opening credits), but a bunch of people were stressing about

Spoiler!
How though? They haven't even acknowledged his existence.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:51 PM 10-11-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I've been bothered by this as well.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:43 PM 10-11-2022
Viserys looked more like a white walker than a living man. Very good episode...
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:15 AM 10-12-2022
There's 4 bloodlines in the opening credits. Hopefully they'll weave it in in a way that makes sense.
[Reply]
notorious 07:44 AM 10-12-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Viserys looked more like a white walker than a living man. Very good episode...
My wife said "He's going to end up being the Night King!"

I chuckled. He did look like the undead.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Ah, I didn't notice that she was given coin. Makes sense.

OK. She didn't seem all that important anyway but was curious based on the framing.

Interesting. He has an incredibly punchable face and is shaping up to be a badass so I'm interested in seeing more. I can tell he's a terrible person but he's good for TV.
Aemon's countenance and the way he comports himself is really how I've always envisioned Daemon.

I don't hate Matt Smith as much in that role as I thought I would, but man, I think 'old Daemon' would've absolutely killed it. He's just a letter perfect representation of the character as I've always read him. Lean and angular, mean as a viper, incredibly athletic and dangerous.

Like I said - mostly a badass.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:20 AM 10-13-2022
Wait...what?

Yeah, there's no way they can pull that off well. I feel like they just kinda rolled his character into Aemond.
[Reply]
DJay23 10:24 AM 10-13-2022
I went back and reread this part of Fire and Blood...
Spoiler!

[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:41 AM 10-13-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Aemon's countenance and the way he comports himself is really how I've always envisioned Daemon.

I don't hate Matt Smith as much in that role as I thought I would, but man, I think 'old Daemon' would've absolutely killed it. He's just a letter perfect representation of the character as I've always read him. Lean and angular, mean as a viper, incredibly athletic and dangerous.

Like I said - mostly a badass.

Interesting you say mean a viper.

His demeanor gave me snake vibes. He spends the entirety of the dinner stock-still, like he’s just waiting for shit to pop off so he can strike.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 37
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up