ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 1208
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
listopencil 06:51 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
ahh, your spice is completely different than your ingredients. listo, you got the flavor right but you are mixing ingredients that are without moisture to a batter. when you deal with spices that are ground or powdered. they are a seasoning. a seasoning is an additive. to me if i want those flavours in a pancake, i cook some peaches or apples to syrup and COOK those flavours into it.

most important is if it ain't broke don't fix it.
They come out incredibly delicious. It's extremely easy and convenient to add those spices to the batter before cooking them up. On my first day off, after drinking heavily the night before, and waking up with a huge appetite...those things are glorious.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:04 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Nothing fancy, just let the meat, bread, potatoes and gravy do the work.

Thats a veteran move, right there. Well done. :-)
[Reply]
listopencil 07:09 PM 10-24-2015
Change in the weather had me jonesing for an open-faced pot roast sandwich.

Simple. delicious.
I find myself craving carbs recently as we have had a few cooler days in a row and the nights have really chilled down. I should probably make a point of looking for complex carbs. I've heard that they are better for you?
[Reply]
Buzz 07:17 PM 10-24-2015
I actually bought 2 roasts, beef stew will be on the menu for the other. Any beef stew lovers?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:20 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
I find myself craving carbs recently as we have had a few cooler days in a row and the nights have really chilled down. I should probably make a point of looking for complex carbs. I've heard that they are better for you?
I seriously doubt if an open faced sammy is good for you. But it was good to eat.

This is basically what I ended up with.

Had some good crusty Italian bread from The Hill, Mashed up the potatoes out of the crockpot, made a beef gravy from pan drippings.

Guess if I were more of a purist, I would have boiled the potatoes separate, but I figured the beef stock was going to get mixed up in it anyway.

[Reply]
Squalor2 07:21 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by listopencil:
They come out incredibly delicious. It's extremely easy and convenient to add those spices to the batter before cooking them up. On my first day off, after drinking heavily the night before, and waking up with a huge appetite...those things are glorious.
hey as long as your happy, it ain't broke. i commented about dry ingredients being mixed with with wet ingredients.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:21 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I actually bought 2 roasts, beef stew will be on the menu for the other. Any beef stew lovers?
Stew is a little to tomato-ey, acidic for me. Shepherd's pie or roast with carrot, pearl onion and potato instead.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:21 PM 10-24-2015

[Reply]
Buzz 07:26 PM 10-24-2015
Stew is a little to tomato-ey, acidic for me. Shepherd's pie or roast with carrot, pearl onion and potato instead.
I don't put tomatoes in mine, beef, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. I have added red wine but the wife was not big on it.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:29 PM 10-24-2015
I don't put tomatoes in mine, beef, carrots, celery, onion and potatoes. I have added red wine but the wife was not big on it.

[Reply]
Buzz 07:30 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:

LOL, how do you like / make yours?
[Reply]
Buzz 07:32 PM 10-24-2015

That's not nice...
[Reply]
listopencil 07:37 PM 10-24-2015
Originally Posted by Squalor2:
hey as long as your happy, it ain't broke. i commented about dry ingredients being mixed with with wet ingredients.
Do you not add dry spices to your food until it is completely done? I tend to spice it as it is cooking and then add, for lack of a better term, condiments afterward. Condiments or toppings I guess.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 07:39 PM 10-24-2015
LOL, how do you like / make yours?

Chuck, onion, red potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas. Homemade beef stock, I do like a little tomato paste. Fresh herbs.

I don't do beef stew as much as I do beef bourguignon.
[Reply]
Buzz 07:47 PM 10-24-2015
Chuck, onion, red potatoes, carrots, parsnips, peas. Homemade beef stock, I do like a little tomato paste. Fresh herbs.

I don't do beef stew as much as I do beef bourguignon.

I also add peas at the end, going to have to look up beef bourguignon if I remember long enough how to spell it.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 1208
« First < 172324252627 2829303137771275271027 > Last »
Up