ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 58 of 86
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:08 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
I was watching a lot of Josh Gordon last night. After watching some of his interviews etc, it's easy to see why he gets so many 2nd chances.

When people think of addicts they think of introverts, dummies, someone who may have a disheveled personality. Images of "thugs" (fucking hate that word) may creep into your head.

Gordon is smart. Charismatic. Takes ownership. Articulate. He's honest. It's easy to see why people would view him as a good guy that fell into bad circumstances and could be helped.

Hard Knocks showed him to be pretty smart. Drugs are powerful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KChiefs1 06:11 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
We’d all be rightfully ecstatic to have prime Bowe here right now

[Reply]
Bump 07:38 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Me too. It's not his freaking fault cancer broke his body down.

He was clearly done. He probably had no business being on the team that last season.
ya I agree with that. Berry could have gone down as one of the greatest. Cancer, injuries derailed his career. But when he was healthy, he was GREAT.
[Reply]
staylor26 07:42 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
It saddens me that so many people hate him now because of his last season.
Yea, it’s one thing to be annoyed at the time by all of it, but it’s another to hate the guy because of it.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:08 PM 10-01-2021
Originally Posted by Bump:
ya I agree with that. Berry could have gone down as one of the greatest. Cancer, injuries derailed his career. But when he was healthy, he was GREAT.
He was elite until his body failed him. He would have been an all timer.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:56 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Hard Knocks showed him to be pretty smart. Drugs are powerful.

A big part of it is that our society views addiction as a moral failing.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:26 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
DT was probably hungover after banging strippers.
Been there.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:30 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
A big part of it is that our society views addiction as a moral failing.

Lack of empathy.

For those who do NOT struggle with addiction, it’s easy to compare themself and their choices to an addict and judge them weak or inadequate because they can’t just … not … like it may be easy for the non-addict.

We’re a square hole society. Too many squares do not accept the differences in the round pegs.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:33 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I saw Tyson Jackson at Tengo Sed Cantina back in the day the night before a Sunday night game. He was having a good time.
Makes sense to me. He always played like he had been up all night partying.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 06:34 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Lack of empathy.
It's more than that. There is a severe lack of understanding about addiction and how it works.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:41 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
It's more than that. There is a severe lack of understanding about addiction and how it works.

True. Lack of empathy prevents many from seeking to understand, too.
[Reply]
New World Order 07:56 AM 10-02-2021
If safeties are going to play high and play us conservative, quick slants and screens to Gordon will be there all fucking day
[Reply]
TEX 08:12 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by New World Order:
If safeties are going to play high and play us conservative, quick slants and screens to Gordon will be there all ****ing day
Would be great to be able to do that along with having a RB who could break tackles and take it to the house with the Safeties out if the way...
[Reply]
New World Order 08:14 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Would be great to be able to do that along with having a RB who could break tackles with the Safeties out if the way...
Clyde can break tackles he just doesn’t have the speed to turn a 10-yard gain into a house call.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:20 AM 10-02-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Bro, I’ve shared this many times on here, but I went to every training camp from 2002-present (exception being covid 2020) and every year Tony would avoid signing for anyone and even went as far as to mess with the kids at camp by starting to walk over to the crowd of kids chanting his name with outstretched arms asking for moments if his time to sign something they could put on there wall to always remember…he would get 15-20 feet away and then wave and jog off. He was the worst I have ever seen at it. He literally couldn’t give a shit about fans, at all.

Perception isn’t always reality with these guys.
These type of experiences are told many times, so the general idea of these interactions with him have to be true.

I have a total different experience with Tony G. that I've also posted on here several times. I did some work for his charity while doing some Chiefs Coalition stuff. I spent hours with him. I went to his home on the plaza 3 times. October brought me drinks while we were planning logistics of the charity event, couldn't have been nicer having a stranger in her home. I saw him at the charity events sign everything for a long time. Just my experience.
[Reply]
Page 58 of 86
« First < 8485455565758 5960616268 > Last »
Up