ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 86
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Josh Gordon to Chiefs
DaKCMan AP 01:58 PM 09-27-2021

Former All-Pro WR Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, is planning to sign with the Kansas City Chiefs, sources tell ESPN. His agents, Eric Dounn and Matt Leist from @LAASportsEnt, confirmed Gordon is headed to Kansas City. pic.twitter.com/nqpJXn3oni

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:37 PM 09-27-2021

Josh Gordon is expected to join the Chiefs this week & be added to their practice squad, per source.

Gordon will be elevated to the active roster once his conditioning & understanding of the Chiefs' playbook is up to speed, which could take a couple weeks.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:38 PM 09-27-2021

Josh Gordon is expected to join the Chiefs this week & be added to their practice squad, per source.

Gordon will be elevated to the active roster once his conditioning & understanding of the Chiefs' playbook is up to speed, which could take a couple weeks.

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:39 PM 09-27-2021
What's Chad Johnson doing? What's Larry Fitz doing. Bring them all in! What's Megatron doing?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 02:39 PM 09-27-2021

Some clarification on Josh Gordon signing:

The Chiefs are signing Gordon to the practice squad with intentions of elevating him to active 53-player roster once he's up to speed, according to a source.

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) September 27, 2021

[Reply]
Mecca 02:39 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Same thing I said in the first Gordon thread - this guy was as close to the league has to Julio Jones when his head was screwed on right.

He's not a bad guy - he was just a drunk. And if he's reinstated, evidently he's convinced enough people that he's past that. And if so, if there's any gas in the tank at all, he can offer something we don't have.

His teammates all seem to want him to succeed. His talent was so undeniable that even a decline (hell, a significant decline) would still be a genuine NFL caliber player. And he's like 18 months older than Pringle is.

I feel like Kemp and/or Pringle did some damage to their standing last week. And if the Chiefs think Gordon can make a contribution, they're smart to take the (extremely minimal) risk.
A better question is, why is Marcus Kemp still here? After 5 years you know if he can play at WR or not and that answer is obviously not. You're supposed to churn the bottom of your roster looking for diamonds in the rough. Not hanging on to career special teams only guys for 8 years.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:40 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:

I’m pretty sure we’d be signing him regardless of whether we were 3-0 or 1-2. He has the potential to make us better than Fountain (or Kemp). End of story.
agreed. No draft picks or trades. No financial risk. 3-0 and we still make this move.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 09-27-2021
The nice thing is that his skill-set should adapt quickly.

They're not going to be sending Gordon on a slew of double-move and option routes. He's a big body possession receiver with high-point skills at this point in his career.

It should be fairly quick/easy to get him up to speed on running slants in the red zone and/or go routes.

This isn't someone like Maclin who needs to put moves together to get the job done. He's a big man who had good deep speed and body control. If he has any of that left, we can put him to work by week 7 and get something out of him, IMO.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:40 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
man.... what???
He's vying with Jake from Bitch Farm for the title of Most Pessimistic "Chiefs Fan". Constantly complaining and crying about something.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:40 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Do you guys not read at all or what
Do I read about the ridiculous NFL drug testing policy (and any incidental changes to it that may have occurred recently)? Nah can't say I do.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 09-27-2021
Welp, pretty sure we never lose a game now. 15-2 here we come.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:41 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
He’s going to the practice squad first.
So does this mean another team could snatch him away?
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:41 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The nice thing is that his skill-set should adapt quickly.

They're not going to be sending Gordon on a slew of double-move and option routes. He's a big body possession receiver with high-point skills at this point in his career.

It should be fairly quick/easy to get him up to speed on running slants in the red zone and/or go routes.

This isn't someone like Maclin who needs to put moves together to get the job done. He's a big man who had good deep speed and body control. If he has any of that left, we can put him to work by week 7 and get something out of him, IMO.
Week 7? We need him for the Bills.
[Reply]
Eleazar 02:42 PM 09-27-2021
He is 30 now and hasn't played regular football in forever but... whatever I guess?
[Reply]
milkshock 02:43 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Gordon at least fits the physical WR type I have been bitching about for 2 years. He can still catch a ball even with a DB next to him. Hill, Hardman, Pringle and Robinson can't win the size battle to do that. Only guy we have that gets the ball all the time that can is Travis.

Yeah just a shame juju never signed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:44 PM 09-27-2021
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So does this mean another team could snatch him away?
It better not be because Brady will if he can.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 86
« First < 7891011 121314152161 > Last »
Up