ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Hall of Classics>Keep f*cking doubting Trent Green...
ChiefsPride 03:03 PM 11-17-2002
The title of the thread says it all....

F*ck you doubters. He plays with heart, and he continues to get the job done. You people who bash Green, I don't even consider true fans. He plays his heart out every Sunday, and you continue to bash him...

Keep bashing him, I'll keep backing him.
[Reply]
Phobia 09:20 PM 11-17-2002
holic,

I know. I'm not saying Green had a bad game, but it's certainly not the first one he's gonna dig out of the video vault to show the grandkids....

ChiefsPride is posting as though Green just had a career defining game. Not so.
[Reply]
VonneMarie 09:21 PM 11-17-2002
I never doubt Trent Green he's effin AWESOME !
[Reply]
tommykat 09:24 PM 11-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA

400 yards and 4 TD's isn't going to make me a believer. Improved decision making will. He has improved. A LOT. I'm NOT bashing the guy. Isn't that enough?

I'll let you know when I've become comfortable with Green at QB.
Fair enough Phob....:-)
[Reply]
HeadArrow 09:26 PM 11-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by pHoBiA

Oh, he had a great day against Miami. If this topic had appeared then, I'd be happy to listen to Pride and chew on some crow. Green didn't even throw for 200 yards today. You wouldn't guess that by reading Pride's topic header....
He threw the ball 20 times, for 197 yards, 9.85 yards per attempt. Put that with the key runs, he did more than his share today.

He had a better day than Bledsoe.
[Reply]
HeadArrow 09:28 PM 11-17-2002
Sorry, didn't post fast enough to catch your last reply Phobia.

How about we drop all this crap back and forth and CELEBRATE A CHIEFS WIN.

WE WON DAMMIT. WE WON.
[Reply]
tk13 09:29 PM 11-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by HeadArrow
WE WON DAMMIT. WE WON.
Really? It's hard to tell sometimes from what you read.... :-) :-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:36 PM 11-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by HeadArrow

So.. Let ChiefsPride have his day. The bashers have certainly had theirs when Green didn't deserve it.
This ain't about ChiefsPride 'having his day'. A lot of the shit he's dished-out in the last 24 hours has been directed at me, and I'm not even a Green basher. I just happen to have the audacity to (gasp) say that I'm not particularly happy with the way that Green has played, and that includes today's game, where his two great runs cover up the fact that he was ineffective and inefficient yet again throwing the ball, which is his job.

That's not bashing, that's stating facts...

When I say Green hasn't completed more than 60% of his passes in any of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say Green is averaging less than 200 yards passing in each of the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green has a 1:1 TD/INT ratio in the last five games, that's a fact.

When I say that Green is averaging less than 1 TD pass in the last five games, that's a fact.

And when I say that the offense, as a whole, is averaging under 17 points/game in the last three games, that's a fact, too.

Do I expect more from Green?

Yes.

Do I believe we NEED more from Green if we want to finish over .500?

Absolutely.

Am I bashing Green?

Hell no. I never have, and I never will.

I'm doing the same thing I do to those guys on defense: giving a frank opinion on the way they've played. When they play well, I say it. When they don't, I say that, too. Ditto for Green. And ditto for anyone else on the team.

And today, Trent Green saved an utterly unforgettable performance at quarterback by making two HUGE key runs that won the game for us every bit as much as Warfield's INT.

That's what makes me 'not a true fan' in ChiefsPride's eyes.

F*ck me, 'cause voicing my opinion -- not to mention voicing FACTS -- means I'm not a true believer... :-)
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 09:44 PM 11-17-2002
...today.

Phob can we get a smilie that carries a crucifix or something?

Something to indicate the pain that ChiefsPride has to live with each day?

Or an infant smilie suckling?

WilliamTheIrish
[Reply]
philfree 09:45 PM 11-17-2002
Trent completed exactly 60% of his passes today and had a QB rating of 93.1 and his two 4th qtr scrambles won the game. He's leading the offense and making good decisions what more could someone expect.

PhilFree:-)
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:54 PM 11-17-2002
A 60% completion rate is not particularly good. The coaching staff wants (expects) 65-70% from Green, and so do I. His QB rating for today is high because of his yards/attempt, which was very good, and would have been even more phenomenal had he not missed several key open receivers, most notably a wide-open Johnnie Morton. And, for the third game in the last five, he didn't throw a touchdown pass.

And if you're wondering why I key so much on 65%, here's why: we've never lost a game where he completed 65% or more of his passes. 7-0. Including today, when he's under 65%, we've only won 4 of 19.

But enough of this. I want to enjoy today's win, instead of dissect it. The team gets a night to celebrate, and I want mine too. :D
[Reply]
Phobia 09:54 PM 11-17-2002
Originally Posted by :
Originally posted by WilliamTheIrish
...today.

Phob can we get a smilie that carries a crucifix or something?

Something to indicate the pain that ChiefsPride has to live with each day?

Or an infant smilie suckling?

WilliamTheIrish
How 'bout this one? Careful, contents under pressure!
[Reply]
stumppy 10:01 PM 11-17-2002
All this talk about F@cking is making me horny.:-)
[Reply]
stevieray 10:05 PM 11-17-2002
Same old Qb story in KC. It won't ever change.
Percentage of passes completed, falling back on Priest, can't go downfield...doesn't matter...some here will never give him true respect, because in the back of their mind, they believe he will fail. Even when he wins games for us, like today. His third down scramble and headfirst score to take the lead while injured isn't enough.

Yup, same old story.
[Reply]
HeadArrow 10:06 PM 11-17-2002
Keg-

That's like me "stating facts" by saying Priest just isn't doing well the past five games.

Fact: He's averaged 2.7, 4.7, 4.0, 4.6 and 3.4 yards per attempt the last 5 games.

The Chiefs really "want" 5.5 yards per attempt.

Priest would have had an "utterly unforgettable performance" today as well, if not for the fourth quarter.

Face it, you just don't like the guy and never will. I don't think that makes you a traitor or anything, just not too bright. But, you're entitled to your opinion and so is CP.

HALLAFRIGINLUYA!! THE CHIEFS WON!!!
[Reply]
HeadArrow 10:08 PM 11-17-2002
For those who don't understand sarcasm, I DON"T THINK PRIEST HOLMES ISN'T DOING HIS JOB. I LOVE THE GUY AND THINK HE'S THE BEST BACK IN THE LEAGUE.

Wanted to clear that up just in case there was a misunderstanding.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 19
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up