ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>CP Get together?
burt 08:55 AM 05-04-2021
Okay, with the loss of another great CPer and Nzoner on the mend, there are several mentions of needing to get together. I am asking for feed back.

I work Saturdays, but am open to a Saturday night or Sunday pre-pregame.

I am not as wealthy as some here and live in a little 3 bedroom ranch hovel in Raytona beach with an average sized, but beautiful back yard. It's about 7 miles from the stadium. I offer my humble abode or a local park shelter.

My home has advantages. BIG grill. Bigger than Shannon Sharps grill! And of course, you could feel free to imbibe your BYOB (due to not wanting to be responsible for any one drinking and driving).

Park shelter would offer anonymity, you could byob just use a solo, but historically a small grill or my portable small grill.

I am looking for interest? Preferred day of event (given Sunday game)? Preferred venue?

Any other input would be appreciated. It's just time that we get together.
[Reply]
HayWire 01:58 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Springfield it is! :-)
As much as I lurk I guess I missed Springfield story. I'm just outside of and thought about trying a bbq here for my area (except no one knows who the hell I am).

What the hell happened?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:01 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Springfield it is! :-)
Ok fine guess I'll ride with you
[Reply]
luv 02:04 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by HayWire:
As much as I lurk I guess I missed Springfield story. I'm just outside of and thought about trying a bbq here for my area (except no one knows who the hell I am).

What the hell happened?
There used to be a larger contingency of us who posted whenever this place first started. For years, different people would post that they were going to be at this place or that if people wanted to meet up for a watch party. I think the most any ever had show up at once was 4?
[Reply]
burt 02:18 PM 05-04-2021
If I am the coordinator, it will be in Raytowna Beach, 7 miles from Arrowhead, or at a park shelter even closer. But if it needs to be elsewhere, I would gladly relinquish my custodianship.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:58 PM 05-04-2021
All South Dakota people meet up at Sioux Falls and ride down together. We'll rent a Volkswagen van.
[Reply]
HayWire 03:10 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
There used to be a larger contingency of us who posted whenever this place first started. For years, different people would post that they were going to be at this place or that if people wanted to meet up for a watch party. I think the most any ever had show up at once was 4?
Well that sucks. I seriously thought about trying a CP bbq around here but it sounds like that wouldn't work.
[Reply]
ptlyon 03:13 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
All South Dakota people meet up at Sioux Falls and ride down together. We'll rent a Volkswagen van.
Where you at?
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:44 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Probably better to have this conversation about particular timing once the schedule is released.
TC is right. Sometimes preseason games are on Thursday or Friday or Saturday nights. I think if we could pick the right pre-season game, that would be a good one for out of towners looking for a less expensive ticket, and enjoy going to Arrowhead.

Schedule comes out in about a week or so.

Also, Burt, if you don't want a bunch of strangers milling around your house, we could pick a park in Raytown, or I have a friend named Matt Mallinson who has a Winery and Party Room in Sugar Creek. Somewhere like that would be OK too. We'd just need to buy the beer and wine from his place.

https://www.mallinsonhall.com/
[Reply]
burt 04:05 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:

Also, Burt, if you don't want a bunch of strangers milling around your house,
Stranger? I know all you folks!!! Just not what you look like!

Originally Posted by gblowfish:
We could pick a park in Raytown,
This may be the best venue. I prefer a pot luck or open grill. It's mostly about getting together. Plus close to Arrowhead.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 04:53 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Pick me up on the way. I live south of Beresford.
[Reply]
Coach 04:57 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by luv:
I kind of miss the days of where I could say, "Just tell me when and where." Then again, not really. :-) I'd be down, but tailgating stories are about all my boyfriend can handle to hear about me. I've tried telling him a few things, but he cuts me off every time. :-)
Just be sure to stay away from the plunger cam.

That being said, for the OP, I may be interested, and I'm sure that it will be on a Saturday to early Sunday, just depends location and what the plans are.
[Reply]
Coach 04:59 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
Stranger? I know all you folks!!! Just not what you look like!

This may be the best venue. I prefer a pot luck or open grill. It's mostly about getting together. Plus close to Arrowhead.

G-Blow isn't wrong either on the pre-season as well, since I would imagine the tickets would be much cheaper for some of the folks who may have to allocate some of their resources for flying in/driving in/staying at hotels. Downside of this is, most games are on a Thursday/Friday.

Plus if it's during pre-season, August weather would most likely be ideal for outdoor events/park as even though it can get a little hot and humid at the evenings, at least it's better than December where everyone's literally freezing their asses off. If pre-season is a no go, then I suggest doing it in September/October where the weather would at least be more cooperative.

Plus if being done in a park, I'm sure there's ample acres of land to toss the football around or playing frisbee or playing baseball/softball catch.
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:05 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'd be down if there would be any others that would not be drinking. Haven't had alcohol since Nov 2019 and it's real awkward being the only sober person around alot of drunk peeps.
I got you. As long as I’m in town and don’t have any other obligations (which I am unlikely to have if it’s during football season).
[Reply]
Why Not? 05:08 PM 05-04-2021
The get togethers when I lived in AZ were always good times. Say what you want about the edave’s and lewdog’s of the internet world but the real versions are good fun. Therefore, based on past experiences, I’m always down for a CP meet up.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:09 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Do we all have to get custom shirts with our screen names and avatars on it?
dtebbe might have some of his old "Dammit Carl :-) " shirts left, that could be a start.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 11
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up