ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>How do you think this draft class impacts this year?
RunKC 08:54 AM 05-03-2021
Was just thinking about a ton of teams saying they won’t show up to voluntary OTA’s and believe some rookies won’t either. That’s definitely going to hurt.

From our class, I think Creed Humphrey is the only player who could be a starter opening day. I’m not completely confident in that considering he needs reps with Patrick but I think there’s a strong possibility there.

Bolton is probably not starting but will play roughly 25% of the snaps early if I had to guess. I think they’ll take the Willie Gay approach around mid season where he played some but not a ton. Unfortunately we’ll have to suffer watching Neimann a bit longer in September and most of October before Bolton starts taking over.

I think we could definitely see Gray and Powell early but on specialty plays starting off. Gray could easily be a FB/TE ace early and Powell on red zone plays and a few others. They’ll get ST’s snaps for sure

Kaindoh is too raw. He’ll get some reps but not many early IMO. Think they want to work on his technique as he develops. He’s a guy to watch later in the year.

Smith is probably going to be the backup this year. He’s definitely beating out Wylie but I keep thinking Andy will start LDT at RG for continuity bc there’s just no way in hell he’s starting potentially 3 players with zero NFL snaps all next to each other in week 1. Would really like to see the kid in as an extra lineman on speciality plays.

This kid is undrafted but I think that BYU kid could really be Dirty Dan’s 2022 replacement and could beat out Watts. He’s athletic as hell and should be money on ST’s.

Anyone disagree? Think one of these guys gets more playing time early?
[Reply]
flinchfree 02:59 PM 05-03-2021
Think we see Noah quite a bit and from early on too.
Chiefs like to wear the fuck out of Kelce, and giving him more regular breathers can only give the guy even more juice when a big play is there to be made.
[Reply]
wachashi 03:13 PM 05-03-2021
Creed Humphrey starts.
Nick Bolton starts in the base 4-3 defense.

Outside of those two and special teams reps, I don't see a ton of snaps for the other rookies but would love to be proven wrong.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:16 PM 05-03-2021
all first team all-pro's and we win the SB this year.
[Reply]
-King- 03:30 PM 05-03-2021
Creed starts

Bolton doesn't start but Hitchens better not miss any time cause he might not have a starting spots to come back to if he's out too long
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:45 PM 05-03-2021
Traditionally Andy Reid and Spags prefer to roll with veteran players, especially to start the season. Development and injuries will be key. Obviously Humphrey has the best shot of playing significant time early and often.

I'm anxious to see Bolton out there. We haven't had a true enforcer up the middle since Derek Johnson. Hopefully that changes sooner than later.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:26 PM 05-03-2021
I think we might get 4 starters (2 this year) out of a draft where we didn't have a first round pick. That's insane...
[Reply]
Rausch 04:26 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Creed starts

Bolton doesn't start but Hitchens better not miss any time cause he might not have a starting spots to come back to if he's out too long
Didn't someone already say he might start at WLB?...
[Reply]
RustShack 04:44 PM 05-03-2021
I think Bolton plays like a prototypical MLB, but he’s a little undersized. Which might not be a bad thing with the direction football has gone being more of a passing game now. I think he plays more than Gay did his rookie year. I think Gay has the higher ceiling but Bolton has the higher floor. Bolton may get some snaps at OLB to get experience when we play 3 LB’s, but it won’t be long before he’s the man in the middle and will likely get some weight added.

Obviously Creed will start at C and make the biggest impact. Noah will be a nice addition as another TE option plus the ability to replace Sherman a little in the backfield. Obviously Powell will see the field and it’ll be interesting to see how WR shakes out between him and the rest. Typically it takes over a year for a WR to learn Reid’s offense, but they can design some plays for him.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:47 PM 05-03-2021
Veach said Powell will be a great addition to pair with Tyreek and Mecole. Didn’t even mention Pringle Or Robinson. Powell will definitely be seeing some playing time this year. I say he gets more than 500 yards Recieving and 3 TDs
[Reply]
RustShack 04:52 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Veach said Powell will be a great addition to pair with Tyreek and Mecole. Didn’t even mention Pringle Or Robinson. Powell will definitely be seeing some playing time this year. I say he gets more than 500 yards Recieving and 3 TDs
That doesn’t necessarily mean immediately. Wasn’t Veach just hyping up Pringle less than a week ago?
[Reply]
srvy 09:28 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
The only thing keeping LDT here is his contract.

We can save 2 million if we trade his ass next month, but I don't really see who would trade for him. I also think the Chiefs like him and the story. So he makes the roster, adds great depth, and waits for an opportunity to play.
I think you are right but that asswipe canuck will piss Andy off if he checks into camp as a butterball orderly. He better be getting some work in. If Long has anything left in the tank then I hope he gets a fair shot. Long plays with a mean streak that this o line has been lacking in recent years.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:56 PM 05-03-2021
NFLN power rankings after the draft.

[Reply]
TripleThreat 10:02 PM 05-03-2021
Humphrey Powell and Bolton are all solid picks and will be starters. Rest are all busts. Mark my words
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:21 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by srvy:
I think you are right but that asswipe canuck
wtf

Originally Posted by TripleThreat:
Humphrey Powell and Bolton are all solid picks and will be starters. Rest are all busts. Mark my words

also wtf who brought out the stupid stick
[Reply]
oldman 11:01 PM 05-03-2021
With the RG spot still in the air, I don't see Creed starting game 1 unless there's an injury. By the end of the season, yes. Bolton will see some limited action at the start and his progress will dictate how much more we see. Kaindoh will be a rotational piece as long as everyone else stays healthy. Gray will be the 3rd TE/H-back at the start of the season. His playing time will depend on how much he bulks up and if he can beat out Bell. Smith will be brought along slowly. Barring injury, his time is next year. Powell could be the wild card. A 5th year senior that didn't play much until his last year is suspect, but the guy has talents. The key for him will be how fast he can pick up the playbook.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up