ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>AFC rivals haven't closed gap on Chiefs...
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:03 AM 05-03-2021
A good read here in case you missed it, I will put the text in a spoiler...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...his-offseason/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 09:41 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
I would argue Cleveland has had a great offseason and might be ready for a deep playoff run
They have Baker Mayfield. They are not a threat.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:47 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
This is a talented roster without a lot of holes. If Justin Herbert makes a second-year leap, look out. The Chargers could become a trendy Super Bowl pick by the time September rolls around.
Oh good, it's already starting.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:08 AM 05-03-2021
I love what the Chiefs have done on the interior of the line and for starter at LT. But backup LT is question mark. And RT is either Remmers, who is no Schwartz or Niang, who is unknown right now. Hopefully Niang steps up and takes that spot and I guess Remmers can be backup for both tackle spots? Brown/Remmers, Thuney/Allegretti, Humphrey/Blythe, LDT/Long, Niang/Remmers, and Smith inactive every week? Is that how it plays out?
[Reply]
Steron 10:08 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Oh good, it's already starting.
Every. Single. Year.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:16 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I love what the Chiefs have done on the interior of the line and for starter at LT. But backup LT is question mark. And RT is either Remmers, who is no Schwartz or Niang, who is unknown right now. Hopefully Niang steps up and takes that spot and I guess Remmers can be backup for both tackle spots? Brown/Remmers, Thuney/Allegretti, Humphrey/Blythe, LDT/Long, Niang/Remmers, and Smith inactive every week? Is that how it plays out?
Niang will end up there if disaster happens.

I don't know many teams that have 2 starting caliber left tackles. Most carry one and a swing tackle.

Niang is a better option than Cam Erving.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:18 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Niang will end up there if disaster happens.

I don't know many teams that have 2 starting caliber left tackles. Most carry one and a swing tackle.

Niang is a better option than Cam Erving.
An old tractor tire is a better option than Erving.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 10:18 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
An old tractor tire is a better option than Erving.
Yes, it is a low bar.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:26 AM 05-03-2021

[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:31 AM 05-03-2021
Chiefs don’t have a true fatal flaw on paper right now.

The secondary was good last year, and it’ll be pretty much the same group. Guys like Sneed and Fenton will only get better.

Linebacker is younger and more talented than last year.

DL should be better with Reed coming aboard and Wharton getting even better.

OL is vastly improved.

TE depth is better.

WR is the same, since Watkins was always hurt anyway. Maybe Powell or Callaway is a productive addition. Maybe Hardman takes a major stride as a receiver.

CEH will be better with an improved OL and a year in the system. Depth is a little thin, but I’m sure we’ll add another vet.

Mahomes is Mahomes. The coaching staff is essentially back again.

Injuries are the only thing that can derail us. The last 2 years have been rough with injuries. Maybe we’re due for some luck.

13 wins is the floor for the regular season IMO.
[Reply]
Hoopsdoc 10:39 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
They outplayed Buffalo in the playoffs. Lost the game when Rivers rag arm had to throw to the sidelines in the final 2 minutes instead of over the middle where they were destroying Buffalo D.

Wentz isn't great but will be equal to or better than Rivers last year under Reich.

Loaded roster with lots of good young players.
All true, but there’s still the same gaping hole at left tackle, because they didn’t draft one. Well, until the 7th round. A historically deep draft at tackle and they didn’t get one. It’s hard to see that as anything but a failure.

That leaves Sam Tevi(!!!) as the presumptive week one starter. Yikes.

Now, they did add a couple of maulers on the d-line and I’ll never be entirely unsatisfied when they do that but still, they need to protect Wentz.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 10:39 AM 05-03-2021
It's KC's to lose at this point and for quite some time... Chargers are going to be interesting to see what they can do to improve on last year with Herbert. Definitely an interesting situation there.
[Reply]
Kiimo 10:51 AM 05-03-2021
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:52 AM 05-03-2021
17-0
[Reply]
smithandrew051 10:53 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I'd say 14 wins is the floor with the extra game. Chiefs aren't losing more than 3
I was assuming we wouldn’t be playing starters in Week 18. I could see having the 1 seed locked at 13-3 through 16 games.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:54 AM 05-03-2021
Barring an upstart team like the Chargers, who are really a complete unknown due to their new head coach and staff, or the Dolphins, in which Tua would need to turn into Fran Tarkenton overnight, the biggest threat to the Chiefs going back to the Super Bowl, IMO, is the Cleveland Browns.

The Bills have peaked. Josh Allen crumbles under the weight of carrying a team to a playoff victory and until he proves he can be that guy, he won't be that guy. The Ravens can't throw the ball, Big Ben is 150 years old, the South is in transition, as it always is, and the East is meh.

And while Baker Mayfield is inconsistent, he has the ability to put together a streaky run, so if that happens late in the season and he gets hot, they're going to be a huge handful.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 13
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up