Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Noah Gray Thread*****
Dante84 12:44 PM 05-01-2021
Surprise! More to come!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rainbarrel 06:42 PM 05-09-2021
Gray will replace Henne and be Taysom Hill II.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:49 PM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by kcclone:
Gray looks the part but his numbers at Duke were a joke. Hopefully that’s because Duke doesn’t know how to use TE’s.
It's Duke football dude. Way Better than ku shitball, but it's still Duke football
[Reply]
Stryker 08:18 PM 05-09-2021
Personally, I feel that Kelce will be a great mentor to Gray ala Smith to Mahomes. I like the selection.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:26 PM 05-09-2021
For the “Noah Gray is too short” crowd. Dude is exactly one fucking inch shorter than Dallas Goedert.

Kelce himself is just over 1 inch taller than this man. He isn’t that short
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 08:43 AM 05-10-2021
Too tall to be a fullback
[Reply]
RunKC 11:20 AM 05-10-2021
Listening to Nate on this Kingdom Kast pod (he retweeted it if you wanna listen) and man he is pretty much telling everyone how excited the Chiefs are to have this guy.

He mentioned a lot of things Andy did when Alex was here bc they had 2 capable TE’s. One was forcing the defense to keep LB’s on the field by running 12 personnel with 2 TE’s and lining one up in the slot and in-line, then checking to have both TE’s in the slot and the defense panicking last minute bc it’s fucking hard covering 2 capable receiving TE’s, especially when one is the best in the league.

He also mentioned that Andy had plays in practice and camp that he saw that they never ran and basically said that the Chiefs couldn’t run them bc of the lack of talent at TE2.

This is going to be so fucking fun. I can’t wait to see these guys together
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:36 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
It's Duke football dude. Way Better than ku shitball, but it's still Duke football
Duke is actually a pretty decent place to groom solid NFL guys. They run a system that is pro-style and produce a lot of smart players.

No, they're not Bama or LSU but there's something to be said for guys coming out of Duke. We got a solid, dependable football player IMO and that's worth a lot for a team like this.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 11:57 AM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Listening to Nate on this Kingdom Kast pod (he retweeted it if you wanna listen) and man he is pretty much telling everyone how excited the Chiefs are to have this guy.

He mentioned a lot of things Andy did when Alex was here bc they had 2 capable TE’s. One was forcing the defense to keep LB’s on the field by running 12 personnel with 2 TE’s and lining one up in the slot and in-line, then checking to have both TE’s in the slot and the defense panicking last minute bc it’s ****ing hard covering 2 capable receiving TE’s, especially when one is the best in the league.

He also mentioned that Andy had plays in practice and camp that he saw that they never ran and basically said that the Chiefs couldn’t run them bc of the lack of talent at TE2.

This is going to be so ****ing fun. I can’t wait to see these guys together
Yeah, that's why I've been intrigued by the idea of acquiring another good TE who is a receiving threat and ramping up the use of 12 personnel.

Key is if Gray blocks well enough to make teams play 12 personnel like a true TE is on the field. If he does, KC can play these games and work mismatches.

Pairing Kelce/Gray with Hardman/Hill could be really, really nasty, too. You know teams are going to keep their safeties deep if Hill is out there, let alone Hill and Hardman. Will leave a lot of room underneath and also create numbers advantages in the run game.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:00 PM 05-10-2021
The Broncos drafted Surtain to eliminate Kelce. People compared him to Derwin James as a TE remover and that’s likely what they saw.

Would be hilarious when they put Surtain on Kelce only to watch Gray rape their LB’s :-)
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:31 PM 05-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, that's why I've been intrigued by the idea of acquiring another good TE who is a receiving threat and ramping up the use of 12 personnel.

Key is if Gray blocks well enough to make teams play 12 personnel like a true TE is on the field. If he does, KC can play these games and work mismatches.

Pairing Kelce/Gray with Hardman/Hill could be really, really nasty, too. You know teams are going to keep their safeties deep if Hill is out there, let alone Hill and Hardman. Will leave a lot of room underneath and also create numbers advantages in the run game.
I agree.

I'm excited to see what the Chiefs do with Noah Gray.

Noah's size isn't bad. At the 2021 Senior Bowl, his measurements were height - 6035, weight - 240, wing - 78 1/8, arm - 31 1/2, and hand - 9 3/8.

At the Duke Pro Day, he ran an unofficial 4.52 40 yard dash, 35" vertical, 9' 7" broad jump, 4.30 short shuttle, 6.72 3-cone drill, and 15 bench press. Everything but the BP is very good for a TE.

To really help the Chiefs though, Noah needs to get bigger and stronger. If you watch Duke game films, you will see Noah is a willing blocker, but he just gets in the way of the defender and he's not really driving and blocking. It also concerns me as a 240 pound man, he seldom makes a defender pay for hitting him. He gets pounded, thrown down, and gets beat up on most of the plays where he is the receiver.

The good news, Chiefs can help him with his strength and blocking, so another good draft pick for the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:33 PM 06-03-2021
Mahomes, from the presser today:
Originally Posted by :
…and when asked specifically about tight end Noah Gray and wide receiver Cornell Powell, Mahomes suggested that those young careers were already off to a promising start.

"They can work. They know how to get out there and make plays happen. Noah has been really good - I think he has a veteran-type skillset where he knows how to get himself open even if it's not exactly what the play is designed to do. He knows how to get his eyes back and how to get on the quarterback's timing," Mahomes explained. "Then Cornell, he's a beast. He's big out there, running across the field and making some big catches in some tough, contested spots."

[Reply]
staylor26 09:35 PM 06-03-2021
If he’s really already getting a lot of time with the starters, that’s a sign that he’s going to immediately be part of the offense.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 09:37 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
As a North Carolina transplant. I have to say Duke football is way better than KU....... Basketball too:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 09:52 PM 06-03-2021
Originally Posted by CatfishBob2:
As a North Carolina transplant. I have to say Duke football is way better than KU....... Basketball too:-)
I'll cut you
[Reply]
Bowser 12:11 AM 06-04-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
If he’s really already getting a lot of time with the starters, that’s a sign that he’s going to immediately be part of the offense.
Andy has a 12 personnel to play with now.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 23
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up