ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
SAGA45 01:56 PM 05-02-2021
Kaindoh is easily the least exciting pick of this class for me. The physical potential is off the charts but that complete lack of expected college production sets off alarms. Sounds like he was a bust in college given how highly touted of a recruit he was.

I understand poor coaching and player development but still, there have been physically gifted players that played well and, in some cases, dominated at the collegiate level, despite a lack of honed technique and were considered raw coming into the league. On the flipside, there's countless examples of those types of guys being trash in the league so perhaps Kaindoh will be the opposite?...a collegiate bust but an NFL beast.

That'd be quite the story. Time will tell but can't I honestly say I'm optimistic but hoping he pans out given that he's a Chief.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:03 PM 05-02-2021
Florida State had 5 day 3 or UDFA guys with great measurables/talent that all underachieved in college and went late in the draft:

Janarius Robinson
Josh Kaindoh
Hamsah Nasirildeen
Marvin Wilson
Tamorrion Terry

If that doesn’t make it obvious what the issue was, I don’t know what will.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 02:15 PM 05-02-2021

[Reply]
JakeF 02:53 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Kaindoh is easily the least exciting pick of this class for me.
Yep.

I'm pretty stoked about the guys we drafted this year and everyone says i'm mr. negative so that should tell you how good our draft looks this year. :-)

Kaindoh is my least favorite by far.

Basham was so close to our picks and a way better option.

I like Creed at center but there Green was still there as well.

I dunno, just disappointing.

Hope Kaindoh surprises, i guess.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:57 PM 05-02-2021
Yea so disappointing to take a guy in the 4th that was up there with Chase Young and Jaelan Phillips coming out of HS and clearly went to one of the worst programs in CFB at developing talent.

SO DISAPPOINTING!!!
[Reply]
JakeF 03:01 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea so disappointing to take a guy in the 4th that was up there with Chase Young and Jaelan Phillips coming out of HS and clearly went to one of the worst programs in CFB at developing talent.

SO DISAPPOINTING!!!
yes, Mr. Homer.

We are all supposed to love everything single thing that happens.

It doesn't matter to you that we love everything but 1 pick.

relax, dude.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:25 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
Yep.

I'm pretty stoked about the guys we drafted this year and everyone says i'm mr. negative so that should tell you how good our draft looks this year. :-)

Kaindoh is my least favorite by far.

Basham was so close to our picks and a way better option.

I like Creed at center but there Green was still there as well.

I dunno, just disappointing.

Hope Kaindoh surprises, i guess.
Basham's ceiling is Okafor.

Kaindoh's ceiling is double digit sacks every year, pro-bowler. Injuries and poor coaching is why he fell. Athletically, he's off the charts.

Basham was the safer pick; he's unlikely to bust completely. His floor is like...Mike Danna.

Kaindoh may be out of football in two years.

OR he may be a star.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:28 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by JakeF:
yes, Mr. Homer.

We are all supposed to love everything single thing that happens.

It doesn't matter to you that we love everything but 1 pick.

relax, dude.
It’s has nothing to do with any of that.

I just don’t see how you can be so disappointed with a very high upside pick on day fucking 3.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:34 PM 05-02-2021
It’s has nothing to do with any of that.

I just don’t see how you can be so disappointed with a very high upside pick on day ****ing 3.
I look at it like this-

what is it, like a 30% chance on average that you get 'successful' NFL player post round one?

I like taking big swings on potential star ability in the hopes that we get ONE shockingly good player as opposed to a couple of meh guys.

Meh guys are cheap and easily found every year. Stars are tough to find and develop or expensive to purchase.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:54 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I look at it like this-

what is it, like a 30% chance on average that you get 'successful' NFL player post round one?

I like taking big swings on potential star ability in the hopes that we get ONE shockingly good player as opposed to a couple of meh guys.

Meh guys are cheap and easily found every year. Stars are tough to find and develop or expensive to purchase.
Exactly.

Like I’ve said before, the later the pick the more it becomes like a lottery ticket. Why wouldn’t you want the biggest potential earnings?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 03:57 PM 05-02-2021
Exactly.

Like I’ve said before, the later the pick the more it becomes like a lottery ticket. Why wouldn’t you want the biggest potential earnings?
yeah, we don't really need a bunch of JAGS. JAGS are cheap on the free agent market and totally replaceable.

We need to hit on some elite talent. Take the big swing. Fuck the safe bets. We're not rebuilding, we're a perennial contender.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 04:10 PM 05-02-2021
I guess I’m in the minority, the second day of the draft was boring to me, high floor low ceiling guys. Kaindoh is a swing gray is a swing I love it.
[Reply]
RunKC 04:27 PM 05-02-2021
Florida State had 5 day 3 or UDFA guys with great measurables/talent that all underachieved in college and went late in the draft:

Janarius Robinson
Josh Kaindoh
Hamsah Nasirildeen
Marvin Wilson
Tamorrion Terry

If that doesn’t make it obvious what the issue was, I don’t know what will.
That’s why I wouldn’t expect too much from him this year. He hasn’t had good coaching and needs time to build technique.

He should be thrilled to work with Spags and Daley
[Reply]
Skyy God 04:47 PM 05-02-2021
Exactly.

Especially in this crapshoot of a draft.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:02 PM 05-02-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
yeah, we don't really need a bunch of JAGS. JAGS are cheap on the free agent market and totally replaceable.

We need to hit on some elite talent. Take the big swing. Fuck the safe bets. We're not rebuilding, we're a perennial contender.
Totally. It's like on CP: sometimes you get a JakeF; other times you get a Rain Man. But it doesn't mean you just stop swinging.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 20
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up