ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:41 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
You’re such a fucking moron.

I’m sure you were one of the idiots asking who the fuck Sneed was last year too.

I was!

That’s why these guys are my favorite picks.

EDIT:
I was wrong...I loved it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 05-01-2021
Funny how one evaluator says he has "great bend" while another says he's not bendy enough.

It's really difficult to trust these internet evaluations.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:43 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
My favorite Veach picks are the guys with injury histories & no production in college.
Who on the team even qualifies for that?

Tyreek?
[Reply]
lcarus 12:44 PM 05-01-2021
The guy is big and fast. They obviously liked his measurables and felt he was a rare gem that just needed polishing. If it works out, it fills a need. I'm good with the pick.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:45 PM 05-01-2021
our pick is in!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:46 PM 05-01-2021
I was!

That’s why these guys are my favorite picks.

Had to look it up...actually I loved the Sneed pick.

Love this pick.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:47 PM 05-01-2021
Third down pass rusher, fellas. We need someone like this. Gotta stay healthy.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05-01-2021, 12:47 PM
This message has been deleted by Chris Meck.
Coach 12:58 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Funny how one evaluator says he has "great bend" while another says he's not bendy enough.

It's really difficult to trust these internet evaluations.
Yeah, only way to look at it is how you see it in your very own eyes and trust your scouting department.

For the Chiefs, I definitely trust them right now. They have been very good at finding quality players as of late.
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:00 PM 05-01-2021
How good is he at jumping on boxes?
[Reply]
Easy 6 01:01 PM 05-01-2021
Definitely a more exciting pick than Gray IMO

Supposedly has just about every tool a D line coach could ask for, but will need to be polished up quite a bit before having any real impact... all in all, sounds like a great project
[Reply]
Holladay 01:07 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by :
Maybe the Chiefs will give him a few snaps at TE, as that length would be great for endzone jump balls. The few tape bits I’ve seen, looks like he has good hands? :-)
Prolly not, but one thing I noticed was his vert. 36.5 Who at 6.6 260 lbs jumps +3'?

Like everyone is saying, he has the abilities but with the injuries and lack of coaching has not produced.

As the saying goes, you can't teach speed.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:27 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Definitely a more exciting pick than Gray IMO

Supposedly has just about every tool a D line coach could ask for, but will need to be polished up quite a bit before having any real impact... all in all, sounds like a great project
Gray was a fantastic pick. Watch his routes.
[Reply]
oldman 01:33 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Man. If you look at his size, he looks the part.

Then you look at his scores. Damn!

Yeah, this is a really high upside pick. Like, if you can coach this kid up, he'll be a star

If not, well, you know. 4th round pick. Whatever.

There were guys I preferred, but I was looking at production and video.

But this guy has all the tools.
That's kind of how I look at it. It's kind of up to him if he makes it or is selling used cars on a pot lot in a couple years.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:15 PM 05-01-2021
Reminds me of a young Justin Houston, except taller.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:59 PM 05-01-2021
On one of those highlights, Kaindow thoroughly beats Noah Gray trying to block him.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 20
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up