ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Joshua Kaindoh Thread*****
Dante84 11:52 AM 05-01-2021
More to come!

Originally Posted by :
Kaindoh (pronounced cane-dough) was tabbed as one of the top defensive end prospects in the country and a USA Today first-team All-American after spending his senior season at IMG Academy. The Baltimore native flashed talent in his first two years in Tallahassee, earning playing time in all 13 games of his true freshman season (17 tackles, 6.5 for loss, with four sacks) and then starting once in 12 appearances in 2018 (19 tackles, 4.5 for loss, with three sacks). Kaindoh appeared in three games with one start in his junior campaign (nine tackles, 2.5 for loss, with one sack) but was lost for the rest of the year with a lower leg injury. He started eight games in 2020, making 13 tackles, three for loss, and returned an interception for a touchdown. -- by Chad Reuter

Overview
Former five-star defensive end who looks the part but doesn't have the production to go with the traits. Kaindoh has good length but is inconsistent in activating it properly, as his upper-body strength falls a little short. He doesn't have the natural gait and fluid movements of fellow FSU defensive end prospect Janarius Robinson and tends to stay blocked once his opponent gets into his frame. There are occasional flashes as a rusher, but if he doesn't take an early lead, he's unlikely to get home. He might be worth a look later in the draft based purely upon the traits.
Strengths
  • Long, NFL-caliber frame with even more room for muscle.
  • Adequate upfield spring off the snap and into neutral zone.
  • Initial quickness and body lean help him knife into B-gap on slants.
  • Uses length to separate and set the edge.
  • Capable of getting from one edge to the other with his rush counter.
  • Speed-to-power conversion potential as a pro.
  • Length could become more effective rush weapon with work.
Weaknesses
  • Has dealt with injuries and made just 10 career starts.
  • Looked as though he were favoring left ankle at times.
  • Play tends to be segmented and lacks athletic fluidity.
  • Doesn't use size traits to command the rep.
  • Below-average rush with only one sack in his last 11 games.
  • Inaccurate hand slaps fail to open outside rush lanes.
  • Not enough bend to dip below punch at top of the rush.
  • Runs out of gas during chase.

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:22 PM 05-01-2021
JK was the #3 DE coming out of HS behind Chase Young and J. Phillips. One word, injuries. He's not this year's Kpass. This is this year's Lucas Niang.

Kpass was a big reach from the start. This is where you draft guys like this.
[Reply]
Coach 12:22 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Kpass would’ve been fine as the last pick in the 4th. Hope this guy is Kpassian.
A much more athletic KPass. The testing numbers as shown by Dante84 reflected that.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 12:23 PM 05-01-2021
Kaindoh should be afforded time to develop before passing judgment, but my concern is the lack of production given the strong measurables. Obvious this guy does not know how to put it all together yet. I see too many snaps where he allows guys to get into his chest and just steer him. He needs to learn to use his hands better and keep blockers off his frame. Outstanding length and he has a pretty good jump off the snap though.
[Reply]
farmerchief 12:23 PM 05-01-2021
Maybe the Chiefs will give him a few snaps at TE, as that length would be great for endzone jump balls. The few tape bits I’ve seen, looks like he has good hands? :-)
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:25 PM 05-01-2021
This is exactly who you should pick at the end of the 4th round - high ceiling guy with a chance to be a solid starter. You're not going to get blue chip guys without risks at this point.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:27 PM 05-01-2021
Picks are lottery tickets, especially at this point of the draft.

Wouldn’t you want a ticket with one of the biggest potential winnings?
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:27 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
Kaindoh should be afforded time to develop before passing judgment, but my concern is the lack of production given the strong measurables. Obvious this guy does not know how to put it all together yet. I see too many snaps where he allows guys to get into his chest and just steer him. He needs to learn to use his hands better and keep blockers off his frame. Outstanding length and he has a pretty good jump off the snap though.
He'll have time. Clark may be gone next year and he's competing with Taco Charlton and Mike Danna.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:29 PM 05-01-2021
He'll have time. Our DE's suck... kinda. He just has to stay healthy.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:31 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Imagine thinking that you know how NFL teams value these guys on day 3.

How is a guy with elite measurables at a valuable position with the last pick of the 4th a reach?
It’s not. People are dumb.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 12:33 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Basileus777:

Joshua Kaindoh

—Played in just 31 of Florida State’s potential 47 games over the last four seasons, partially because of injuries.
—Only recorded one sack in the last two seasons.
My favorite Veach picks are the guys with injury histories & no production in college.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:34 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
My favorite Veach picks are the guys with injury histories & no production in college.
You’re such a fucking moron.

I’m sure you were one of the idiots asking who the fuck Sneed was last year too.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 12:36 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
Very much a Kpass esque upside pick.
That's how I see this pick for sure.:-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 12:37 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Thanks for weighing in! :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 12:38 PM 05-01-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Picks are lottery tickets, especially at this point of the draft.

Wouldn’t you want a ticket with one of the biggest potential winnings?
And this year more than most given the difficulty in evaluating these guys in person.

Take a flier on an athletic edge with the last pick in the 4th. In Veach I trust.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:39 PM 05-01-2021
Kaindoh should be afforded time to develop before passing judgment, but my concern is the lack of production given the strong measurables.
Florida State is the KU of the ACC.

They've had multiple coaches since Jimbo left for A&M and each and every one of them has sucked ass.

The dude clearly has great length, athleticism and upside so now, it's up to Spags and boys to coach him up, which I'm sure they'll do in spades.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 20
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up