ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
In Memoriam>RIP Patteeu
BigRedChief 12:58 AM 05-01-2021
Patteau was my friend. That may surprise some of you, but we were real life friends for 15+ years, I met Gene at my Arrowhead tailgate sometime in the mid 2000’s. It was the only time we ever met face to face. We hit it off at the tailgate. We only knew each other from Chiefs Planet, we were obviously totally opposites in our political views but outside of that subject, we found we had a lot in common.

We decided to stay in real life contact after the game. Over the 15+ years we kept in touch with what was happening in our real lives. We worked together many times on the packages for the troops. He gave his time and not just money to help get those packages out to the troops.

He was so proud of his daughters. He would go on about how smart they were. Both are successful in life now. They live in NY and LA and as he said so proudly, just as conservative in their views as him.

Gene went through a divorce, daughters moving to different states. Moving etc. I shared with him my son’s path, my moves, milestones etc.

And then there was Gene’s health issues. I swore to keep them to myself. Sometimes I wanted to defend him about being short or aggressive towards someone. You would be short too if you only ½ of one lung left.

At the end, Gene needed a walker to move. On oxygen all the time. Have multiple cancers in different places. Paralysis in his right arm so when he posted on the Planet. He was only able to post using his one good arm and hand.

He was still fighting all that to the end. He did not go gently into the night. He went out fighting death with everything he had. I can only hope that when my time comes, I’ll have the courage he showed.

I will miss my friend.

Gene is the one behind Stevie Ray on the left.
[Reply]
DomCasual 09:01 PM 05-04-2021
That’s tough, man. Rest in peace. Glad he got to enjoy some Chiefs success before he was done.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:18 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by jettio:
So did the obnoxious guy have the option of surrendering?

You probably should have dropped leaflets telling his soldiers how to surrender and spare their lives.

You would make enemies for the next few generations if you overdo it punishing the soldiers just because their commander is obnoxious.

IMHO, it would have been better to do a targeted strike taking out the obnoxious guy.

I will miss patteeu. He was a major personality here on chiefsplanet. It is cool to see that he had friendships with a lot of people here. I feel really bad that he had to deal with losing his health for as long as he did. He had smart takes on football and the Chiefs and expressed himself with class..

He kept pushing for an armistice and we demanded unconditional surrender and the introduction of democratic rule to Eastern Bloc nations. Plus, it was fun to demolish the guy.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:33 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He kept pushing for an armistice and we demanded unconditional surrender and the introduction of democratic rule to Eastern Bloc nations. Plus, it was fun to demolish the guy.
So it was Reagan v. Gorbachev and you were the good guys? Patteeu would have been in heaven.
[Reply]
Eureka 01:43 AM 05-05-2021
Do his daughters know about his posting here?

Without reading the thread completely I say this because I think it would be warming for his kids to see this thread and other posts of his. I used to be heavily involved in the RX7 community and a somewhat young guy there who would always help was killed in a car wreck while driving his car. His mom came on to the forum and she started posting in the Lounge and learning more about her son's hobby and the people he interacted with on that forum. Always thought the was helpful for her.

Anyways RIP Patteeu! Always, seemed like a guy I could get along with.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:48 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by Eureka:
Do his daughters know about his posting here?

Without reading the thread completely I say this because I think it would be warming for his kids to see this thread and other posts of his. I used to be heavily involved in the RX7 community and a somewhat young guy there who would always help was killed in a car wreck while driving his car. His mom came on to the forum and she started posting in the Lounge and learning more about her son's hobby and the people he interacted with on that forum. Always thought the was helpful for her.

Anyways RIP Patteeu! Always, seemed like a guy I could get along with.
No, they are not coming on here. We are copying the positive comments in this and the Leaving Forever threads and will send the comments to the two daughters.
[Reply]
ChiTown 08:54 AM 05-05-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
No, they are not coming on here. We are copying the positive comments in this and the Leaving Forever threads and will send the comments to the two daughters.
In a private convo I had with Gene, he mentioned his daughters and how proud he was of them. With some people, you can tell that it’s something they feel like they have to say, but it was pretty obvious that is was a very genuine emotion for him.
[Reply]
jettio 09:59 AM 05-05-2021
He deserved it no doubt.

Thanks for your stories about Patteeu.
[Reply]
Pogue 01:49 AM 05-06-2021
I don’t know exactly what to say, I’m at a total loss of words that Patteau has gone to the great beyond.

For now, my deepest condolences to his friends and his family if they read any of this. I will miss interacting with him on here.
[Reply]
roman gnome 12:34 PM 05-06-2021
May he R.I.P !

Was one of the G.O.A.T. posters on here and that says a lot!

Wish I could've met the man in person. Happy trails Brother!.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 03:33 PM 05-06-2021
Did Patteeu's B-52 fleet inspire your B-52 simulation thread?
[Reply]
Taco John 05:07 PM 05-06-2021
RIP old friend. Patteeu was probably my very favorite person on the Internet. I am sad to learn this news.
[Reply]
luv 07:32 AM 05-07-2021
I say this thread goes into the Memorium subforum, and the other goes into the HOC.
[Reply]
JakeLV 12:32 AM 05-08-2021
I think he received the first rep I ever gave in this board...

Not that it means much to those who knew him. I hope the folks that held him as a friend know the left a mark on an internet stranger, and I’ve thought about him quite a bit since reading the I’m gone forever post.

Good dude, but he had even better friends. You guys did it right, and I’m sure he’s looking down and laughing his ass off
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:41 AM 05-08-2021
Wow, just found out Gene was literally a rocket scientist

Sure am gonna miss his wise voice in DC

RIP
[Reply]
JakeF 02:18 AM 05-09-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
You guys suck! :-)
You better not ever pull this shit and die, you hear me?

After i kick it, then and only then can you die. :-)
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up