ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 208
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
Dante84 09:24 AM 04-29-2021
So, the 49ers tried to trade #3 overall + players + picks to GB for Rodgers, and GB turned them down.

Makes me wonder if that was “Plan A” and the reason they moved to 3? And “Plan B” was to take QB 3? That would explain why they reportedly hadn’t made their mind up on who they like until just recently.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:25 AM 04-29-2021
Me sad we have no pick tonight. Elated with the reason though.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:27 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:
So, the 49ers tried to trade #3 overall + players + picks to GB for Rodgers, and GB turned them down.

Makes me wonder if that was “Plan A” and the reason they moved to 3? And “Plan B” was to take QB 3? That would explain why they reportedly hadn’t made their mind up on who they like until just recently.
Is this legit? Did the pack agree in principle then it happened and they said of fuck. Love aint ready and we cant take a qb at 3 after him last year lol
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:32 AM 04-29-2021
Imagine Rodgers with Kittle? It would be like watching Mahomes and Kelce!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:02 AM 04-29-2021
Saints attempting to move into the top 10. Not for a QB.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:05 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
TE maybe?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:05 AM 04-29-2021
I think it’s for a CB. Probably want Horn.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:09 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
TE maybe?
Only 1 TE going in the first (Pitts), and he'll be gone by pick #5 most likely.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:11 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I think it’s for a CB. Probably want Horn.
I was thinking that or WR (Waddle/Smith) since they were grumpy with Thomas last year and Sanders left in FA.

Could also be due diligence if someone like Lance or Fields is there and they are in love.

EDIT: Overlooked the "not for a QB" part.
[Reply]
Sofa King 10:11 AM 04-29-2021
That's gonna be hella expensive.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:17 AM 04-29-2021

[Reply]
RealSNR 10:33 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If i never hear Fortsons name again that would be great. He and Pringle are Jags. I loved Pringle early one but as he got some more time he got exposed for what he is.
I get the hate on Fortson because we've had to deal with the promise of "what he could become!!!!" for two freakin years, and he just won't shit or get off the pot. And in this case, the expectation isn't very high-- it's to make the 53 man roster and contribute on special teams. Maybe log a handful of receptions on offense over the course of a season.

That's what Pringle does. He's "made it" in terms of what should be expected of him. And that's all anybody's WR5 ever does. The dudes like Adam Thielen who churn the bottom of the depth chart for multiple seasons and eventually build up their reception totals until they become legit starters year-in and year-out are very very few and far between. In Pringle's case, he's not indispensable or anything like that. He could get replaced at any point for any reason at all. But if you're an NFL team, it might be more important as a contender to get somebody who does special teams like Pringle does than to have somebody with a pipe dream of one day being a pretty good starter.

Pringle never got "exposed." It was just completely unreasonable for people to think he would blossom into a real name in the NFL in the first place.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:43 AM 04-29-2021
They're actually gonna do this shit with Taysom freakin Hill.

I can't believe it.

Payton knows more about football than I do, but it's just kind of jaw-dropping he thinks this shit can work with discount Lamar Jackson.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 10:44 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Can't hurt to ask.
[Reply]
Dante84 10:46 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
They're actually gonna do this shit with Taysom freakin Hill.

I can't believe it.

Payton knows more about football than I do, but it's just kind of jaw-dropping he thinks this shit can work with discount Lamar Jackson.
They still have Winston though, right?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 208
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up