ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 208
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****2021 NFL DRAFT THREAD - NO SPOILERS*****
Dante84 04:02 PM 04-28-2021
Version 2021 - REVENGE TOUR EDITION

Let's ****ing do this.

Rules for once the draft begins:
  1. No spoiled picks in this thread, all weekend. This means that as tweets are leaking picks a few minutes before the selection is announced live, you don't post it in this thread (ex: embedded tweets), reference it in this thread (ex: Joe Slapdick says it's So and So to Green Bay) or hint at it (ex: "it's a RB!").
  2. Don't be a dick.
Otherwise, have fun, talk shit, freak out and lose your goddamned minds. It's Draft Weekend. The hot takes in these threads are so funny. I'll also be starting player threads for each of our picks as they are made, with videos and notable stats/takes in the OP. Pure knee jerk gold to reference in the future.

Here is our current pick order:Here is a list of the prospects the Chiefs have shown interest in this year.

View the 2020 Draft thread here
View the 2019 Draft thread here
View the 2018 Draft thread here
View the 2017 Draft thread here

[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:37 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So did a lot of people because it was Baltimore. What I didn’t want was a shitty defensive coordinator and to stick with the 3-4.

WE CAN’T CHANGE TO 4-3 IN ONE OFFSEASON!!!!
I already at crow on it, but seriously..... Did you see it working out that fast?
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:41 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I also wouldn't mind if one of our 2nd round picks was a running back.......

I know it sounds CRAZY.........
For your sake, let's go with crazy. Because a sane person taking a RB in the 2nd round is just stupid.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:42 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefAshhole1056:
I think the media has been getting trolled this entire time and the Jets go a different route than Wilson at #2. SF knows this and are planning on going Wilson at 3. The media has never been more out of touch with front offices this offseason due to the lack of in-person events to mingle with personnel (namely the combine in Indy, which is a hotbed for networking in the NFL).

It doesn’t make sense for “Mac Jones at 3” to have leaked as early as it did, it felt fishy than and we all just assumed it to be true because of media mock drafts backing it up. There hasn’t been any official word from either NYJ or SF about who they want to go, just plenty of speculation from twitter and the media. The most supportive evidence I’ve found on Wilson to NY is the fact that he reached out to former Jets QBs. I think we’re in for a wild one tomorrow.
It makes total sense.

Kyle Shanahan loves Mac Jones. That's who he wants to pick and unless their scouting department can change his mind, that's who they're going to take.

You're reading way too much into all of it.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:43 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For your sake, let's go with crazy. Because a sane person taking a RB in the 2nd round is just stupid.
Why?

Humor me, who do we have behind Clyde? Do you feel like with our new O-Line it wouldn't make sense to pair a dominate running game with Mahomes?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:44 AM 04-29-2021
Why?

Humor me, who do we have behind Clyde? Do you feel like with our new O-Line it wouldn't make sense to pair a dominate running game with Mahomes?
You have Patrick Mahomes and you want to let him deal with mediocre weapons outside of Hill and Kelce but give him 2 highly drafted RBs? The fuck?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:46 AM 04-29-2021
According to Arrowhead Addict, Azeez Ojulari may fall due to medical concerns. I wonder if there is any chance he's there at 58. Probably not but I have a feeling there will be quite a few surprises due to the limited info (all the opt-outs, no combine, limited medicals, etc.)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 08:48 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I can't believe you folks like this shit.

I miss the all-day draft starting at 10 AM.

Now that was fun.
I agree. Those weekends were a blast.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:52 AM 04-29-2021
Why?

To have a dominant running game, you have to actually run the ball.

Even when we had Hunt, Andy would go a whole month only giving him 10-15 carries a game.

There's just absolutely no reason to use a 2nd round pick on a backup or complimentary RB when we don't run the ball but about 40% of the time. We have needs still on OL, at WR, DE, DB, and LB. RB should be about the last thing on the list.
[Reply]
In58men 08:55 AM 04-29-2021
A) His name is great

B) He caught that one TD vs. the Colts

C) His name is great

I just don't think we need more receiving targets. As much as I want Mahomes to have more, he already has a stacked deck.

What we need to do as a team is Defense, and every other year give him a WR who he will make look like a HoF'er.
I’d rather give up on the Byron experiment and start seeing what we have in Fortson.
[Reply]
TRR 09:00 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I’d rather give up on the Byron experiment and start seeing what we have in Fortson.
I don’t believe the ‘Byron Experiment’ ever really started.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:01 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
If i never hear Fortsons name again that would be great. He and Pringle are Jags. I loved Pringle early one but as he got some more time he got exposed for what he is.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:08 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
If i never hear Fortsons name again that would be great. He and Pringle are Jags. I loved Pringle early one but as he got some more time he got exposed for what he is.
A decent route runner with good blocking ability and solid hands?

He's a piece. Not a first, second or even a 3rd option, but a guy that can come up with a catch when you need it, make some plays on special teams, and fill in semi-capably when others are out. A guys that helps fill out the receiving room and you pay pennies to. Pringle is who we always thought he was. Nothing more. And that's okay.

At least with him, you don't have to worry about him ****ing up or making a stupid ass decision with the ball in his hands (yeah, I'm looking at you D-Rob)
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:12 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
A decent route runner with good blocking ability and solid hands?

He's a piece. Not a first, second or even a 3rd option, but a guy that can come up with a catch when you need it, make some plays on special teams, and fill in semi-capably when others are out. A guys that helps fill out the receiving room and you pay pennies to. Pringle is who we always thought he was. Nothing more. And that's okay.

At least with him, you don't have to worry about him ****ing up or making a stupid ass decision with the ball in his hands (yeah, I'm looking at you D-Rob)
I said hes a JAG? Not a diss, just saying he is what he is. I like him on the team for what he is and what hes paid. Fortson on the other hand hasnt done or shown shit, and fans and media act like hes Julio fucking jones waiting in the wings. He also is what he is, a weird tweener project who can line up on the PS and play roles to give the defense reps.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:15 AM 04-29-2021
1. QB Trevor Lawrence
2. QB Zach Wilson
3. QB Trey Lance
4. QB Mac Jones
5. TE Kyle Pitts
6. OL Penei Sewell
7. WR Ja'Marr Chase
8. QB Justin Fields
9. WR Jaylen Waddle
10. OL Rashawn Slater

B1. Team to trade up: NE
B2. First 3 picks QBs: YES
B3. Number of QBs in 1st round: 4
B4. Pitts drafted before any WR: YES
B5. WR drafted first: Ja'Marr Chase
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:23 AM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
To have a dominant running game, you have to actually run the ball.

Even when we had Hunt, Andy would go a whole month only giving him 10-15 carries a game.

There's just absolutely no reason to use a 2nd round pick on a backup or complimentary RB when we don't run the ball but about 40% of the time. We have needs still on OL, at WR, DE, DB, and LB. RB should be about the last thing on the list.
The only way I’d consider a RB in the second round is if an incredible value (Etienne) fell to us. Even then, the board would have to fall in such a way that our more pressing needs would be reaches.

It’s really hard to imagine that scenario playing out.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 208
< 12345 67891555105 > Last »
Up