ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Nzoner [and the Mrs]
stevieray 12:57 PM 04-25-2021
Original OP about Nzoner's heart attack last spring is archived here.

Spoiler!

Latest on Kathy:

Originally Posted by Bugeater:
Well, coming out of the weekend, 3 straight days of bad news had me feeling like it was time to prepare for the worst. Thankfully, she proved me wrong, and it seems like things have stabilized for the moment. Her critical care Dr did say her lungs were sounding better as of yesterday, so that's a positive. However, it also sounds like he made it clear that she has a long road to recovery in front of her. But at least there's a shred of hope to cling to for the time being, I'll take it and be grateful for it.
Okay, didn't take too much investigation to learn that meals are an issue for him. So here's my plan:

I am going down on Sunday to visit with him and watch the game. The Mrs and I will to do some grocery shopping prior to that and possibly prepare some meals for him as well for me to deliver to him.

Here's how you can help:

I need food ideas: After his heart issues earlier this year, he is on a heart healthy diet. Low fat and low sodium. This is a bit out of my wheelhouse so if anyone has suggestions for food or meals, please post them here. Please keep meal suggestions simple, we're willing to spend some time preparing things but we can't spend 4 hours making a heart healthy version of Duck a l'orange.

You can donate: If you want to kick in some money to help cover grocery costs I certainly will welcome that. PM me for details. For transparency's sake I will post a list of donors in this thread, but you can remain anonymous if you wish. I will also provide photos of what I buy plus receipts so there's no questions about where your money went.

I do have a couple other ideas I am pursuing as well, just need to figure out if there's a way to bring them to fruition. More on that later.

[Reply]
Sofa King 03:49 PM 05-03-2021
There are easier ways to get 20 people to see you naked, FWIW. Message Bowser for details.

Glad to hear you're doing well.
[Reply]
Rausch 04:19 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by burt:
I'm too old to camp on your lawn again, but would love to have another CP get together (maybe a bit less raucous since at least us two have heart issues)!! You have always been a gracious host and I am so very happy that you are on the mend!
You have no idea. The man truly has a kind heart and giving nature.

If anything we should throw a party/get together for him sometime...
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 07:04 PM 05-03-2021
Damn glad to see that you are home and getting better. Take it easy and find your way back to health. You are right that we all need to slow down and enjoy life more instead of flying through. It is the little things that make it all worthwhile.
[Reply]
cdcox 08:59 PM 05-03-2021
So glad to see you posting again, Joe. Take care.
[Reply]
J Diddy 09:10 PM 05-03-2021
Glad you’re doing well Joe. Keep it up.
[Reply]
Halfcan 09:36 PM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:

:-)

Great idea~
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:52 AM 05-04-2021
Look who's alive and feeling great!

I'll never forgive Nzoner for what he tried to do to Tony Stark.

[Reply]
Lzen 09:53 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Nzoner:
First off just let me say I am so happy just to be visiting this place again.I was told they lost me twice but thanks to a great EMT,shock paddles and CPR here I am.Very sore in the chest area especially when I cough,sneeze,laugh etc.

The last thing I remember is being in the back of the ambulance asking where we were at when we barely a mile from my house.The next thing I remember is coming to in a cold room with bright lights and about 20 people hoovering over my naked body(those poor poor souls.)

Let me say I am so humbled by your responses and caring that you all have brought tears to my eyes and in a great way.Your prayers have been heard and appreciated by me and my family more than you will ever know.

I would like to share that I told mrs nzoner I really wanted to get out and go to church today and wow wouldn't you know it the sermon was on Jonah and the whale and how God has a way of getting our attention to get us to focus on what His call on our lives is.We also had a communion service and one of our pastors told me,"when you take this you pray for a complete healing." All I know is a week ago today I was lying in ICU in major pain and doubts and fear galore and today I was able not only to go to church but to see my good friend and fellow CPer Bugeater and even go out to lunch with him.

Anyhow,time for a pain pill and a nap.Thank you all so much again and PLEASE REMEMBER NONE OF US ARE PROMISED TOMORROW.Slow down and enjoy the simple things,look at the beauty of God's creation and in all things give thanks.

LOVE YOU ALL!!!

GOD BLESS!!!
Amen, brother! Glad to hear you're still kicking.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:57 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rausch:

That's a good idea.
[Reply]
Nzoner 11:15 AM 05-04-2021
Got in a good 15 hour nap last night thanks to a painkiller and muscle relaxer. My chest had been throbbing pretty good,I think I may have been moving around a bit too much too early so really needed it.

Thanks again all,I truly appreciate the prayers,well wishes etc. and yes hopefully one day soon we can have a gathering of some type.

Love you all!!
[Reply]
R Clark 11:33 AM 05-04-2021
Glad to hear your doing better and on the mend!
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 AM 05-04-2021
Got in a good 15 hour nap last night thanks to a painkiller and muscle relaxer. My chest had been throbbing pretty good,I think I may have been moving around a bit too much too early so really needed it.

Thanks again all,I truly appreciate the prayers,well wishes etc. and yes hopefully one day soon we can have a gathering of some type.

Love you all!!
Your doctor may have already told you this, but no ice climbing for the next week or two.
[Reply]
Spott 11:53 AM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
I'll never forgive Nzoner for what he tried to do to Tony Stark.

But at least he got his rug back. It was old, but it really tied the room together.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 01:55 PM 05-04-2021

Love you all!!

All the best wishes for your recovery
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:16 PM 05-04-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Your doctor may have already told you this, but no ice climbing for the next week or two.
My best friend went hiking in the mountains for a week the weekend after he got a pacemaker...its pretty amazing how quickly they can get you on the mend these days.

Glad you are getting better, Nzoner.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 32
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up